Antoine Harris move to CB?!?!?

Hoppy™

Antoine Harris is definitely a safety and not a corner - he's a tough guy........great player to have on your team - if Falcons cut Harris there would be 20 teams lining up for the guy - special teams ace and ferocious hitter.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. He is my favorite ST player we have probably on kick off and returns.

When will people get a clear understanding that NCAA and NFL are 2 totally different football levels.

man there is alot of things that i wish people would understand when it comes to posting about NFL football. I think that Antione Harris is definitely not an option for CB, never would that be an option at this point, but i did see Jamal Fudge line up at Nickel a few times the last preseason game against BAltimore.

When will people get a clear understanding that NCAA and NFL are 2 totally different football levels.

man there is alot of things that i wish people would understand when it comes to posting about NFL football. I think that Antione Harris is definitely not an option for CB, never would that be an option at this point, but i did see Jamal Fudge line up at Nickel a few times the last preseason game against BAltimore.

I wont put to much into that seeing that it was only preseason.

I don't know.... Educate me, coach...... I could have sworn that 100's of defensive backs have made the move from safety to corner and vice versa, but I could be wrong........

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't even make the suggestion, but do you really think we are so comfortable with our current starting tandem, we may have to think outside the box, sign another cut or watch Houston get torched on 3rd and 46 a few more times?

Like I said, coach..... "JUST A THOUGHT".

**** I think I even said it TWICE for the slower ones.

I don't know.... Educate me, coach...... I could have sworn that 100's of defensive backs have made the move from safety to corner and vice versa, but I could be wrong........

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't even make the suggestion, but do you really think we are so comfortable with our current starting tandem, we may have to think outside the box, sign another cut or watch Houston get torched on 3rd and 46 a few more times?

Like I said, coach..... "JUST A THOUGHT".

**** I think I even said it TWICE for the slower ones.

:lol: :lol: Dude Harris is a safety. Nothing more. And I thought I was reaching by saying we should throw Roddy in the slot

• 2 weeks later...
:lol: :lol: Dude Harris is a safety. Nothing more. And I thought I was reaching by saying we should throw Roddy in the slot

Such a CRAZY idea to move Harris to CB (of course, this was before the Brian Williams move), eh?

When will peole like me ever know as much about the game as people like YOU, since people like me can't understand the difference between NCAA and NFL...

Let me fill ya in on a little someting, Coach.....

ANTOINE HARRIS WAS DRAFTED BY THE TITANS (they are an NFL team and not an NCAA team, right?) TO PLAY.............................you got it............................ CORNERBACK! :o

Perhaps you could ride up to Tennessee and educate their scouting director on the difference between the positions and the levels of play... You know, since the idea of Harris staying at his natural position only makes sense to those of us who are not as enlightened as the chosen few "Message Board Scouts" who can tell the difference between Pro and College ball....

Sept. 4, 2006:

On Sunday the Titans had to cut down from 75 players to the NFL-mandated 53-man roster limit, and Conover was one of the 22 final cuts. However, Conover was one of seven players re-signed to the practice squad, along with CB Antoine Harris, LB Terna Nande, RB Quinton Ganther, T Justin Geisinger, TE Cooper Wallace and G Fred Matua.

http://www.bucknellbison.com/sports/m-foot.../090406aaa.html

Practice squad

■77 Sean Conover DE

■35 Quinton Ganther RB

■73 Justin Geisinger T

41 Antoine Harris CB

■57 Terna Nande LB

■49 Spencer Toone LB

■89 Cooper Wallace TE

■8 Matt Mauck QB

http://www.encyclopediajr.com/wikiarticle/...ssee_titans.php

Now granted.... He has appeared more in his element playing safety....... That is why I said "JUST A THOUGHT"......... TWICE, I might add for the slower ones, as I am well aware of the fact that he is better suited for free safety at this pint in his career..... But when you are in a situation as desperate as ours was at CB before the Brian Williams signing, moving him to the corner is not nearly as ridiculous as you made it sound.... It's not like the guy is built like William Moore..... At 5-10 / 205 lbs., it wouldn't be much of a problem at all to drop a few lbs. and move back to corner if we were in a bad pinch... However.... TD & Co. hit another home run when they brought in Brian Williams, a veteran leader who can not only play the position (both corner and safety, as crazy as that sounds! :o ), but can also mentor the young arsenal of talent we have in the defensive backfield.... All they need is time to learn the system, ans within two years, I'm betting we are TOP FIVE both offensively AND defensively.....

Just a litttle note for the future...... Before trying to make yourself some sort of Football Guru, do your homework....... If you knew even a LITTLE about Antoine Harris, you would know:

1: He is here primarily for his incredible play on teams.

2: Antoine Harris playing corner in the NFL isn't just something that college football fans come up with. When he was drafted by the Titans in 05, they had every intention of making him a physical corner, who has great hand checking ability and can easily jam WR's at the line and disrupt routes.

Maybe my emergency solution (considering what we had at the time) wasn't quite as stupid as you made it out to be. Either way, I', D@MN glad we got Brian Williams! I was expecting a vet who knew the system, and could hold the fort until the young kids (Owens and Jackson) are ready to get their feet wet.

Now go make me a sandwich. I'm finished bustin' on ya for now, Kanye.

He played corner (quite well, actually) in college, and at the very least, we know he can jam WRs at the line and disrupt routes..... Like I said.... Just a thought....

He is a special teamer, not a guy you want seeing time in your secondary. All guys that make it in the NFL fit some place and his spot is on special teams only. If he ends up playing in the secondary we are in trouble. This guys is in his 4th year, not like he is a 1st or 2nd year guy attempting to break into the lineup.

He played corner (quite well, actually) in college, and at the very least, we know he can jam WRs at the line and disrupt routes..... Like I said.... Just a thought....

Antoine Harris is very much underrated.

Some around here thought he was on the bubble during cuts ...

Not even close.

He can play corner in a pinch...

But the discussion now should be with regard to starting at free safety.

But with Moore in the mix ... that might be a moot discussion.

Coleman/Moore is what we are shooting for.

Antione Harris on Falcons depth charts

04 Aug 07 4th string LCB

22 Aug 07 3rd string FS

22 Dec 07 3rd string SS

?? (early) 08 3rd string FS

??(late) 08 2 string SS

today 2nd string FS

NOTE at NFL.com Falcons depth chart he is listed at FS but on the roster he is listed as a CB

EDIT

With 6 CBs on the roster and Middleton on the PS

Why move 1 of only 4 Safeties ???

Naw i didnt, but i guess they just wanted to see if he how versitle he was, but he didnt do too bad either.
Harris was playing CB when he first made the team and he played it very well. I didn't think of him as a safety till the moved him there and he hasn't made a play on defense since.

For all of you blasting the OP for the idea saying Harris isn't a cornerback, well, he was originally a cornerback his first year.

He was actually a swing man that played both safety and cornerback.

EDIT:

Nevermind. I see the OP has defended himself admirably.

I never questioned it, but we do already have an abundance of average cornerbacks.

Antoine Harris does not have the fluidity in his hips on the turn and go nor the footspeed to play corner at this level. He was a corner at LOUISVILLE. Remember a not to be mentioned ex Atlanta coach from there. He wasn't ready for primetime either!

Antoine at as an NFL corner?

With all due repect, I want some of what you are smokin!

On second thought, maybe I don't cause you must be on crack!

He is a special teamer, not a guy you want seeing time in your secondary. All guys that make it in the NFL fit some place and his spot is on special teams only. If he ends up playing in the secondary we are in trouble.

First of all, if we had to stick with what we had before signing Brian Williams, we couldn't possibly have been in ANY more trouble than we were already in...... Grimes/Houston were getting played like a fiddle. I know we play zone and all, but the idea is to actually CLOSE the space before the ball arrives.... How many "3rd and HALF A FIELD"'s did we see Houston get burned on? Antoine Harris at corner could not have possibly put us in more trouble than we were already in before the BW signing.....

And yes.... I totally agree that he is here to play teams, but had we not picked up Brian Williams and had we NOT generated the sort of pressure up front that we got against Miami, not only moving Harris to CB sound like a good idea, but doing a raffle, "If you are sitting in Section 107, Row 18 seat 13, you have beeen selected to report to the Falcons locker room and dress to play corner today... Please give it up for our lucky winner!", would ALSO sound like a good idea.....

Such a CRAZY idea to move Harris to CB (of course, this was before the Brian Williams move), eh?

When will peole like me ever know as much about the game as people like YOU, since people like me can't understand the difference between NCAA and NFL...

Let me fill ya in on a little someting, Coach.....

ANTOINE HARRIS WAS DRAFTED BY THE TITANS (they are an NFL team and not an NCAA team, right?) TO PLAY.............................you got it............................ CORNERBACK! :o

Perhaps you could ride up to Tennessee and educate their scouting director on the difference between the positions and the levels of play... You know, since the idea of Harris staying at his natural position only makes sense to those of us who are not as enlightened as the chosen few "Message Board Scouts" who can tell the difference between Pro and College ball....

Sept. 4, 2006:

On Sunday the Titans had to cut down from 75 players to the NFL-mandated 53-man roster limit, and Conover was one of the 22 final cuts. However, Conover was one of seven players re-signed to the practice squad, along with CB Antoine Harris, LB Terna Nande, RB Quinton Ganther, T Justin Geisinger, TE Cooper Wallace and G Fred Matua.

http://www.bucknellbison.com/sports/m-foot.../090406aaa.html

Practice squad

■77 Sean Conover DE

■35 Quinton Ganther RB

■73 Justin Geisinger T

41 Antoine Harris CB

■57 Terna Nande LB

■49 Spencer Toone LB

■89 Cooper Wallace TE

■8 Matt Mauck QB

http://www.encyclopediajr.com/wikiarticle/...ssee_titans.php

Now granted.... He has appeared more in his element playing safety....... That is why I said "JUST A THOUGHT"......... TWICE, I might add for the slower ones, as I am well aware of the fact that he is better suited for free safety at this pint in his career..... But when you are in a situation as desperate as ours was at CB before the Brian Williams signing, moving him to the corner is not nearly as ridiculous as you made it sound.... It's not like the guy is built like William Moore..... At 5-10 / 205 lbs., it wouldn't be much of a problem at all to drop a few lbs. and move back to corner if we were in a bad pinch... However.... TD & Co. hit another home run when they brought in Brian Williams, a veteran leader who can not only play the position (both corner and safety, as crazy as that sounds! :o ), but can also mentor the young arsenal of talent we have in the defensive backfield.... All they need is time to learn the system, ans within two years, I'm betting we are TOP FIVE both offensively AND defensively.....

Just a litttle note for the future...... Before trying to make yourself some sort of Football Guru, do your homework....... If you knew even a LITTLE about Antoine Harris, you would know:

1: He is here primarily for his incredible play on teams.

2: Antoine Harris playing corner in the NFL isn't just something that college football fans come up with. When he was drafted by the Titans in 05, they had every intention of making him a physical corner, who has great hand checking ability and can easily jam WR's at the line and disrupt routes.

Maybe my emergency solution (considering what we had at the time) wasn't quite as stupid as you made it out to be. Either way, I', D@MN glad we got Brian Williams! I was expecting a vet who knew the system, and could hold the fort until the young kids (Owens and Jackson) are ready to get their feet wet.

Now go make me a sandwich. I'm finished bustin' on ya for now, Kanye.

A lot of college players move from CB to Safety but the other way around isn't common. Also Brian Williams was a CB when he was drafted into the league. He moved to safety when the Jags sign Drayton Florence.