Mike Peterson a liability

Ditto

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I somewhat agree with you. I think Peterson's best day's are past him but I like his leadership qualities and he's way more aggressive and physical than Brooking in the run game. As for the quality of our linebackers go, Lofton is going to be a stud and Nicholas will surprise people.

Mike Peterson will be this years Keith Brooking. Slowed after ten years, the game has passed Peterson by. His starting status says volumes about the quality of our linebackers.

True, at 33 Mike's best years are behind him. I think most of the changes this off-season were regime changes vs player upgrades. It's difficult for a 1st time head coach to instill there coaching philosophy when you have leaders like MIlloy and Brooking etc who may carry more credibility than there head coach. Who do you think a player listens to more? Players who have been in the league over a decade, went to pro-bowls and superbowls or a coach with no head coach experience.

The defensive moves have been marketed as younger, faster, better but when you really look at our roster, the old saying holds true.

You can put old wine in new new bottles.

I disagree.... I dont why some of you guys are lowon Mike P........ I feel Mike Peterson is a definitely a upgrade from brooking (Mike Peterson is more of a attacker and faster) .....Of course you need to think about getting a younger player replacement soon when you have a 30+ year old starter........ I feel the same way about Tony Gonzalez (draft a talented mid-round TE that can sit and learn from Gonzo).

I just dont understand why some of you are so low on Mike P...... Dude was flying around the field during the preseason....

I disagree.... I dont why some of you guys are lowon Mike P........ I feel Mike Peterson is a definitely a upgrade from brooking (Mike Peterson is more of a attacker and faster) .....Of course you need to think about getting a younger player replacement soon when you have a 30+ year old starter........ I feel the same way about Tony Gonzalez (draft a talented mid-round TE that can sit and learn from Gonzo).

I just dont understand why some of you are so low on Mike P...... Dude was flying around the field during the preseason....

i don't either. i think just because he was a FA everyone feels like he needs to come in and be lance briggs or something.

he'll be an improvement vs the run (and it shows already) and he'll bring vet leadership. yeah he's older so he's not going to play like a young guy all the time and he will make mistakes at times just like everyone, but so far he's been good for us. he's more of a stop-gap kind of guy as well (hence the 2 year deal).

Dude was all over the field making plays during preseason..he looks alot stronger and faster than the guy he replaced

Mike Peterson = Falcons what Keith Brooking = Cowboys.

Coaches bringing in there own players who know and have been successful in there system. Lofton is the only LB who has really peformed well in the pres-season. Nicholas and Peterson have been decent but hardly standouts or clear upgrades.

It's not even a question that Peterson is an upgrade over Brooking. Peterson is no spring chicken, but he plays the run better than Brooking. Peterson isn't as effective at defending the pass as I would like, but it's very hard to get as bad as Brooking was for us last year and not end up on the bench, and Peterson is better than that.

It's not even a question that Peterson is an upgrade over Brooking. Peterson is no spring chicken, but he plays the run better than Brooking. Peterson isn't as effective at defending the pass as I would like, but it's very hard to get as bad as Brooking was for us last year and not end up on the bench, and Peterson is better than that.

Why does Stephen Nicholas get a pass? He has not shown himself to be better than Brooking or Boley.

I agree with you jbo, A lot of people are giving Peterson a hard time because he replaced there poster boy KB. Some give him a hard time just because so many people talked badly about KB and they wanna return the favor. Bottom line is weather they like it or not he's the starter, deal with it.... Luckily fans don't have the power to bench anyone so it doesn't really matter what they have to say.... When you look at his play in preseason he looked good... But if he misses one tackle he will get criticized....It doesn't matter if he leads the team in tackles and had 3 sacks he will still suck to many....

Impossible, We let go of Boley and Brooking before OTA's and Training Camp.

Then maybe they felt that Nicholas would be an upgrade over Boley. Boley was barely taking half of the snaps at the end of last season, and Nicholas was coming in often for Brooking for pass rushing purposes and was a nasty player against the run to boot.

Really, do you guys forget the people running this team came in and made us a play-off team after one of the worst seasons an NFL team has ever gone through? With over 200 years of collective NFL experience, fans hardly have ANY room to question them, considering that they have pretty much exceeded expectations at every turn.