This board is so negative it's ridiculous

michael garvin

Not only are some of the comments completely off the wall (Dmitroff has a ways to go to be a solid GM - from Jedi of course - when he just ******* won executive of the year) So much over analysis it hurts to read.

I have no problem reading peoples opinions during the REGULAR SEASON, but please, many of you need to take a deep breath and log out until the season starts and something meaningful can be debated.

I hear you man. I used to be on here all the time but I just couldn't handle all of the chicken little's. I stop by from time to time but it's still the same old thing. They need to grow a pair, realize this is a game, and put a little more trust in TD and co. It's funny how quickly they forget about 'rebuilding' because we overachieved last year.

I think it's fair to have an honest opinion of our defense...come on guys, these guys are struggling against 2nd and 3rd stringers...I think it's safe to be a little concerned. I think this post is directed towards the armchair GMs on the site, who really don't have a grasp as to how things work in the NFL, but I for one am not pleased with how the secondary has performed and I'm not trying to wait until the regular season to see if things are different...honestly, at this point, it really makes no difference, preseason, regular season...those guys haven't shown signs of any improvement...the point of the preseason is to get in some good reps, point out things that need to be worked on and improve through each contest...ask yourself, who's the best CB duo to start for our secondary??? Don't worry, I'll wait...

So you Tools are saying that we are fine???

Our DB's SUCK and SUCK Bad.

They have shown NOTHING throughout the preseason at all.

If you think that this changes on opening day you are out of your freaking Minds.

The coverage skills and abilities of out DB's are the worst that I have seen in Many Years.

For DECADES the fans of this team have had the rug pulled out from under them on a constant basis.

A non-stop coaching carousel, bust draft picks, promises of things to come that never materialized.

I think the long time fans of this club have reason to be a bit jaded and hesitant since they have pretty much seen it all before.

Now, things are certainly different this time around. An owner, GM, and coach that are seriously committed to winning on a consistent basis are wonderful things to finally have.

We have a team with great potential not to mention an offense that will rival most any with their speed and power.

Yet this defense does look suspect, very suspect, at least for now.

Fans just arent hungry for wins, they are STARVING for back to back winning seasons, a consistent playoff contender, and a team that earns respect around the league.

I'm not talking about the trolls here or the 24/7 doom and gloom crowd, Im talking about the fans who actually give a cRap. Yes we may ***** and moan but I know that I would gladly eat my words 10 times over to be proven wrong about this defense.

Lastly....its a sports team message board on the internet. Keep your expectations low and you wont have such a hard time being here. :)

So you Tools are saying that we are fine???

No one is suggesting that we are fine, at least I'm not. I'm just not going to get all worked up over something I can't control. Some of you act like your paycheck depends on how well our team does. I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned, I just wish people would quit being so dramatic.

SO ANYWAY.. The positive:

Matt Ryan is sexy, nice on-the-run laser to Roddy who made a nice catch and had good sideline foot placement.

Our 3rd/4th string backs are as solid as any in this league.

JPW looked really good overall. Started getting comfortable and should have had a perfectly placed TD. Kid has an arm I didn't know about, is mobile, and accurate.

We have so many legit/promising receivers, even without HD we're bound to have good depth due to all the competition

Our starting OL looks solid, even though we didn't have our normal C in there.

Our entire D-Line looked great, even JA98 IMO. We have plenty of depth there

PJ is developing well, seems like a guy with a great work ethic. He almost got a sack right before that long scramble.

Beerman is know aka Beastman.

Our LBs are gelling and looking great.

Run D is 100x better than last year.

Coleman is a beast and will be a leader for years.

Also, we're waiting on Moore and Hill to come in a give a performance boost to our secondary.

We start off the regular season with a team that doesn't do many deep balls.

Not only are some of the comments completely off the wall (Dmitroff has a ways to go to be a solid GM - from Jedi of course - when he just ******* won executive of the year) So much over analysis it hurts to read.

I have no problem reading peoples opinions during the REGULAR SEASON, but please, many of you need to take a deep breath and log out until the season starts and something meaningful can be debated.

Oh, come on. This board is the closest most of us get to vent and imagine we have some input into what the team does. It is just good clean American fun. I enjoy the passion.

After being on these boards for close to 10 years now, I follow some rules to get by on a daily basis.

#1 - figure out who the clueless morons are who bring nothing to this board but embarrassment, as you apparently have above, and ignore them.

#2 - figure out who the posters are who really understand football and read their posts for true insight on how this team looks.

#3 - figure out who the apologists/huggers are and who the haters are, and realize they have an agenda. They are both obsessed with JA98 now, as they have been in the past with YKW, KB, etc.....

#4 - figure out who is here for comic relief along with some football talk, and enjoy their posts or join in for some stress relief.

#5 - figure out who the trolls are, the obvious ones and also those who pretend to be falcon fans yet throw out nothing but negative (possibly also the poster you mentioned above), and attack their posts with venom or your own posts about food and hijack their thread.