The Good, The Bad, and The Dawg Ugly

Ransack

The Good

BIG HITS!!!! Now that's more like the UGA football I grew up watching. Nice to see some attitude from the D especially the secondary.

D-Tackles did their job to perfection. Hunter had nowhere to go most of the day.

Willie drew up a pretty good gameplan he just got stuck in some bad spots with a little help from the refs added in. I've been after this dude's head for awhile but he made a step in the right direction today.

The Bad

The refs.... This is football not a pillow fight.

Mike Bobo... what are you doing? We ran the ball east/west instead of north/south. We didn't use play action. We didn't stretch the field when they were loading the box. We didn't test an untested secondary... do something. Stack formations, flood zones, use crossing routes, SOMETHING! Swing passes? Wheel Routes? Ever heard of getting your playmakers in space?

Letting Bryant have a free release. That should have never happened all game especially with safety help over the top. Jam him EVERY play. That's my only criticism of the defense.

The Ugly

Three turnovers..... and each time they gave OSU a short field.

Special Teams..... I keep hoping that Richt one day will see how much Special Teams is killing his team and do something about it. My hope is fading.

Joe Cox... Lots of Bark no Bite.

Something about this program just seems off. There's no fire, no passion, just the same tired excuses everytime we fail a big test and no one can tell me that this isn't becoming a trend. I'd like to believe that we're going in the right direction but everything else tells me that 10-3, 9-4 and a trip to the Capital One/Outback Bowl is ok with this coaching staff and that I shouldn't expect anything better.

I hear ya... We dont have the guys we once had coming through this program i feel like. No Pollack, Thomas Davis, David Greene.. people who we could count on to show up ready to go and make some plays. Ya we had Stafford and Knowshon and AJ but outside those guys we couldnt depend on other guys to step up every saturday (Stafford too sometimes)

For all of our top recuits over the past years no one has stepped up to become an elite guy. We have a team filled with roll players (except AJ). We have a bunch of number 2 and 3 WR's a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string Rbs and no one willing to step up to the next level.

I dont know if its the coaches now or the players themselves but it seems that we havnt progressed players like USC and UF does. We seem to be a dumb football team that lacks the fundamentails to be a good team (aka WR's catching the ball consistently). I love coach Richt but something is missing from the program that was there during the Greene- Shockley ear. We are no longer a hungry team and are complaisant with being a top 15-25 team and top 3-5 SEC team.

Bottom line.. We need to get some balls back into the program, whether it be different players or coaches (even though i love richt to death). So hears to hoping this freshman class of Orson, Wotten, Brown, Smith and Murray can help change that

I too have some issues with this game.

Perrish Cox was all over AJ Green like a conjoined twin. Yet, when he went out with cramps UGA never tried to attack his replacement. Any other coach in the game would have tested a backup CB on the next snap.

Why didn't Bobo attack OSU's man to man with some slants and more outs? Was MoMass the only one who knew how to run a slant?

Branden Smith made horrible decisions on Kick Returns. You're 7 yards deep man, take a friggin knee!

Pick a Punt Returner and stick with him. It was like a revolving door back there!

Blah, Blah, Blah...

I am almost willing to bet that Aaron Murray or Zach Mettenberger will be starting by week 6.

The Good

BIG HITS!!!! Now that's more like the UGA football I grew up watching. Nice to see some attitude from the D especially the secondary.

D-Tackles did their job to perfection. Hunter had nowhere to go most of the day.

Willie drew up a pretty good gameplan he just got stuck in some bad spots with a little help from the refs added in. I've been after this dude's head for awhile but he made a step in the right direction today.

The Bad

The refs.... This is football not a pillow fight.

Mike Bobo... what are you doing? We ran the ball east/west instead of north/south. We didn't use play action. We didn't stretch the field when they were loading the box. We didn't test an untested secondary... do something. Stack formations, flood zones, use crossing routes, SOMETHING! Swing passes? Wheel Routes? Ever heard of getting your playmakers in space?

Letting Bryant have a free release. That should have never happened all game especially with safety help over the top. Jam him EVERY play. That's my only criticism of the defense.

The Ugly

Three turnovers..... and each time they gave OSU a short field.

Special Teams..... I keep hoping that Richt one day will see how much Special Teams is killing his team and do something about it. My hope is fading.

Joe Cox... Lots of Bark no Bite.

Something about this program just seems off. There's no fire, no passion, just the same tired excuses everytime we fail a big test and no one can tell me that this isn't becoming a trend. I'd like to believe that we're going in the right direction but everything else tells me that 10-3, 9-4 and a trip to the Capital One/Outback Bowl is ok with this coaching staff and that I shouldn't expect anything better.

Well said.

I'm hoping the D looks more like this all season.

Until UGA gets a good QB and good defensive players (not just LBs), Georgia is going to be down. The defensive lineman you guys get end up stinking up the place. They look like little mini Jamaal Anderson's who cannot get off the line of scrimmage to get pressure on anybody. Your newer secondary guys are ALWAYS big hitters that dont wrap up. Everyone looks to get the big hit with the shoulder to make highlight reels.

On top of bad DLine play and poor tackling, UGA has developped a recent trend of terrible offensive line play. I dont know if the guys you have were big time recruits or what, but they looked weak last year and didnt impress yesterday. If UGA cannot run the football, your in trouble. When you guys are good, you can pound the run, PA pass and play nasty defense. Unfortunately for you guys, those phases of the game are worsening

Until UGA gets a good QB and good defensive players (not just LBs), Georgia is going to be down. The defensive lineman you guys get end up stinking up the place. They look like little mini Jamaal Anderson's who cannot get off the line of scrimmage to get pressure on anybody. Your newer secondary guys are ALWAYS big hitters that dont wrap up. Everyone looks to get the big hit with the shoulder to make highlight reels.

On top of bad DLine play and poor tackling, UGA has developped a recent trend of terrible offensive line play. I dont know if the guys you have were big time recruits or what, but they looked weak last year and didnt impress yesterday. If UGA cannot run the football, your in trouble. When you guys are good, you can pound the run, PA pass and play nasty defense. Unfortunately for you guys, those phases of the game are worsening

UGA has plenty of good defensive players in fact some great ones as well. We did a great job defensively yesterday. We had okie state very frustrated in the 1st half and they had to earn everything they got. The defensive linemen did not stink up the place, the DEs didn't do a good job getting pressure, but we did fine overall against the run. Our tackling was fine yesterday. If you were not impressed with our defense then you were not watching the game. Our offense had big issues, but coaching was the biggest factor yesterday..

I pull for the dawgs when not playing the hawgs.

GA Defense. looked nasty fierce. that was what I thought, after the 1st qter. improved from last year. Yes, most teams are going to have to blitz at least 5 or 6 to effectively, quickly get to the QB. so stop looking for superman at DE every play. 2ndery was given a plan by their coaches and obviously carried it out. Be physical with Dez.

Offense. OH,MY! wth was that. The oline did well especially playing power run. The RB's did well. But as a Razorback I know full too well that the QB position is the most important position. Oline and RB's can get you so far. Great WR's become non-factors with no QB.

Only the coaches know if that was Cox, or Cox +flu. But if they put him out there, then he is well enough to play.

and IF that is who you got.....ya'll are in for a looooongggg season. Reminded me of watching Casey ****. He might on occasion in a game do somthing really good. Then, well, disappear. Just too many blah plays from Cox. Bad playcalling. there are routes designed to get players like AJ Green the ball, even in man with help over the top. slants, comebacks, outs, run him across the field. There was no progression reading, and play calls were not helping matters.

Ya'll better hope your D can keep you in it. Cuz the Razorbacks have a gunslinger, with an OC/HC that is as balanced and effective a play caller as there is. and weapons all over. The Hawgs now have a legit passing game to go with that always great run game. Oh, yeah!

Whether it was the flu or or something else...or this is just as good as it gets with Cox...the fact remains that he shouldn't have played.

He was sick enough to not make the trip with the team and had to leave a day later...the day BEFORE the game! The moment that was announced I said he had NO BUSINESS running out onto that field Saturday.

UGA has plenty of good defensive players in fact some great ones as well. We did a great job defensively yesterday. We had okie state very frustrated in the 1st half and they had to earn everything they got. The defensive linemen did not stink up the place, the DEs didn't do a good job getting pressure, but we did fine overall against the run. Our tackling was fine yesterday. If you were not impressed with our defense then you were not watching the game. Our offense had big issues, but coaching was the biggest factor yesterday..

You did have some impressive big licks in the game, but that doesnt make the defense impressive. Like I said earlier, offenses take more time to get on track earlier in the season. Its no big surprise that OK. State had some issues early in the game, especially given the quality of opponent in an opening game.

Fine against the run? Is that supposed to be good against Ok State? They have a solid back, but not a good running scheme. Your defensive lineman are terrible. I dont know what is so bad about admitting that. They were terrible last year, and I didnt see improvement this season. Several times the QB had alll day to throw, and the guys making the plays in the run game were the linebackers. There were no DT's or DEs shooting gaps making impact tackles out there.

Your secondary guys hit well, but coverage was an issue down the field. The short to mid range routes were covered well and it was the linebackers getting underneath those routes. Again, the linebacker play at UGA is top tier. However, the great defenses get pressure on the QB.

You did have some impressive big licks in the game, but that doesnt make the defense impressive. Like I said earlier, offenses take more time to get on track earlier in the season. Its no big surprise that OK. State had some issues early in the game, especially given the quality of opponent in an opening game.

Fine against the run? Is that supposed to be good against Ok State? They have a solid back, but not a good running scheme. Your defensive lineman are terrible. I dont know what is so bad about admitting that. They were terrible last year, and I didnt see improvement this season. Several times the QB had alll day to throw, and the guys making the plays in the run game were the linebackers. There were no DT's or DEs shooting gaps making impact tackles out there.

Your secondary guys hit well, but coverage was an issue down the field. The short to mid range routes were covered well and it was the linebackers getting underneath those routes. Again, the linebacker play at UGA is top tier. However, the great defenses get pressure on the QB.

Lol you don't have a clue.....

Hunter averaged 6.5 YPC last season. He averaged 3.3 vs UGA

OSU didn't take A SINGLE 5 or 7 step drop. That's right 0. Everything they passed off of was play action. Try getting upfield when they show run every play.

Again Tech fans show how little they know about football. Stick with World of Warcraft and Guitar Hero. It suits you better.

Lol you don't have a clue.....

Hunter averaged 6.5 YPC last season. He averaged 3.3 vs UGA

OSU didn't take A SINGLE 5 or 7 step drop. That's right 0. Everything they passed off of was play action. Try getting upfield when they show run every play.

Again Tech fans show how little they know about football. Stick with World of Warcraft and Guitar Hero. It suits you better.

That is incorrect. The play where Dez caught the ball than got drilled by Evans wasn't off play action. Matter of fact of all the passes that was thrown to Dez, only one of them came off play action.

You are not correct here. You didn't watch the game to make the comments about the defense that you are. The defense was indeed impressive. UGA was very good against the run. They have one of the best running attacks out there and we held them to well below their average and hunter was held to 3 yards per rush. that is very impressive. You know nothing about okie state's run game. Our DEs are not very good, but your dead wrong on our defensive lineman. We have the best interior linemen in the country. It's not so bad for a gtech fan to admit that. Our coverage was not an issue downfield at all. We did a great job in coverage and had very breakdowns the entire game. Our defensive secondary did very well. Our DTs are some of the best in the nation, our lbs are fine, and our secondary was very good to great in this game. You are not at all close to being accurate in your observations of this game and UGA's defense.

I don't agree there. Geno and Owens are two of the best DT's

That is incorrect. The play where Dez caught the ball than got drilled by Evans wasn't off play action. Matter of fact of all the passes that was thrown to Dez, only one of them came off play action.

Wrong.... Robinson showed a fake zone read before the deep throw and on the short TD he took a 3 step drop out of the shotgun.

Here's my link to back it up.

Youtube OSU vs. UGA Highlights