ESPN Chat: Pat Yasinskas

theProf

ESPN Chat with Pat Yasinskas Sept. 4

Nathan (ATL)

Pat - name the week 5 starting secondary for the falcons:SSFSCB1CB2CB3

Pat Yasinskas (12:47 PM)

Coleman and DeCoud as safeties. Houston and Grimes open as starting CBs and Hill as the nickel back. But I think Hill starts before long, once he learns the system. You could see Owens work his way into playing time, too.

Dustin (Atlanta, GA)

Who do you believe is going to be the Falcons number 3 Quarterback after last night, What do you believe the fate of the other on will be?

Pat Yasinskas (12:48 PM)

Doesn't look good for Shockley right now. But I could see them only carrying two QBs on regular roster and putting Shockely or JPW on practice squad. Just a thought.

David (ATLANTA)

Pat, Tye Hill says his knee is fully healed. He probably won't start immediately because he needs time, but do you think he can have an impact in that secondary?

Pat Yasinskas (12:53 PM)

Absolutely. Think back to what Foxworth did for them last year. He came in late, too and it took him a bit to get up to speed, but not all that long.

Dale (Atlanta)

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Jags may cut CB Brian Williams. Williams is set to make 4mill this year. do you think the Falcons would be interested? He used to play for Coach Smith. But I don't even know if he is any good. Thoughts?

Pat Yasinskas (12:56 PM)

I think they already made all the moves they're going to make by getting Tye Hill.

Joe (Richmond, VA)

Pat, with the addition of Tye Hill, do you think the Falcons are going to try and make any more moves for players after the cuts tommorow? Or are the content to go with what they have? I think we still need another veteran secondary player mayber bring back Milloy?

Pat Yasinskas (1:05 PM)

You won't see Milloy back. Don't see them making any more major moves.

David (Mill City, PA)

Greetings from the Dalton burbs... What do you see as the most glaring need post-cut the Falcons will be looking at when the final cuts are made?

Pat Yasinskas (1:07 PM)

Ah, Mill City -- Falls and Lake Winola, too. Do I know you? If I were the Falcons I'd look for one experienced, quality o-lineman. Just think they could use some more insurance there.

Christoffer (New Orleans)

It seems like every team in the NFC South has some questions on the defense, how would you rank all four defenses as of right now.

Pat Yasinskas (1:08 PM)

They've all got questions, yes. Right now, I'd go Carolina, New Orleans, Atlanta and Tampa Bay. But that all could change.

Carlton (Laurel)

Biermann looked good last night for Atlanta, Davis got paid in the off-season, Sidbury was drafted in the 3rd round. Jamal Anderson has to be concerned about making the 53 man roster, correct? If the Falcons keep 8 DL, Abraham, Davis, Babs, Jerry, Biermann, Sidbury, Lewis, Johnson, Walker, it could really get close for Jamal.

Pat Yasinskas (1:16 PM)

I think Jamaal makes roster. But his starting job sure is very much in jeopardy.

Jay (Brooklyn)

Chevis Jackosn looked like the best corner to me last night. You don't see him at least still in the nickel spot?

Pat Yasinskas (1:28 PM)

Could happen. I didn't get to see the game. Thought Chevis showed talent last year.

Matt (Atl)

Sidbury, Bierman, and Jerry have looked like pretty good pass rushers. Can they pull some pressure off of Abraham and cover for a weak secondary?

Pat Yasinskas (1:36 PM)

I think so. At least, that seems to be the plan

Greg (Cleveland, OH)

Pat, agree with Sam about the crappy nature of these chats from a technicaly standpoint. This is getting RIDICULOUS. Falcons question: you keep mentioning them picking up experience in the O-line...does this mean that besides Reynolds, Svitek, Ojinaaka, Romberg, and Wilkerson you think they don't like the group?

Pat Yasinskas (1:45 PM)

Just saying, if I were them, I'd want one more solid backup.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/28143

I didn't get to watch the game and I live in Georgia. I'm sure its even harder for Pat to find the game.

Pat works for Espn, I am pretty sure he could have found a way to watch the game especially since he is reporting about the NFC south, or he could have watched it on NFL Network this Morning at 10 am, Pat had options, he just choose the be lazy and go off the top of the dome, which is bad since you are a paid to be a analyst.

prof, I always appreciate you editing the Pat Yaz chats for only Falcons questions - saves me time - thanks! :)

More than welcome. I did edit the initial post to include a link to the complete chat just in case anyone wants to wade through questions and answers about other teams in the NFC South.

Dale (Atlanta)

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Jags may cut CB Brian Williams. Williams is set to make 4mill this year. do you think the Falcons would be interested? He used to play for Coach Smith. But I don't even know if he is any good. Thoughts?

Pat Yasinskas (12:56 PM)

I think they already made all the moves they're going to make by getting Tye Hill.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/28143

:lol::lol::lol:

Well Yasinskas went along with most all of his fellow ESPN analysts and predicted that Atlanta would finish first in the division as follows:

Pat

Yasinskas

ESPN.com

DIVISION FINISH: 1 Yes, the schedule is brutal. But Matt Ryan is for real, and now he has Tony Gonzalez. The defense is going to be better than last year, when it overachieved. Falcons have the best coaching staff in the NFC, maybe in the entire league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09/team?team=atl