Something that hasn't really been brought up....

bossFALCON™

instead of worrying who will be our 3rd string qb, why aren't we talking about who our punt returner will be? i don't know about everyone else, but weems hasn't impressed and chandler williams, the only guy whos gotten a decent number of returns this preseason, just got cut. i don't remember grimes returning other than a fair catch or two and it doesn't look like thomas brown will make the squad. most were concerned about losing douglas as a slot WR, but i believe we could get someone to put up his numbers there. i was/am far more concerned about him not being there in the return game. he had like 4 or 5 20+ yd return last years and was only our return man for 10 games. he also had our first PR touchdown in foreeeeeever.

you never notice the value of your punt returner until you don't have one (remember the days of adam "fair catch/little miss muff-it" jennings?) and as of right now we don't really know who ours is. who do you think it should be? grimes? weems? tye hill?

if we don't have a guy i'd definitely like us to go out and get one because douglas played a big role for us last year....

I really wanted to see Bergeron get his shot. I think he could have been a good PR man, not to mention he looked pretty good most of the time when he had his shots at WR.

I was thinking the same thing! I wonder why they haven't tried him at it! There has to be something the coaches have seen that make them not want to.

I'm more worried about the blocking. None of the returners except in that last game got real good blocking to do anything. From what I remember at least. Oh also, yes its nice to get good returns, but i'm hoping our offense is good enough that we can move the ball from wherever we are on the field. I just want the ball secured and if we can move it up some good.

instead of worrying who will be our 3rd string qb, why aren't we talking about who our punt returner will be? i don't know about everyone else, but weems hasn't impressed and chandler williams, the only guy whos gotten a decent number of returns this preseason, just got cut. i don't remember grimes returning other than a fair catch or two and it doesn't look like thomas brown will make the squad. most were concerned about losing douglas as a slot WR, but i believe we could get someone to put up his numbers there. i was/am far more concerned about him not being there in the return game. he had like 4 or 5 20+ yd return last years and was only our return man for 10 games. he also had our first PR touchdown in foreeeeeever.

you never notice the value of your punt returner until you don't have one (remember the days of adam "fair catch/little miss muff-it" jennings?) and as of right now we don't really know who ours is. who do you think it should be? grimes? weems? tye hill?

if we don't have a guy i'd definitely like us to go out and get one because douglas played a big role for us last year....

Very good question. Looks like an after cut pickup. I'm sure TD knows how important the return game can be.

It has to be Weems even though I am sure we can do better. I only really saw Weems and Williams returning punts. If they were thinking of Bergeron they would have tried him during the preseason so I don't think he has a chance. I hope they get someone of waivers but then how good of a returner can that person be if they were waived?