i hope grimes gets cut

miKevicK777

he really is just too small. he shouldnt be playing cornerback. i jsut dont see any promise for this guy.

Id much rather bring in a FA to compete for the starting job with houston, chevy, and tye

i know TD is watching the cuts closely. Like travis daniels who got released could be an ok pick up.

Nothing against grimes. i udnerstand hes a hard worker and he is "athletic" (i dont even know how thatll help him... he seems like a slow reactor and maybe hes athletic for a 5 foot 6 incher, but unless hes got flubber on his cleats, hes going to be a huge liablity for a big play even by the most inexperienced WRs that are 6'3''. ), but hes got to GO. If hes just a backup maybe thats fine, but having him as a starter will suck for us.

o and hes got bricks for hands

and by bricks for hands i mean i hate him

i mean he cant catch...

he really is just too small. he shouldnt be playing cornerback. i jsut dont see any promise for this guy.

Id much rather bring in a FA to compete for the starting job with houston, chevy, and tye

i know TD is watching the cuts closely. Like travis daniels who got released could be an ok pick up.

Nothing against grimes. i udnerstand hes a hard worker and he is "athletic" (i dont even know how thatll help him... he seems like a slow reactor and maybe hes athletic for a 5 foot 6 incher, but unless hes got flubber on his cleats, hes going to be a huge liablity for a big play even by the most inexperienced WRs that are 6'3''. ), but hes got to GO. If hes just a backup maybe thats fine, but having him as a starter will suck for us.

i mean he cant catch...

i don't want grimes to see the field unless... UNLESS the teams receiver is 5'11 or less...

i mean he cant catch...

Disagree completely on Grimes. I just think with Grimes you have to be careful with matchups. In the New England game, Grimes vs. Wes Welker is a matchup that could be favorable to us. Grimes vs. Deshaun Jackson in the Filly game could be favorable for us. Other teams with smallish, quick receivers in those molds could also provide good matchups for Grimes. I think he has a spot & we just need to make the match ups work for us, not putting him on their 6'5 possession receiver.

Of course you realize that Houston has been playing worse than Grimes.

obviously ive seen how terrible houstons been

but hes bad overall. theres not a part of his game that is terrible compared to another. They cant take advanatage of houston because he doesnt have an overpowering weakness.

but grimes simply cant cover the deep ball. and he celebrates too mcuh the once in a blue moon when he does his job, like he just won the lottery or something.

Are we watching the same games?

Houston has flat out sucked this preseason. If I had to take either Houston or Grimes right now, I would take Grimes. He may be small, but he covers very well. He just cant match up well with tall receivers, and he has hands of stone.

Houston has been beat so many times it is sad. He is NOT a #1 corner, and he has ZERO, I repeat, ZERO ball skills. He does not cover well and it not very physical at knocking WRs off their routes. Nor is Grimes, but at least he sticks with the WR off the line.

Bottom line is that neither one of them is all that good, neither one will get cut, and we all hope to God Tye Hill is the real deal.

Are we watching the same games?

Houston has flat out sucked this preseason. If I had to take either Houston or Grimes right now, I would take Grimes. He may be small, but he covers very well. He just cant match up well with tall receivers, and he has hands of stone.

Houston has been beat so many times it is sad. He is NOT a #1 corner, and he has ZERO, I repeat, ZERO ball skills. He does not cover well and it not very physical at knocking WRs off their routes. Nor is Grimes, but at least he sticks with the WR off the line.

Bottom line is that neither one of them is all that good, neither one will get cut, and we all hope to God Tye Hill is the real deal.

honestly i hated houston his rookie season, but of course had to give him a free pass as a rookie

i still dont like him. i thought last year he improved dramatcially compared to his rookie season when he was getting toyed with

and **** no hes not a number 1 CB, but until we find another CB, i would defintley take houston over grimes for this reason:

i think houston on a good day is way much better than grimes on a good day. And i dont know which will have better days but i like houstons chances.

and i really dont think niether will get cut. but i think grimes getting the axe could potentionally improve the secondary, call me crazy, but i think its a classic case of addition by subtraction

Grimes on a good day will at least come up with a few pass defensed and maybe an INT or two because he is in good position.

Houston MAY, MAY come up with ONE pass defensed.

They both annoy me, and we clearly need upgrades.

if our 2 starters are grimes and houston

im going to inquire about open try outs

Grimes on a good day will at least come up with a few pass defensed and maybe an INT or two because he is in good position.

Houston MAY, MAY come up with ONE pass defensed.

They both annoy me, and we clearly need upgrades.

I agree I think it's funny people picking sides between the two. They've both played poorly. But Hill, Owens and maybe even Chevis are going to be waiting in the wings when the regular season starts, so they both have step it up if they want to have jobs after Miami next weekend. That might when our upgrades come.

honestly i hated houston his rookie season, but of course had to give him a free pass as a rookie

i still dont like him. i thought last year he improved dramatcially compared to his rookie season when he was getting toyed with

and **** no hes not a number 1 CB, but until we find another CB, i would defintley take houston over grimes for this reason:

i think houston on a good day is way much better than grimes on a good day. And i dont know which will have better days but i like houstons chances.

and i really dont think niether will get cut. but i think grimes getting the axe could potentionally improve the secondary, call me crazy, but i think its a classic case of addition by subtraction

Agreed. Houston has atleast had success in the NFL. Grimes has not proven anything yet.

Disagree completely on Grimes. I just think with Grimes you have to be careful with matchups. In the New England game, Grimes vs. Wes Welker is a matchup that could be favorable to us. Grimes vs. Deshaun Jackson in the Filly game could be favorable for us. Other teams with smallish, quick receivers in those molds could also provide good matchups for Grimes. I think he has a spot & we just need to make the match ups work for us, not putting him on their 6'5 possession receiver.

Definitely right

Know what sucks about message boards? Highly opinionated and verbose fans, who know nothing about football.

I hope Tye Hill and Houston step up their game to the point that we don't have such an obvious height mismatch starting for us, BUT, I in no way hope Grimes is cut. Grimes would be a VERY solid nickle or dimeback, and is excellent depth.

if our 2 starters are grimes and houston

im going to inquire about open try outs

Seriously bro. I found my old cleats yesterday.

I'm old but I think I can jam better than both of them and definitely can play better zone. I could at least equal them in picks. I can get my head around and I can catch it if I'm in position.

i mean he cant catch...

Genius....... let get rid of the only cornerback that has gotten his hands on the ball and pick up Travis Daniels....who is "OK".

Wow...... you really nailed this one. Sarcasim... in case you didn't catch it. <_<

Seriously bro. I found my old cleats yesterday.

I'm old but I think I can jam better than both of them and definitely can play better zone. I could at least equal them in picks. I can get my head around and I can catch it if I'm in position.

:lol: As I read this, I can't help but think of the Rich Eisen and BJ Raji 40 yard dash overlay. Then this guy is talking about covering receivers :lol:

Very good post and right on the money. The problem is we don't have ANYONE to cover the 6'5" guys.