Packers shopping S Aaron Rouse.

SWIFT HITTER

The Green Bay Packers have been shopping several players heading into the deadline for mandatory roster cuts Saturday.

Several league personnel sources said that among the players the Packers have been shopping are tackle Tony Moll and safeties Charlie Peprah and Aaron Rouse. All three would be candidates to be released when the Packers have to trim their roster from 75 to 53.

It's not unusual for the Packers to make calls around the league to see if there would be interest in making a trade. Their hope would be that a team low on the waiver priority list would want one of the players they're offering and be willing to trade a draft pick to cut in front of the other teams.

Kid is a perfect for SS and move Coleman to FS

The Green Bay Packers have been shopping several players heading into the deadline for mandatory roster cuts Saturday.

Several league personnel sources said that among the players the Packers have been shopping are tackle Tony Moll and safeties Charlie Peprah and Aaron Rouse. All three would be candidates to be released when the Packers have to trim their roster from 75 to 53.

It's not unusual for the Packers to make calls around the league to see if there would be interest in making a trade. Their hope would be that a team low on the waiver priority list would want one of the players they're offering and be willing to trade a draft pick to cut in front of the other teams.

Kid is a perfect for SS and move Coleman to FS

I am going to pass we need CB help we are ok at Safety especially since we just drafted a Safety in the 2nd.

I find it quite peculiar when people want to give up on DeCoud before he even plays one REGULAR season game. And also want to forget we have William Moore to develop at SS.

I agree, DEcoud hasnt made any big mistakes and is still in his first year as a starter. I do think however that if/when Moore is ready to start this season we will see Coleman and Moore, but Decoud getting this experience is valuable because he could be Coleman's replacement in the Fuuuuuuuture. :D

I find it quite peculiar when people want to give up on DeCoud before he even plays one REGULAR season game. And also want to forget we have William Moore to develop at SS.

In TD and Smitty we trust!!!

When you see a player you know the kid is a baller..Decoud is not going to do anything special at FS..He does not look like has has great fluid hips. He doesnt look like a ball hawk and just look like a player. He also seems scared to throw his helmet in for a tackle

When you see a player you know the kid is a baller..Decoud is not going to do anything special at FS..He does not look like has has great fluid hips. He doesnt look like a ball hawk and just look like a player. He also seems scared to throw his helmet in for a tackle

Swift you dont know, this kid is starting in his 2nd year, stop overreacting man. I beat you even sorry as a GM in Madden <_<:D

There's usually a reason a team shops a player just hours before the final cut. They are going to cut them and hope to get something in return. Unless it's a 7th round pick, just wait and see what happens.

Gonna be Mighty Interesting.

TD said he is going to get busy.

We shall see over the next few days.

Hate this 11th hour stuff

I totally agree. The problem is not specifically with Coleman and DeCoud, it's the corners. But a good SS WILL make the corners better because you can move Coleman back to free safety where he can provide help over the top. There's nothing wrong with DeCoud other than that he's young, and he's not as physical as Moore. And Moore is hurt.

This would be an instant upgrade and at least a band aid for the time being. Hopefully Tye Hill will develop as well which could be a second band aid and get us through the season. But the long term fix is at least a year away.

I totally agree. The problem is not specifically with Coleman and DeCoud, it's the corners. But a good SS WILL make the corners better because you can move Coleman back to free safety where he can provide help over the top. There's nothing wrong with DeCoud other than that he's young, and he's not as physical as Moore. And Moore is hurt.

This would be an instant upgrade and at least a band aid for the time being. Hopefully Tye Hill will develop as well which could be a second band aid and get us through the season. But the long term fix is at least a year away.

It is still not worth a draft pick, but if we pick him up off waivers then fine, but no way should we give up a draft pick.

Dang... the way some of you are going on about Decoud I would think he's played 2 or 3 full season at SS! Do you all realize that the kid is in his 2ND YEAR? Has not started 1 GAME in the regular season! I'm really glad we have TD b/c if not we would not have any players to develop.

Decoud is going to be fine... h3ll I still don't know what you guys are seeing...

Dang... the way some of you are going on about Decoud I would think he's played 2 or 3 full season at SS! Do you all realize that the kid is in his 2ND YEAR? Has not started 1 GAME in the regular season! I'm really glad we have TD b/c if not we would not have any players to develop.

Decoud is going to be fine... h3ll I still don't know what you guys are seeing...

We don't have a super weak schedule like last year. DeCoud needs to be ready to start and excel game 1 or he shouldn't be out on the field..

No one is talking about cutting him but he must sit and learn the position.