NFL trades that need to happen before kickoff

nativefalcon

Per the Czar at Fox Sports. :P

9. Any Green Bay safety to the Falcons: The Packers have four safeties right now and will only keep three. Anthony Smith, who started last season for a period with the Steelers, has been pushing wild man Atari Bigby, who can't seem to avoid injuries. Atlanta needs secondary help badly and right now the Packers are loaded with defensive talent.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1000853...ckoff?GT1=39002

I agree we'll take one. :P

Yall do know that we drafted a safety in the second this year and another one in the 2nd round last year that is starting for the 1st time in his NFL career. Man it seems like some of us are expecting to see Decoud play like Ed Reed right out of the gate. The safties IMO are doing what has been asked of them, the problem is the Corner back play, most of those 3rd down completions were not the safties faults.

Yall do know that we drafted a safety in the second this year and another one in the 2nd round last year that is starting for the 1st time in his NFL career. Man it seems like some of us are expecting to see Decoud play like Ed Reed right out of the gate. The safties IMO are doing what has been asked of them, the problem is the Corner back play, most of those 3rd down completions were not the safties faults.

Agreed 100%.

Anderson, Bierman, Sidbury, Lewis, Jerry, Lofton, Nicholas, Houston, Jackson, Owens, Decoud and Moore all have 2 years of less of experience at this level - and almost all were dafted with high or mid round selectiions. We need to give these young defensive players a chance to develop, especially the 1st and 2 year guys, rather than calling for wholesale changes before the season has even started.

If we're going to pick up a safety Aaron Francisco was just released by the Cards.

Francisco was excellent last year, seeing plenty of playing time and imo greatly outplayed the overrated Adrian Wilson. Not the greatest in coverage (bout average) but real solid in run support and if Decoud isn't working out I think he could allow Coleman to go back to FS (I know we're meant to be running interchangeable safeties but I'm not sold on either safety as run defenders