Safety play has been just as disappointing as The CBs

hakim24

The CBs have been pretty bad, but we still have yet to see one PBU from either of our safeties.

They too were involved in those long plays..... where was the help?

Coleman is out of position at SS. When he played FS, he was always around the ball on deep passes. I just haven't seen Decoud play with any aggression. I thought he had a lot of range and he could utilize his speed and length, but he hasn't really shown anything yet. I heard he was everywhere in practice, but he is a ghost in the game.

I believe Moore will start as soon as he is able because we just are getting nothing from our Safety group out there. He plays with aggression even when he makes mistakes. He has the natural ability to do something that none of our defenders can really do..... Create turnovers.

We are in desperate need of finding somebody who can help out in that department.

If the secondary doesn't make any improvements in these first 3 weeks, I expect to see William Moore and Tye Hill entered into our secondary.

Just because you cant see the entire field while looking at the Game on TV doesnt mean that the player isnt doing what they have been assigned to do. We dont need to continue to bring eight in the box because our LB couldnt stop the run, maybe that is why eric Coleman has soooo many tackles from the saftey spot because we average over 4 ypc and the safeties had to make tackles. So not seeing Decoud having 8 tackles a game means the we are stopping the run. The safety play has been solid to me and the coaches need to make corrections to ensure that the safeties are where they are supposed to be depending the situation.

Decoud has been disappointing. and i agree, we need to find a way to get Coleman back to FS.

i told you so (not you) . I created a thread about a month ago saying that DeCoud was NOT a good Safety. Everyone was saying that DeCoud would start over a healthy William Moore. But hey, people just found out thatt. DeCoud is not really good.

I seriously doubt William Moore is going to be our SS. Fudge would get the job over him this season.

That's not because of injury or ability, mind you. It's because the SS in our scheme is responsible for getting everyone in position and making calls. That's why Coleman is there now, and it's why he'll stay there until the FO thinks Moore is ready to take over that responsibility.