The Official bring Brian Williams home

Romfal

Williams isn't all that good, but still better than what we have. I think it's a good plus cause he could get in there much quicker that Ty because of knowing the system already.

Can't say i agree with ya Nob :) As a Jags fan as much as falcons fan i know their players as good as ours. Williams is a good CB. He's not that good a safety though. They should have never switched him and let him continue getting better at CB. He could be a top CB in this league with time at 1 position.

Can't say i agree with ya Nob :) As a Jags fan as much as falcons fan i know their players as good as ours. Williams is a good CB. He's not that good a safety though. They should have never switched him and let him continue getting better at CB. He could be a top CB in this league with time at 1 position.

Okay, I was just going by the stats at NFL.com. Looked like he had 2 really good years, then so-so since then.

I will for sure take your word for it cause I remember you saying you kept up with both teams before.

nobody on the jags forum seems to be that upset that he's gone...

if we cut a player who was decent we would have atleast 15 topics on the front page about it

Thats becaue they picked up Cox who has really outdone himself this preseason and earned a spot on the rostor. Plus they picked up sean consodine at SS who has also looked good.

Saved money and the guys we picked up made him expendable. Plus as i said not a great SS just solid. will be much better at CB for us his natural position.

I am for it.

2009 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 76 | Key

Comment: Williams has been the Jaguars starting right CB since coming to Jacksonville from Minnesota where he played for four years. He had one of his best seasons of his career in 2008 as he finished with 82 tackles and two interceptions. He is a good-sized corner with excellent agility and body control. He has above average speed and understands angles and how to keep receivers within his range. He has supple hips that he can flip to turn and run with receivers without loosing relationship. He shows good route recognition and does a good job of reading the quarterback's eyes to get a jump on the ball. He shows good body control and ball skills when in position to make a play on the ball. He likes to jump on underneath routes and does a good job of taking away slants with a good, quick inside position. If he had upper-echelon long speed he would probably be an elite corner.