My Thoughts On the Game

Vicious

I haven't had the chance to watch any replay, but from my seat at the dome I watched as Houston continued to look lost out there as well as Owens. Grimes generally was on his guy like glue, but he had some bad plays as well. The pass interference call was pure bs. It happened directly in front of me, and what I saw was Grimes looked bad then got his legs tangled with the receiver's. I not a certified ref, but that was incidental contact if I've ever seen it. Ref 73 got an earful from the folks around me for the rest of the game.

The D-line looks to be in good shape. Bierman looks stronger and stronger each game. Jerry doesn't look bad either. Anderson is.... well the same old Anderson. Not much more I can say about that. The linebackers look to be in good shape, especially Lofton. I'm don't even want to start on the DB's. You can only say "it's preseason" so many times. It may have only been preseason, but to be abused so many times by 3rd string qb's makes you wonder. I'm hoping that the coaches are trying to play head games with the regular season opponents, but I'm thinking that it wasn't a charade.

Offensively, first string was extremely vanilla. Can't blame them for that. JPW wasn't too bad, but he wasn't that great either. After getting nailed on a sack he started getting happy feet. At the slightest sign of pressure he would tuck it and run. He did throw one beautiful pass that Furgeson let bounce right off of his hands in the back of the endzone. According to my dad you can see me on the replay on the front row jump up to signal TD, then quickly sit back down with one of those looks that explain it all on my face, lol.

I'm well know as a Shockley supporter around here, but I can't do it anymore. He used to show promise, but he seems to be going backwards. The man hit Bergeron so hard in the chest on a 10 yard throw that Troy never had a chance to get his hands anywhere near the ball. The ball bounced off of his chest so hard it looked like it had been punted into the air. He was consistently throwing too low, too hard, or too far behind his target. JPW looked 5 times the QB. That should explain how bad he was.

I'll have a better write up once I get a chance to watch the game on tv, but those were my initial observations of the game. Also, the first string cheerleaders look to be in mid season form :D .

I envy you and your good seats....

:lol: They are my dad's, but occasionally the folks behind him sell their tickets, and I get to sit in the second row in the endzone. They rock in the 2nd and fourth quarters when the Falcons are coming in to score. I was over there when HD jumped into the stands after returning that punt against Carolina last year.

DJ reminds me of vick when he was in atlanta with his touch on his passes. every pass fired in as hard as possible. his accuracy most of the time is pretty bad, but he did throw one really really good pass to chandler williams that he dropped. if it were up to me we cut DJ, and make jpw a 3rd string developmental guy. DJ is in his 4th year and there's no reason he should be playing the way he does.

DJ reminds me of vick when he was in atlanta with his touch on his passes. every pass fired in as hard as possible. his accuracy most of the time is pretty bad, but he did throw one really really good pass to chandler williams that he dropped. if it were up to me we cut DJ, and make jpw a 3rd string developmental guy. DJ is in his 4th year and there's no reason he should be playing the way he does.

Yeah, he has been pretty bad pretty often this year. I can't seem to figure out how you go from just having guys dropping your balls to where he is now. It's like he forgot how to play QB. I can't support him for a roster spot anymore. That's bad when you have JPW looking better than you who's been in the pros for 4 years now. SMH