Poll: Which of the new defensive starters has the most potential to step up and surprise us?

SoCalFalconFan

Surprise on the defense  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which new defensive starter will step up and surprise us on the field this season?

• Mike Peterson
    • Stephen Nicholas
    • Tye Hill
    • Peria Jerry
    • Thomas DeCoud

Mike Peterson's veteran presence on and off the field is, no doubt, impacting the defense in a positive way. But as far as one of these guys stepping up on the field, in a game and surprising me goes, I'm going to say Nicholas. I've had high expectations for him since they drafted him. And I expect him to step up bigtime now that his son is healthy.

Who do you think steps up and surprises?

I think Jerry has the potential to make the biggest impact ... I don't expect that much from a rookie, but I'm very unsure about all other guys (DeCoud looked like a deer caught in the headlights in the last 2 preseason games ... Nicholas is ok, but not that special ... the expectations when it comes to Peterson are already high and Hill has to make up for lost time first) and IF Jerry makes a impact, it's going to be great for the team.

I think Moore will take the SS spot after the Bye, moving Coleman back to where he belongs (FS) and DeCoud back to the bench.

I think Jerry has the potential to make the biggest impact ... I don't expect that much from a rookie, but I'm very unsure about all other guys (DeCoud looked like a deer caught in the headlights in the last 2 preseason games ... Nicholas is ok, but not that special ... the expectations when it comes to Peterson are already high and Hill has to make up for lost time first) and IF Jerry makes a impact, it's going to be great for the team.

I think Moore will take the SS spot after the Bye, moving Coleman back to where he belongs (FS) and DeCoud back to the bench.

I hope you're right on Moore. I thought he would be a huge impact player this year. So I was pretty disappointed when he struggled to grasp the defense and then had surgery.