What i dont understand about middleton and walker!

hudson

If your at a point in the draft where you dont like the value of whats coming up why not trade say your 5th and 7th to move up? or to get more picks for the following year? I just see no point in drafting a guy to cut him or PS him! I would rather have 4 really good guys that your happy to have and can contribute to your team rather than have a couple of guys you like and a bunch of whatever guys! This is the only time i have not agreed with TD on this one!

Late round draft picks are always a gamble, these guys are late round picks for a reason, they don't always make the roster. And trading picks sounds nice, but you need a trade partner, so it doesn't always work.

You don't keep somebody because you gave up a draft pick for him, either he makes the roster by showing up in the preseason or he's gone. (which isn't always true, since there's still the PS)

This is a terrible topic because a late round pick actually made the team in Spencer. So they did get a chance to make the team and they didn't do it. So it's not a wasted pick until the prove they are not worthy of it in the nfl yet. Who's to say they won't make the PS? They got outplayed at their position by better players this year so they can't make the team.

i have seen a lot of 5th rd picks cut including jamon meridith drafted ahead of garrett reynolds. meridith looks great on paper, but i did'nt want him at all for other reasons. he lacks what it takes to make it in the NFL, heart.

as i looked at the pick of middleton following his release, i could'nt find anyone i would have drafted instead.

johnson out played walker by a lot. he looks to be a viable part of the rotation and a nice find along with svitek. even myles looked better than walker, but walker should be easily placed on the PS and give johnson a run for his money next year.

what im saying is you go into the draft pretty much knowing how many spots you have open on the team and who has a legit chance of making the team. I would rather draft up or draft down or trade for picks next year.

And you really think they didn't have a chance? CB was (and still is) a obvious weakness, you can never have enough good DTs, ...

They had all chances in the world, but got outplayed ... there are few late round picks that make the roster, it's always a upside pick and some people don't show up when it matters, that's normal.

i have seen a lot of 5th rd picks cut including jamon meridith drafted ahead of garrett reynolds. meridith looks great on paper, but i did'nt want him at all for other reasons. he lacks what it takes to make it in the NFL, heart.

as i looked at the pick of middleton following his release, i could'nt find anyone i would have drafted instead.

johnson out played walker by a lot. he looks to be a viable part of the rotation and a nice find along with svitek. even myles looked better than walker, but walker should be easily placed on the PS and give johnson a run for his money next year.

Their was at minnimum 6 to 7 players i would have taken there easily probably alot more.

Jasper Brinkley, Marcus Freeman, Victor Macho Harris, Scott Mckillop, James Casey, Cornelius Ingram, Xavier Fulton, Jamon Merideth

Thats the guys who i would have been happy with.

There are the guys who i would have loved/killed to have

Nic Harris, Michael Hamlin, Duke Robinson, Zach Follet

Their was at minnimum 6 to 7 players i would have taken there easily probably alot more.

Jasper Brinkley, Marcus Freeman, Victor Macho Harris, Scott Mckillop, James Casey, Cornelius Ingram, Xavier Fulton, Jamon MeridethThats the guys who i would have been happy with.

There are the guys who i would have loved/killed to have

Nic Harris, Michael Hamlin, Duke Robinson, Zach Follet

Falcons only like "white" offensive linemen :rolleyes:

If your at a point in the draft where you dont like the value of whats coming up why not trade say your 5th and 7th to move up? or to get more picks for the following year? I just see no point in drafting a guy to cut him or PS him! I would rather have 4 really good guys that your happy to have and can contribute to your team rather than have a couple of guys you like and a bunch of whatever guys! This is the only time i have not agreed with TD on this one!

people get cut every year its a crap shoot. If you havew a great draft one year, you gotta expect at some point some new players drafted arent gonna make the team, otherwise, you have an entire new team every 5 years after drafting 7 new players every year

Practice Squad .... The End

Macho is a FS for the Eagles because he does not have the speed to play CB

I agree why yall trippin abou these cuts it is a numbers game, doesnt necessarily mean that dont have any talent, They have to be cut in order to be signed to the practice squad. Hopefully they clear waivers and make it to our practice Squad, especially Vance Walker. I am sure the team has already told these two players that we want them on our PS.

For a late rd pick Vance Walker played very well. If our D line did not have so many guys who can play then he would have made our team. I am not so sure he will clear waivers cause their are alot of teams that could use him.

I agree, I think he will get picked up either before or after making the PS.

Good thing is that we havent had the depth on the Dline for a long time. Its a luxury problem.

this is not a logical argument..........players get cut a lot in 4th and 5th round just like 6th and 7th rounders get cut. Heck, Brian Brohm was a 2nd rounder that is getting cut by the Packers while Matt Flynn is the backup QB for Pack and he was drafted in the 7th round of the same year. Jamaal Anderson-RB was a 6th rounder for the Falcons - Tom Brady was a 6th rounder as well. Your logic above does not always translate.

Still think we should have drafted Vic Harris in the 5th. Walker was a 7th though so i dont really mind; low risk-high reward kind of deals. Didn't work but no harm done.

Still think we should have drafted Vic Harris in the 5th. Walker was a 7th though so i dont really mind; low risk-high reward kind of deals. Didn't work but no harm done.

V-harris is playing FS because he might not be a good fit at CB and the Eagles have more players at the Safety position compared to the CB position, so they planned to make Macho a FS the entire time, which explains why he wasnt drafted until the 5th round. It is a reason why he is playing FS instead of CB = speed, and if you look at the CB we drafted this year we really wanted speed.