UGA WILL PLACE 4TH IN THE SEC EAST

Doc Holiday

As optimistic as I'd like to be, I just don't see Tennessee winning the SEC East. I figured they'll be battling it out for third place with South Carolina. As far as Georgia goes, I think we'll find out alot more about them next week against South Carolina. Today might have just been a bad game. The good news for the Bulldogs is that South Carolina looked pretty awful on offense against NC State.

UGA WILL LOSE NEXT WEEK TO THE *****, THEY WILL LOSE TO THE VOLS, AND THEY WILL GET DRUGGED BY THE GATORS...

THE VOLS WILL WIN THE EAST AND THE SEC. MARK MY WORDS

The Vols run up the score on a helpless Western Kentucky team (after a horrid first quarter in which UT scored zero points)....

and the Vols are now going to be champions of the universe. LoL. :rolleyes: Crompton for Heisman! :lol:

This forum should be filtered just like the "Pure Football" forum so as to prevent such idiocy.

I'd love to see it happen, and if it were to happen, I'd be overjoyed...but after one week, it's WAY TOO EARLY to predict who's going to do what by season's end. I don't think we'll know just how good or bad any of these teams are in week one...maybe by the 5th or 6th game of the season, we'll be able to start formulating some more detailed ideas.

I'll say this much after what I've seen this weekend...I think UT will be better than many/most folks, outside of the Volunteer Nation, have predicted. I think that UGA still has one of the best teams in the SEC, and barring a major catrastophe to their D, will be a tough game for just about anyone they face. The Gators are the defending champions, and just as important, are still the best team in the SEC until someone proves otherwise.

The impact of the wins or losses from week one won't be truly known for several more weeks...teams that didn't look early on, can bounce back and become champions, and teams that looked like world beaters can easily fall down and look like chumps. As a diehard member of the Vols' family, I'm happy with what I saw this weekend...but it still only proves that we SHOULD be able to beat the teams that we're supposed to beat, and that's all. To win the SEC, you've got to wins the games you're supposed to win AND you've go to beat the teams that are supposed to be better than you. This week's win hasn't guaranteed us anything...we need 9 or 10 more to go with it, and given our schedule, for the most part, looks like a who's who of New Year's Day bowl opponents, I ain't jumping to any conclusions after the first game. If we can do it again next week, and then again for the following the game in the Swamp, then I'll start pouring myself a mug or four of the kool-aid...Those are going to be some HUGE IFs... :unsure:

I'd love to see it happen, and if it were to happen, I'd be overjoyed...but after one week, it's WAY TOO EARLY to predict who's going to do what by season's end. I don't think we'll know just how good or bad any of these teams are in week one...maybe by the 5th or 6th game of the season, we'll be able to start formulating some more detailed ideas.

I'll say this much after what I've seen this weekend...I think UT will be better than many/most folks, outside of the Volunteer Nation, have predicted. I think that UGA still has one of the best teams in the SEC, and barring a major catrastophe to their D, will be a tough game for just about anyone they face. The Gators are the defending champions, and just as important, are still the best team in the SEC until someone proves otherwise.

The impact of the wins or losses from week one won't be truly known for several more weeks...teams that didn't look early on, can bounce back and become champions, and teams that looked like world beaters can easily fall down and look like chumps. As a diehard member of the Vols' family, I'm happy with what I saw this weekend...but it still only proves that we SHOULD be able to beat the teams that we're supposed to beat, and that's all. To win the SEC, you've got to wins the games you're supposed to win AND you've go to beat the teams that are supposed to be better than you. This week's win hasn't guaranteed us anything...we need 9 or 10 more to go with it, and given our schedule, for the most part, looks like a who's who of New Year's Day bowl opponents, I ain't jumping to any conclusions after the first game. If we can do it again next week, and then again for the following the game in the Swamp, then I'll start pouring myself a mug or four of the kool-aid...Those are going to be some HUGE IFs... :unsure:

Ton, where have you been hiding? Good to see you talking about college football again.

Ton, where have you been hiding? Good to see you talking about college football again.

LD...I've been around, off and on, but things have been exceptionally hectic the last few months...took a new job here in Wildcat country, and have been adjusting to the new schedule and demands of that job...I'll be around a little more often though...starting to get a feel for it all now. ;)

Speaking from a sane mans perspective, Florida will obviously win the East, Georgia will place second, and seeing as how Tennessee has no more Western Kentucky's in their schedule will finish either 3rd, 4th, or possibly 5th.. Ugh.. why did I dignify this with response?

UT will be in a battle for 2-3 in the East with UGA. Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee are the best teams in the east this year. Yes I know it was WKU but you cannot deny how sharp the offense looked, we didn't look that good against air last year.

you really have no idea what ut will battle for.. they have as good of a chance to battle for 4th or 5th in the sec.. and yes you look good against a crap defense.

no it wasn't.. they were a bad FCS team.. ut fans celebrating that they could score points against wku makes as much sense as ut fans saying how great crompton was last year after his #1 team beat the #2 defense in a scrimmage..

I wasn't celebrating UT scoring points

I was celebrating UGA's inability to move th eball on offense against the 93rd ranked defense or to score against the 73rd ranked defense in scoring

but dont worry its okay to be defenisve

I wasn't celebrating UT scoring points

I was celebrating UGA's inability to move th eball on offense against the 93rd ranked defense or to score against the 73rd ranked defense in scoring

but dont worry its okay to be defenisve

No you guys have been celebrating that breakout game and saying hey we are now going to win the SEC East division or in some cases finish #2 in the SEC east.

Well since last year's defense isn't playing this year so your comments above mean nothing. Kinda of like your complete failure and embarrassment of losing to wyoming which was one of the worst losses ever for a SEC team. So does that matter this year? Nope.. So when CMR goes 4-1 at neyland this year we will have to laugh at vol fans who use a win against a bad wku team as nothing more than a win against a bad team. It says very little about your season. No need to be defensive, any fan who points to one game to show anything doesn't know much about football. UGA lost to a top 10 team on the road in game one, ut killed a crap team that's all you need to take away from 1 game. Anything else you are reaching on.