Oregon suspends Blount for season

Unknøwn

EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon suspended running back LeGarrette Blount on Friday for the remainder of season for punching Boise State defensive end Byron Hout.

As Boise State began celebrating on their famous blue turf, Hout yelled in Blount's face and tapped him on the shoulder pad. Before Broncos head coach Chris Petersen could pull Hout away, Blount landed a right to Hout's jaw, knocking him to his knees.

Blount also had to be restrained by police officers from fans heckling him on the way to the locker room after No. 16 Oregon's 19-8 loss Thursday to the No. 14 Broncos.

Blount's suspension includes any bowl games. Coach Chip Kelly said Blount will remain on scholarship.

Hout will not be suspended for taunting Blount. Boise State spokesman Max Corbet told The Associated Press in an e-mail that Petersen planned to spend time with Hout this week to help him learn from what happened.

Mike Bellotti, who stepped aside as head coach to become Oregon's athletic director this summer, said the Pac-10 was consulted about the punishment and supported Oregon's decision.

Good, he is a disgrace to college football. He will be in prison within two years....what a thug. Sucker punches someone looking the other way while wearing a football helmet and then running backwards away from the trouble...what a pu@@y. Not to mention he had -5 yards on eight carries...I think the Ducks can move forward without this brain dead POS.

I'm not about to join the bandwagon and say all sorts of bad things about a young man that made a mistake. Yes, what he did was unacceptable and he should be suspended, but I happen to understand that these type of things happen. Maybe he has anger management issues and actually needs some real help. I hate reading all these comments around the web, like he's a "thug" and "POS". People sit behind their computer screens and talk sh!t and judge people as though they're above making any bad choices. Blount lost control of himself and made some huge mistakes. I hope he learns from this and gets his career back on track. Also the Boise St. dude set it all off by placing his hands on Blount. That is all.

I'm not about to join the bandwagon and say all sorts of bad things about a young man that made a mistake. Yes, what he did was unacceptable and he should be suspended, but I happen to understand that these type of things happen. Maybe he has anger management issues and actually needs some real help. I hate reading all these comments around the web, like he's a "thug" and "POS". People sit behind their computer screens and talk sh!t and judge people as though they're above making any bad choices. Blount lost control of himself and made some huge mistakes. I hope he learns from this and gets his career back on track. Also the Boise St. dude set it all off by placing his hands on Blount. That is all.

For all we know he told Blount "Good game" or something simlar to that. Hypocrite.

I agree with cappy, i think this is too much. Yes what he did was wrong, but he was being taunted AFTER the game. You also have to remember he was being verbally gone after the entire game (he put himself there however with his comment of course) and that last one was the straw that broke the camel's back. I think the entire year suspension for a punch is too much.

I agree with cappy, i think this is too much. Yes what he did was wrong, but he was being taunted AFTER the game. You also have to remember he was being verbally gone after the entire game (he put himself there however with his comment of course) and that last one was the straw that broke the camel's back. I think the entire year suspension for a punch is too much.

sac..i figured you of all people would agree. He sucker punched a player in a televised game..then tried to fight his teamate who was breaking up the fight... then tried to fight fans!

He did go down quick though, didn't he? :lol:

#94 got hit when he wasn't looking, but he got up right away and wanted whip Blount butt. I've been punched when I was looking the other way and got up immediately, it doesn't hurt much it just stuns you pretty well

sac..i figured you of all people would agree. He sucker punched a player in a televised game..then tried to fight his teamate who was breaking up the fight... then tried to fight fans!

they are suspending him for the year based on a punch of a player who was taunting him after the game. he is a young man who did something dumb in the heat of the moment. Was it right? of course not.. Did he deserve to be suspended for the entire year? I don't agree with that. However since he was suspended before for something else this may have been his last chance and now it's gone. If you think a player should be suspended for the entire year for a punch then why isn't that done with all players who throw punches?

they are suspending him for the year based on a punch of a player who was taunting him after the game. he is a young man who did something dumb in the heat of the moment. Was it right? of course not.. Did he deserve to be suspended for the entire year? I don't agree with that. However since he was suspended before for something else this may have been his last chance and now it's gone. If you think a player should be suspended for the entire year for a punch then why isn't that done with all players who throw punches?

its not the punch..HE TRIED TO ATTACK FANS