Crompton has thrown 3 tds and only one pick at the half

ghost87

he was also unlucky with his 2nd INT..my PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL was awful but i got to see it and it was just a tip drill..Still nice to see that we finally handled a super par team.

Not sure if its a good thing or bad thing Berry didnt get a pick, as if he sets the record on national TV vs UCLA its better publicity for him/the school

Just got back from the game and its great to finally see Tennessee demolish a team that they should dominate. I know it was just WKU but the Crompton I saw out there today showed a lot more poise and confidence then the Crompton I watched flounder around out there last year. The defense gets to the ball and we have some really talented tail backs as well as freshmen WR's. Marsalis Teague is going to be a start for UT, he has a knack for finding holes in the zones and sitting down in them. Hopefully we can build on this performance and keep improving. The Kiffin era couldn't of started any better.

Just got back from the game and its great to finally see Tennessee demolish a team that they should dominate. I know it was just WKU but the Crompton I saw out there today showed a lot more poise and confidence then the Crompton I watched flounder around out there last year. The defense gets to the ball and we have some really talented tail backs as well as freshmen WR's. Marsalis Teague is going to be a start for UT, he has a knack for finding holes in the zones and sitting down in them. Hopefully we can build on this performance and keep improving. The Kiffin era couldn't of started any better.

I agree, what most impressed me was UT's D-line. They brought insane pressure.

Yeah, they put up 63 points against a basketball school.....nice...Games like this should be banned from t.v.

A total waste of air time....

Your fellow Bulldog fans will probably complain if they UGA vs Tennessee Tech game isn't on TV. They start off with Louisiana Lafayette next year and Bulldog faithful will complain about having to watch it on Pay Per View. Games like that will be easy wins for Georgia are a total waste of air time..... B)

I know that UT beat a nobody team, but it was a good start and preparation for real games. I know that he won't continue to have those numbers against quality competition, but it may help him get the confidence that wasn't there last year. Like another poster mentioned, even UAB rattled him last year

I watched it on 360, and while it was WKU, Tennessee looked good. Most of the BCS teams playing cupcakes today looked sluggish and sloppy. UT didn't, aside from a few early turnovers. Their power running game was really what got the offense rolling. Their lines were aggressive and dominant.

As bad as UT was last season, people forget they were a bad Erik Ainge pick six from possibly winning the SEC in 2007.

Well, let's get it out there that Western Kentucky is really, really, really bad. they were 2-10 in D1-AA last year. However, it was nice to see our freshman stepping up. That was a staple of USC football (playing a lot of freshman early), and I believe Lane is going to do the same thing at UT. It really helps with recruiting.

Crompton looked good...Both INT's were more unlucky than bad throws. Hard to glean too much out of this game just because the other team was so bad, but I do believe we will have a very good running game this year. Our defense was #3 in the SEC last year, and they look ready to at least repeat that performance.

I still am thinking 7-5 or 8-4, but this year should be fun.

Well, let's get it out there that Western Kentucky is really, really, really bad. they were 2-10 in D1-AA last year. However, it was nice to see our freshman stepping up. That was a staple of USC football (playing a lot of freshman early), and I believe Lane is going to do the same thing at UT. It really helps with recruiting.

Crompton looked good...Both INT's were more unlucky than bad throws. Hard to glean too much out of this game just because the other team was so bad, but I do believe we will have a very good running game this year. Our defense was #3 in the SEC last year, and they look ready to at least repeat that performance.

I still am thinking 7-5 or 8-4, but this year should be fun.

Big difference is that at USC we don't have to play freshmen. UT have to play them. We only play the very best freshmen that can handle playing that early.

I don't care if it's a bad wku team, scoring 70 points and being very effective is still a good sign. We will see a lot in gainesville of course, but next week the competition stiffens with ucla's defense.

Agreed i'm really anxious to see how UT can do against a pretty stout UCLA defense. If we can see half of the production out of the offense that we saw yesterday I will remain pretty optimistic about this season.

Agreed i'm really anxious to see how UT can do against a pretty stout UCLA defense. If we can see half of the production out of the offense that we saw yesterday I will remain pretty optimistic about this season.

I'm stoked about this upcoming UCLA game. I haven't been this anxious about a game in awhile, mostly because of the new coaches and strategies. Will Coach Lane's offense work against UCLA and will Coach Monte's Defense be able to stop them?

BTW, I'll probably be able to make the trip back home and to Neyland to see this one. I can't wait.

I'm more anxious to see if we can move the ball on their defense. I think our defense will shut them down. UCLA's offense isn't very good and they are starting a freshmen QB. The key match up in this game is gonna be our O against their D. The only thing I would change about this game is the fact it's during the game, would love to see Kiffin's first real test under the lights.

I'm more anxious to see if we can move the ball on their defense. I think our defense will shut them down. UCLA's offense isn't very good and they are starting a freshmen QB. The key match up in this game is gonna be our O against their D. The only thing I would change about this game is the fact it's during the game, would love to see Kiffin's first real test under the lights.

Good point. I will be there in Section N, Row 50, which should be under the shade of the Upper Deck. The only good thing about it being an afternoon game is that it will be hotter than at night. It gets hot in LA, but they don't have the humidity of the Southeast out there. I remember in the 91 UCLA game, Smokey suffered heat exhaustion at the same time a UCLA player got injured and the UT training staff worked on Smokey, rather than help the UCLA staff with their injured player. Smokey and UGA are some of the most spoiled animals in the the world.

The excitement of this game reminds me to that of the 2006 Cal game with the uncertainty at different positions. Lets hope for the same results on Saturday as that game!!

I dont expect much from Crompton coming up, Kiffin and Chow run pretty similiar offense's (what with Kiffin coming up after Chow left USC) so both defenses should be pretty well prepared. If the offense can have half the out put we did against WKU i think we will be in a pretty good position in a low scoring game.