People holding signs on street corners

Scorpion

What do you think about people standing in the street holding sings? I think its the dumbest job ever ... I have seen people in weird costumes and even dancing making fool of themselves. I think its stupid and i would never even bother calling or stopping by a place that has a person holding a sign. What is the point of this...? Why not just stick the sign in the ground and get it over with.

Also look at this! these people are spinning signs and acting supid. 80% of the cars cant even see what the sign says because they are spinning it . What is this world coming to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIQgkc8VFr4

It's an honest job. He's being paid to advertise or is personally advertising for his own profit. He's not harming anybody, and he's not doing something immoral or illegal.

I'd rather see people sit on street corners and hold signs than sell drugs, prostitute themselves, or strip to make money. I respect anybody who takes an honest job, no matter how low-paying or "embarrassing" it is, than willingly do nothing or partake in any illegal and/or immoral professions.

Regardless of what you think of it, it is highly effective.

When I lived in Laurel Md. there was a store called Dan's Fans and they used to have a guy stand out at the street corner and dance wearing a sandwich board.

I moved from Md 10 years ago. I can't even remember the name of the local movie theater but I remember Dan's Fans!

Regardless of what you think of it, it is highly effective.

When I lived in Laurel Md. there was a store called Dan's Fans and they used to have a guy stand out at the street corner and dance wearing a sandwich board.

I moved from Md 10 years ago. I can't even remember the name of the local movie theater but I remember Dan's Fans!

Exactly!

Did ya ever visit the store?

There use to be a guy that sat on Ponce de Leon and 42 here in Atlanta that would stand there every day. He always wore a purple spandex thing. You would swear the guy was smuggling a beef tenderloin in his pants. There he stood every day with what looked to be a gorilla arm stuffed down his purple spandex. I never gave him any money, but he was there every single day. I'm sure some fellow Atlantans have seen the guy. I use to see him around 99-2002 I believe. He probably still stands there.

There use to be a guy that sat on Ponce de Leon and 42 here in Atlanta that would stand there every day. He always wore a purple spandex thing. You would swear the guy was smuggling a beef tenderloin in his pants. There he stood every day with what looked to be a gorilla arm stuffed down his purple spandex. I never gave him any money, but he was there every single day. I'm sure some fellow Atlantans have seen the guy. I use to see him around 99-2002 I believe. He probably still stands there.

A google search will find almost anything.

cornerman.jpg

A google search will find almost anything.

cornerman.jpg

I forget his name, but he's always down there on Ponce. I think Creative Loafing had a story on him a couple years back. If I remember correctly, he's mentally challenged. I love when you see someone who's seen him for the first time. It's always the same...a look, then a double take, then pointing it out to everyone else in the car.

Lots of the time they do it to get around laws reguarding sign placement. In lots of key traffic areas the laws prohibit having any type of advertisement put into the ground, so they find a loophole by getting someone to stand outside with the sign.

I'd honestly just rather let the stupid businesses put signs there rather than have to look at people standing on the side of the road miserable because their boss made them hold up a sign.

What do you think about people standing in the street holding sings? I think its the dumbest job ever ... I have seen people in weird costumes and even dancing making fool of themselves. I think its stupid and i would never even bother calling or stopping by a place that has a person holding a sign. What is the point of this...? Why not just stick the sign in the ground and get it over with.

Also look at this! these people are spinning signs and acting supid. 80% of the cars cant even see what the sign says because they are spinning it . What is this world coming to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIQgkc8VFr4

It's an honest job and if employers are willing to pay someone to do that, it is good that people aren't too proud to do it.

I may jok a lot, but I would never hold anyones job against their worth as a person.

Times are tough.

Exactly!

Did ya ever visit the store?

I went to get my taxes done at a place that had a lady dressed as the statue of liberty. She would stand on the roadside and dance and people loved her. Liberty tax service. and they did a great job at a decent price. So ya, that advertising does work. If it didn't no one would do it.