Miami Dolphins starting WRs Ginn- 5'11 and Camarillo 6'1""

gazoo

This board needs to get a grip. In San Diego our shorter CBs went man to man up against a starting WRs of 6'5' and had Phillip Rivers thowing to him. We played mostly cover 2 last year and will play much cover 2 in the regular season. It's just not as bad as it seems once we get this thing going. Lets look at our first 4 games, shall we?

Our opening game, there is no starting WR anywhere near as tall as San Diegos 6'5" tall WR Vincent Jackson that was being covered by the 5'8' Grimes. I fact, Houston is as tall as Ginn and Grimes is only a couple inches sorter than Bess. We have Chevis Jackson who played great Thursday night that measured 6' at the combine to cover Hatline in the slot and other DBs as well.

GAME 1 MIAMI STARTING WRsI

Ginn- 5'11

Camarillo 6'1"

QB - Chad Pennington

GAME 2 CAROLINA STARTING WRs

Steve Smith 5'9'

(36 year old) Muhsin Muhammad 6'2"

QB Jake Delhomme :lol::lol:

GAME 3 PATRIOTS STARTING WRs

We play the Pats on the road and have never had a CB that could cover Randy Moss. Anyway, does it really matter how tall their wrs are? I mean, is this game a "W" on your schedule and because Moss is 6'4" our season is over already? If we still have Foxworth, we stil probably lose this game.

By game 4 agains San Fransico, we will be 2-1 and the WRs will be:

Isaac Bruce 6'

Josh Morgan 6'

And who is their QB? :rolleyes:

After game 4 our defense will have jelled as our offense did last year. We will be hitting on all cylinders and our offense will be one of the best in the NFL.

We overcame last year by:

#1. Bringing in intelligent , motivated football players who learned their assignments quickly. Our offense started hitting on all cylinders within a few regular season games and became dominant as the season progressed. The mediocre defense help the team until the offense caight fire.

#2. Getting rid of "me" players and bringing in "team" players who strengthened the locker room and allowed us to stick together and jell as a team....the early struggles did not tear the locker room apart and we overcame

#3. Outstanding organizational hierarchy from TD on down, outstanding coaching leadership from TD and Smitty on down, outstanding player develoment by the assistant coaches,

#4.Outstanding scheming to cover up enormous weaknesses last year on defense. This year, don;t expect to see a base man to man coverage scheme that burned us in preseason.

Another important thing to mention, Arizona had a high octane offense that got them to he Super Bowl. Their defense was #28 in points allowed. I thin our defense will be much better than Arizonas was once it jells.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your CB's can't cover receivers, it doesn't matter how tall or short the WR's are. Weird post. And if you're "waiting" or "expecting" a secondary with like 8 collective years of experience to gel, you might be waiting longer than you're in contention.

The Falcons need Vets in the secondary. They can't fix that problem this year without them. This is GM 101.

we don't really face many tall wideouts all year. colston, moss and roy williams are the only guys above 6'3 i believe. i'd just like to see our corners be more physical and i'd like to see houston cover better. if that happened i think we'd be alright.

You are correct, they do need to play more physical and I really liked how Jackson played, I like the addition of Hill and I do think Grimes and Houston will get it together.

It seems a lot of the panic is over our CBs height and I just think it's been overdramatized and we are not going to go send them out on an island every snap without stunting and scheming the dlinemen more.

The first several games was my biggest concern after watching Rivers to Vincent Jackson but after looking at the matchups I'm feelng more confident about it.

This board needs to get a grip. In San Diego our shorter CBs went up against a starting WRs of 6'5' and had Phillip Rivers thowing to him. It's just not as bad as it seems once we get this thing going. Lets look at our forst 4 games, shall we?

Our opening game, there is no starting WR anywhere near as tall as San Diegos 6'5" tall WR Vincent Jackson that was being covered by the 5'8' Grimes. I fact, Houston is as tall as Ginn and Grimes is only a couple inches sorter than Bess. We have Chevis Jackson who played great Thursday night that measured 6' at the combine to cover Hatline in the slot and other DBs as well.

GAME 1 MIAMI STARTING WRsI

Ginn- 5'11

Bess 5'10"

QB - Chad Pennington

GAME 2 CAROLINA STARTING WRs

Steve Smith 5'9'

(36 year old) Muhsin Muhammad 6'2"

QB Jake Delhomme :lol::lol:

GAME 3 PATRIOTS STARTING WRs

We play the Pats on the road and have never had a CB that could cover Randy Moss. Anyway, does it really matter how tall their wrs are? I mean, is this game a "W" on your schedule and because Moss is 6'4" our season is over already? If we still have Foxworth, we stil probably lose this game.

By game 4 agains San Fransico, we will be 2-1 and the WRs will be:

Isaac Bruce 6'

Josh Morgan 6'

And who is their QB? :rolleyes:

After game 4 our defense will have jelled as our offense did last year. We will be hitting on all cylinders and our offense will be one of the best in the NFL.

Another important thing to mention, Arizona had a high octane offense that got them to he Super Bowl. Their defense was #28 in points allowed. I thin our defense will be much better than Arizonas was once it jells.

There are plenty sub 6'0" WRs that will eat their lunch. Not to mention all the TEs they will have to cover on corner and out routes. Get your head outta your as.

WIDE RECEIVERS & TIGHT ENDS

Terrell Owens, Steve Smith (twice), Randy Moss, Santana Moss, Antonio Bryant (twice), Chris Cooley, Wes Welker, Kellen Winslow Jr. (twice), Lee Evans, Jason Whitten, Lance Moore (twice), Mushin Muhammad (twice), DeSean Jackson, Joey Galloway, Jericcho Cotchery, Devery Henderson (twice), Ted Ginn Jr, Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin and Hakeem Nicks

If your CB's can't cover receivers, it doesn't matter how tall or short the WR's are. Weird post. And if you're "waiting" or "expecting" a secondary with like 8 collective years of experience to gel, you might be waiting longer than you're in contention.

The Falcons need Vets in the secondary. They can't fix that problem this year without them. This is GM 101.

Grimes is still the best "cover" corner we have on this team......he's cover skills are not an issue.

Just in case you were unaware, Chris Houston was one of our two starting CBs last year and we finished #11 in points allowed.

You are being overly dramatic by ignoring this salient FACT.

I think you are ignoring the salient fact that your schedule last year helped matters. And both Foxworth and Milloy were better in helping you win games whether or not they have more potential than the guys you hope will eventually be really good.

Serious question: is there any team in the NFL with a younger secondary top to bottom than you have? And is there any team in history that succeeded with such a young secondary? I hope it works out for you. But I seriously doubt it will.

I think you are ignoring the salient fact that your schedule last year helped matters.

whooaaa

Eeveryone that I've seen with this comment was pointng to the DEFENSES WE PLAYED that made our offense look better than it really was.

I've not seen anyone say we played a lot of easy offenses.

Serious question: is there any team in the NFL with a younger secondary top to bottom than you have? And is there any team in history that succeeded with such a young secondary? I hope it works out for you. But I seriously doubt it will.

That same question was posed last year when we had a rookie QB, rookie LT, and a total of 6 new starters on offense.

The answer is that TD brings n intelligent football players that seem to catch on quickly with the exclelent coaching staff we have teaching them. That's how we overcame this exact situation last year.

btw.....Ty Hill, Chevis Jackson, Brent Grimes and Chris Houston al have at least 3 years This is DeCouds second year in the system an Coleman's 6th

You can't possibly think your 11th in points allowed stat didn't have something to do with you schedule. The Falcons are good. They're up to the new schedule. But the glaring weakness is the secondary. And you don't waste an offense like you have skipping along in candyland hoping a secondary made up of complete kids is going to gel.

You can't possibly think your 11th in points allowed stat didn't have something to do with you schedule. The Falcons are good. They're up to the new schedule. But the glaring weakness is the secondary. And you don't waste an offense like you have skipping along in candyland hoping a secondary made up of complete kids is going to gel.

Our defense played the NFL's top scoring offense 2 times, the #7 scoring offense 2 times, the NFLs #2 #5 , #6 , #12, #14, #16 scoring offenses .......and we finished #11 in points allowed with Houston as a starting CB.

The majority of our games were against high scoring offenses, 7 of them against top 10 scoring offenses.

A CB in his third year may be young, but not in a bad way. Grimes, Jackson and Houston are both 3 year vets. My goodness, do you want to bring back Ray Buchanan??

Our defense played the NFL's top scoring offense 2 times, the #7 scoring offense 2 times, the NFLs #2 #5 , #6 , #12, #14, #16 scoring offenses .......and we finished #11 in points allowed with Houston as a starting CB.

The majority of our games were against high scoring offenses, 7 of them against top 10 scoring offenses.

anti.jpg

Grimes is still the best "cover" corner we have on this team......he's cover skills are not an issue.

How are you getting best corner??? I hope you're not serious. What has he done in the preseason at all that warrants this proclamation? Actually Jackson has been better than Grimes in terms of having made some plays. If Grimes is so great where was he last year after he got healthy?

If Grimes is so great where was he last year after he got healthy?

i ask that all the time legion. i said in one thread he got benched and someone told me it was just his "injury". while i do believe he was hurt (and he was hurt), he was benched as well.

if matt ryan went down with injury and chris redman went in unless chris played like an all pro (which foxy did not) matt would retain his job and start playing when he became healthy. same with, roddy, tony, turner, abe, etc.

How are you getting best corner??? I hope you're not serious. What has he done in the preseason at all that warrants this proclamation? Actually Jackson has been better than Grimes in terms of having made some plays. If Grimes is so great where was he last year after he got healthy?

I said he's the best "cover" corner we have. The kid sticks to a reciever like glue.....I didnt say he was a playmaker....I didnt say he was a shut down corner.....I didnt say he was the best corner. I said he's the best "cover" corner. Last time I checked we do not have Foxworth anymore....I hope that answers your question about where was he last year. Actually you are using words like great.......I did not say he was great. Seems like you hate Grimes....you hate him so much you forgot how to comprehend what you read.

That same question was posed last year when we had a rookie QB, rookie LT, and a total of 6 new starters on offense.

The answer is that TD brings n intelligent football players that seem to catch on quickly with the exclelent coaching staff we have teaching them. That's how we overcame this exact situation last year.

btw.....Ty Hill, Chevis Jackson, Brent Grimes and Chris Houston al have at least 3 years This is DeCouds second year in the system an Coleman's 6th

The difference between what happened on offense last year to defense this year is night and day. You already had a great receiver, Turner should have been good (but turned out great), and Ryan was the #3 pick who turned out better than expected. There was already talent on that side of the ball. Your defense on the whole is OK, but in the secondary you have:

Houston: 2 years

Grimes: 2 years (only 1 with real experience)

DeCoud: 1 year (and last year he didn't get out of the shallow end)

Coleman: Legit

(Backups)

Hill: 3 years (but only one with real experience)

Jackson: 1 year (backup)

Moore, Owens, Middleton (rookies)

What am I missing? That might be a recipe for domination years from now, but this year it's a recipe for disaster. Like I've said, I don't buy for one second that TD isn't going to bring in Vets. But I don't get how even the most optimistic Falcons fan could look at that roster in the secondary and think it will work out this year. So bringing in Vets, overloading on CB's for the roster, and working guys into shape while plugging leaks is the best option. It's what you did last year and it's what you need to do this year.

i ask that all the time legion. i said in one thread he got benched and someone told me it was just his "injury". while i do believe he was hurt (and he was hurt), he was benched as well.

if matt ryan went down with injury and chris redman went in unless chris played like an all pro (which foxy did not) matt would retain his job and start playing when he became healthy. same with, roddy, tony, turner, abe, etc.

To equate the spread in talent between Ryan and Redman to Foxy and Grimes is a real stretch that cannot be supported by facts. Typically backup QBs are nowhere near as talented as the starter. The spread between a #2 CB and #3 CB is usualy much less. Foxy was playing good for us, I don;t blame the coaches for nt pulling him against an unproven CB that had been injured.

I think Grimes' biggest problem is confidence and would mention that no 5'8" CB should not be matched up against 6'5" WRs when Phillip Rivers is QB as well. There are plenty of NFL CBs in the 5'8", 5'9" range that succeed in the NFL.

I said he's the best "cover" corner we have. The kid sticks to a reciever like glue.....I didnt say he was a playmaker....I didnt say he was a shut down corner.....I didnt say he was the best corner. I said he's the best "cover" corner. Last time I checked we do not have Foxworth anymore....I hope that answers your question about where was he last year. Actually you are using words like great.......I did not say he was great. Seems like you hate Grimes....you hate him so much you forgot how to comprehend what you read.

Okay, here we are with the hate thing. Thats worse than me saying great actually. You know I personally really and honestly don't hate anyone in the world.

Now, I use to "hate" Webster...but only for his play. Why would I hate Grimes if he's the "best" corner that we have anyways? He obviously isn't. This isn't about agreeing and disagreeing anymore, its about whats really best, not who looks the best at sucking.

Okay, here we are with the hate thing. Thats worse than me saying great actually. You know I personally really and honestly don't hate anyone in the world.

Now, I use to hate Webster...but only for his play. Why would I hate Grimes if he's the "best" corner that we have anyways? He obviously isn't. This isn't about agreeing and disagreeing anymore, its about whats really best, not who looks the best at sucking.

Again....I didnt say he's our best corner.....that remains to be seen being since we added Tye Hill. I've watched Grimes play and he is always with the receiver unlike Houston who usually has to play catch up with the reciever. The only problem with Grimes is he just can not consistently get up in the air and fight for the ball. He has the hops to get up there but he's can not and will not do this consistently. I see him get killed on streaks, but there are certain routes that Grimes plays very well........to name a couple slants and come back routes.

Why would I hate Grimes if he's the "best" corner that we have anyways? He obviously isn't.

"best" is different than being "the best" at a specific part of your job description. Grimes is absolutely the most athletic, probably has the "best" vertical leap, but the "best" overall is a different argument.

A CB in his third year may be young, but not in a bad way. Grimes, Jackson and Houston are both 3 year vets. My goodness, do you want to bring back Ray Buchanan??

First of all, your defense last year was not your defense this year. And those numbers about playing high powered offenses obviously don't tell the whole story since they're not backed up by what happened.

Anyway, why do you try to make the guys you have seem like they have more experience? Houston has 2 (unremarkable) years of experience. Grimes has 2, but only last year did he get real time and he had his problems. Jackson has one year of experience, not three, and was a backup. DeCoud practically has no experience, and you're ready to assume he's better than Milloy? You can't be this naive.