falconsfansrus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How could this be possible :angry:

Because he's the best we've got to put there. He outplayed Davis all preseason. KB isn't big enough to start on that side. Sidbury is too raw. JA98 actually played well this preseason if people would get over their blind hatred of the guy and objectively analyze his play thus far this year they would realize that.

"IF" Anderson is the starter, he won by default just like Grimes did.

I want what is best for the team. I just hope Anderson can make some tackles when we hit the real deal.

He did'nt make but about 3 all pre-season.

I thought Beirman was up to 270#. That's not big enough for that side?

I do believe he's still in the 240's. Could be wrong on that though.

JA98 sux regardlesss.

I hope our offense is ready for a long

season.We`ll be lucky if the offense is

not rittled with injuries,because they will

be on the field longer than our crappy D.

ummm, you want the O on the field more than the D.

Obviously we can take your opinion of JA98 seriously as well.

I do believe he's still in the 240's. Could be wrong on that though.

Def. wrong on that. KB71 is at least in the 260s .. He is bulked up with no drop in speed. He needs to be the starting LDE without question. The only reason why he wouldnt is because Smitty wants to keep his legs fresh. He is the second best pass rusher and we need him so much in our nickle and 3-3-5 packages.

Thats the ONLY reason he wouldnt start. He will get some playing time in the 4-3 base as well, but I imagine that Smitty thinks Davis/JA98 can hold up okay on first and second downs and then bring in the rush from KB71 in the nickle.

I hate this idea. You never know when the biggest plays of the game are going to happen. It may be on 3rd and long, but then again it may be on 2nd and short when our 4-3 base package is out there. My position is that you put your BEST players on the field no matter what. If they get tired, take them out. Right now, KB and Abe are BY FAR the best DEs we have. I can understand spelling Abe alot because of injuries. KB71 is young. Let the kid play.

Def. wrong on that. KB71 is at least in the 260s .. He is bulked up with no drop in speed. He needs to be the starting LDE without question. The only reason why he wouldnt is because Smitty wants to keep his legs fresh. He is the second best pass rusher and we need him so much in our nickle and 3-3-5 packages.

Thats the ONLY reason he wouldnt start. He will get some playing time in the 4-3 base as well, but I imagine that Smitty thinks Davis/JA98 can hold up okay on first and second downs and then bring in the rush from KB71 in the nickle.

I hate this idea. You never know when the biggest plays of the game are going to happen. It may be on 3rd and long, but then again it may be on 2nd and short when our 4-3 base package is out there. My position is that you put your BEST players on the field no matter what. If they get tired, take them out. Right now, KB and Abe are BY FAR the best DEs we have. I can understand spelling Abe alot because of injuries. KB71 is young. Let the kid play.

I know it's not the most reliable, but the Falcons, on their site list him @ 241. He did look bigger, but 20 pounds, I'm not sure about that, especially at the end of camp.

Now, you know we sub out JA55 a LOT and JMO, KB is a better fit on that side anyway, so he's going to get a good amount of playing time. I'm still in the minority, but I think JA98 is a solid 2 down DE and I think it makes more sense to rotate KB behind JA55 instead of starting him on the left both because of run support (up until the final preseason game, KB was still letting runners through his gap & then having to chase the from behind) and he's the better DE to rotate with JA55 on the right side.

JA98 sux regardlesss.

I hope our offense is ready for a long

season.We`ll be lucky if the offense is

not rittled with injuries,because they will

be on the field longer than our crappy D.

ummm you know you WANT your offense on the field longer then the D???

as long as your offense is on the field, the other teams offense cant score.

Maybe you should take a football 101 class before posting? just a thought

This is getting ridiculous.

It's no secret that I've been incredibly disappointed with the guy, but right now Anderson is the *least* of our defensive woes. Anybody who has watched these preseason games knows that opposing QB's are getting rid of the ball far too quickly to be vunerable to a pass rush. Our problems right now center around the secondary and that's not worth ignoring in favor of creating turmoil on the defensive line roster.

You could plug Julius Peppers opposite Abe and it's still going to be the same story it's been all preseason long; a three step drop for a 40 yard gain.

Because he's the best we've got to put there. He outplayed Davis all preseason. KB isn't big enough to start on that side. Sidbury is too raw. JA98 actually played well this preseason if people would get over their blind hatred of the guy and objectively analyze his play thus far this year they would realize that.

Robb,

Understand where you are coming from and respect your opinion. But did JA98 play well? Against first string offenses I didn't see him do too much. It appeared alot of the times he was either blocked by a single guy (leaving JA95 doubled team) or no one at all and a RB or TE would pick him up and stop him. I would like to see more before I would consider him to be playing well.

I agree that C Davis was not that productive and Biermann is still not ready to play every down. i think he may be listed as #1 by default.

Robb,

Understand where you are coming from and respect your opinion. But did JA98 play well? Against first string offenses I didn't see him do too much. It appeared alot of the times he was either blocked by a single guy (leaving JA95 doubled team) or no one at all and a RB or TE would pick him up and stop him. I would like to see more before I would consider him to be playing well.

I agree that C Davis was not that productive and Biermann is still not ready to play every down. i think he may be listed as #1 by default.

Partially by default I think he's listed at #1 there. JMO, he outplayed Davis & we have the same opinion on Biermann.

I really need to go back & look at my DVR of the St. Louis game, but I know in the Baltimore game he was being doubled or at least chipped by a back quite a bit more than I expected. A couple of times the OC doubled on him when he made an inside move. Looked like Baltimore was looking to do that to him. Maybe they knew their RT was going to need the help regardless of who was there, not sure. And, like you referred to, it wasn't their 1st string OL either. I thought JA98 did play well in the Baltimore game which should give people some hope, even if it was the 2nd string guys he was going against, and I don't think he had a really bad game all preseason.

"IF" Anderson is the starter, he won by default just like Grimes did.

I want what is best for the team. I just hope Anderson can make some tackles when we hit the real deal.

He did'nt make but about 3 all pre-season.

I thought Beirman was up to 270#. That's not big enough for that side?

Davis starts half the time, and Beirman & Sidsbury each get as many reps or close to it not to mention Davis is signed to a fairly big contract for a back up in the offseason............yet Anderson only wins it by default?

riiiiiight

Robb,

I will give JA98 credit in the fact he was trying different pass ruch moves this preseason...some inside slants, bull rush, etc with some degree of success rather than just outside speed rush. However it seems like everytime someone drops at his feet or goes low he just stops and drops his hands down. If he could just hop over him, keep his head up rather than looking down and keep his hands up he would be better off.

From what i saw JA98 did not play well this preseason. He did not stand out what so ever unless he was getting thrown to the ground or more importantly quitting during the middle of a play. I'd rather have anyone out there at DE besides him, but i think there will be a good rotation going so im not worried about who is "starting" on that side.

Robb,

I will give JA98 credit in the fact he was trying different pass ruch moves this preseason...some inside slants, bull rush, etc with some degree of success rather than just outside speed rush. However it seems like everytime someone drops at his feet or goes low he just stops and drops his hands down. If he could just hop over him, keep his head up rather than looking down and keep his hands up he would be better off.

Agree 100%. There has to be an agility issue or something there. He doesn't cut/turn well (which is probably why he was moved from TE to DE at Arkansas), at times when he gets to the QB, the QB steps up and JA98 cannot adjust to that little move by the QB (which I think will be helped by a better push up front this year). Same with someone going at his feet, he has to stop then change direction or move around. That's the big weakness with JA98 IMO.