Contract comparison: Roddy White - 6yrs, $50 million

g-dawg

I am not saying we got a bad deal on Roddy - but wow! Jags got a great deal on MJD - just signed him this offseason to that contract - I wonder why his agent would let him sign so cheaply - he's 24 years old and by the time his contract ends - Jones-Drew will be 29 years old - close to the dreaded RB age of 30........

sure, the injury factor is always there (ironically MJD just got injured last night - but just a shin bruise)........

Think MJD made a bad deal there - if he breaks out this season his market value could be closer to $8-$10 mil.. Although it seems like RBs make less than WRs - which is odd to me.

HB =/= WR

WR are usually payed better because you can find them easier. Look at the top 5 HB vs the top 5 WR.

EDIT:

Just to give you an example.

ESPN.com's John Clayton reported Westbrook's revised contract will pay him at least $21 million over the next three years, according to a source.

Westbrook, 28, was in the third year of a $25 million, five-year contract he signed in 2005. He was scheduled to earn $3 million this season with a roster bonus of $1.5 million. Instead, the new 52-page contract gives Westbrook a $10 million raise over the next three seasons with $13 million guaranteed over the next two years, the source said.

He was the highest paid running back and he got seven million a year.

Link

Drew has also been a backup the last 4 seasons as well, he hasn't warranted a bigger contract than that.

understood but MJD is supposed to open up a can of "whup-arss" this year - everybody seems to think so - MJD average fantasy draft position is #3.........

RBs just don't make much I guess.......

understood but MJD is supposed to open up a can of "whup-arss" this year - everybody seems to think so - MJD average fantasy draft position is #3.........

RBs just don't make much I guess.......

Same with Marion Barber for the Cowboys last year. I'd be worried about giving a running back that small a big or long contract. He's great, but I don't think he is an every down back.

any Led Zepplin fans out there?

what is the name of the song with the lyrics that go:

"I've been standin' in the rain for hours, watch the people go shuffling down-town" I know it says "feelin' blue" a lot - cannot figure out the name of the song - anbodyknow?

when it comes to getting paid

QBs > WRs > RBs

isn't turner getting like 5 or 6 mil a year or something? his contract was pretty lucrative for a rb.

yeah, I think your right Boss.......just seems weird because RBs can have a huge impact in running and passing games - plus their careers are shorter. this is probably why they get paid less because by the time they get to their 2nd contract they are at the tale end of their prime years.