What rookie on your team are you most anxious to watch?

Big Bubba

Welp, looks like the ony one who's going to see significant playtime is Morestead (hopefully he doesn't see TOO much playtime). They say a good punter is a defense's best friend, and as skeptical as I am about our coverage teams on kicks I have to say he's shown pretty consistently that we can count on the opposition having a longer field, generally.

I think our defense will improve in '09, and I think he's a big part of it.

I gotta say Morstead. This kid will be the best punter in the South, by the end of the season. He punts far with GREAT hangtime. He was getting 6 seconds of hangtime per punt Thursday night, and even hit 7 seconds once, which is unheard of. He struggled in Week 1, nervous jitters is my guess. But check out what he's done since:

Game One

Number of Punts: 2

Average: 29.0

Number of Returns: NONE

Avg: NONE

Game Two

Number of Punts: 2

Average: 43.5

Game Three

Number of Punts: 3

Average: 36.1

Number of Returns: 3 for 4yds

Avg: 1.3 yds per return

Game Four

Number of Punts: 7

Average: 47.6

I gotta say Morstead. This kid will be the best punter in the South, by the end of the season.

Two words that will crush your dream:

Michael Koenen.

He single-handedly (or footedly, hardy har) made it to where we had the least yds returned against us last season... uhm... ever, in the history of the nfl.

Two words that will crush your dream:

Michael Koenen.

He single-handedly (or footedly, hardy har) made it to where we had the least yds returned against us last season... uhm... ever, in the history of the nfl.

That's nice and all, but that was last season.

Also, I wouldn't say it was all just him. He kicked for the 2nd to last spot in the NFL, at just 40.7 yards per punt. So he gave the gunners less field to work with. That doesn't make him a great punter, just someone that either:

A.) Has a weak leg.

B.) Follows directions very well.

That's just my opinion though. Also, Morstead has allowed 4 yards returning so far, Koenen has 39.

That's nice and all, but that was last season.

Also, I wouldn't say it was all just him. He kicked for the 2nd to last spot in the NFL, at just 40.7 yards per punt. So he gave the gunners less field to work with. That doesn't make him a great punter, just someone that either:

A.) Has a weak leg.

B.) Follows directions very well.

That's just my opinion though. Also, Morstead has allowed 4 yards returning so far, Koenen has 39.

Nah he just pinned the ball in the 20 A LOT. 40% of the time actually. Higher than any other punter i believe.

Mike Goodson for me. Watching him this preseason has made me want to see more. The kid looks like he can be a special kind of player in the league. A few people are saying he'll be our version of the Saints Reggie Bush. Receiving, Running, Returns.

Well, hopefully he's a version 2.0 huh?

Unless you wanna pay 60 mill to someone who...

a)doesnt play and...

b)isnt any good when he does

I think Goodson might be a good one though in all reality....he wont see as many passes as Reginald though.

I gotta say Morstead. This kid will be the best punter in the South, by the end of the season.

uhh quit huffing gas dude,

Falcons have the best Punter in the NFL much less the South, thats why we tagged him .....

dude also does all kick offs and nails 55+ yd FGs when called upon, not to mention he sticks his nose in making tackles....

no man, you may have a good punter , but as long as MK plays for Birds your guy will only be as good as 2nd best in South, Period....

Falcons have the best Punter in the NFL much less the South, thats why we tagged him .....

dude also does all kick offs and nails 55+ yd FGs when called upon, not to mention he sticks his nose in making tackles....

no man, you may have a good punter , but as long as MK plays for Birds your guy will only be as good as 2nd best in South, Period....

Whatever dude, the fact that you think this guy is the best punter in the NFL tells me all I need to know about you, no need wasting my time with such a...

Like ive said before, ya gotta take a grain of salt with nola's diatribes.

No one thinks about the punter. Until you get stuck with a bad one, that is.

We have a good one B)

BUT I WILL SAY THIS ..... IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE

WE HAD A BAD ONE. THEY OUGHT TO OUTLAW THE

PUNT ANY WAY. WHERE EVER YOU RUN OUT OF

DOWNS ........ that's it baby .....tough ain't it. :lol: