Wow Packers to release QB Brian Brohm

4LoveoftheGame

Is it sad I still kind of want Brohm? Brohm and Dorsey are clearly not the future...

I'd sure as heII take him over JPW.

That is sad. I kind of thought about him some before we drafted Ryan. Then I saw Flacco at the combine, and wanted us to draf him. Very happy we ended up w/Ryan now, of course. I think it's the old Pestinko curse for Brohm. The league seems to be expecting more and more immediate contributions from their draft picks, and Brohm doesn't seem to be picking it up very well.

i hate to admit i wanted brohm in rd 2 for a long time last year. i did come to my senses and want ryan at #3 just before the draft though. it was ryan all the way for me when we were on the clock. they gave him every opportunity too, but 3 ints, zero TDs, 4.8 YPA, and 5 sacks looks very harrington-esque to me. 62 attempts most on the team. flynn only had eight. 54.5 QB rating for brohm. he had the attitude of a terd, which is what turned me off with him.

I talked about Brohm with Packersfans. He looks very awful. matt Flynn will be the backup.

Well, I took a lot of heat for saying Brohm shouldn't be drafted in the 1st round for Brohm's entire senior season and I took heat for saying early in his senior year that Matt Flynn would be a good 4th round pick for us to develop if we didn't/couldn't get a 1st round QB. I feel much better about all of that today.

Packers | Will waive Brohm

Comment (0)

Sat, 05 Sep 2009 13:21:16 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the National Football Post, reports the Green Bay Packers will waive QB Brian Brohm, according to league sources.

Who are they gonna have as a backup, they must be getting someone.

Um, Matt Flynn was, and is their backup.