Thomas Dimitroff

atljbo

I agree with what Thomas Dimitroff said during his interview during the game...... Thomas Dimitroff scout Tye Hill so he knows what the guy can do...Like Thomas Dimitroff stated..... Tye Hill has the talent.... Its all about getting his confidence back...... Hopefully this new start will help that.

Sidenote: For some reason I'm still not worried about our Defense...... I honestly think we will be OK on Defense..... The preseason is where i want the screw ups to happen..... I'm not worried at all tho....

I hope so jbo...:mellow:

I don't know about you, but those were too many screw ups for my taste. True enough, this is the preseason, but I'm looking at decision-making and play recognition. Those are abilities you can't teach and the youth in our secondary reared its ugly head...hopefully the coaches can knock those wrinkles out come Week 1. Our DL is looking good though...I think our LBs will fall into place as well.

He also said as a CB, if you can't get your hands on the ball then you will not last long in this league. Houston's job really is in jeopardy guys. It was his play that prompted this trade and he rarely gets his hands on the ball. Not int's but touches.

I agree...Houston is in trouble IMHO. Grimes is safe if you go by TD's logic. He gets beat on high throws to tall recievers, but he does get his hands on some passes. I think before the season is over we will see Hill on one side, Jackson on the other and Grimes in the nickle.

i'm not really worried about it either. the run defense has gotten much better and while i don't think we'll be fielding the eagles secondary, i think our secondary will improve with time. there may be up to 6 new starters out there with mike peterson being the only guy who's ever started a full season. there will be some growing pains, they'll make some mistakes, but i think they'll get better as the season goes on just like they did last year. if houston and grimes keep f'ing up our staff will go out and get guys to replace them. they did it last year, they've started doing it again this year. we'll be alright.

He also said as a CB, if you can't get your hands on the ball then you will not last long in this league. Houston's job really is in jeopardy guys. It was his play that prompted this trade and he rarely gets his hands on the ball. Not int's but touches.

Was it TD that said that? I was thinking it was one of the commentators after TD left, might be wrong.

I agree with what Thomas Dimitroff said during his interview during the game...... Thomas Dimitroff scout Tye Hill so he knows what the guy can do...Like Thomas Dimitroff stated..... Tye Hill has the talent.... Its all about getting his confidence back...... Hopefully this new start will help that.

Sidenote: For some reason I'm still not worried about our Defense...... I honestly think we will be OK on Defense..... The preseason is where i want the screw ups to happen..... I'm not worried at all tho....

This is what I keep saying about Michael Huff. I think we should try to get him.

I cant lie... I agree...... All of our CB's has to step up (including Chris Houston) ....

I hope so jbo...:mellow:

I don't know about you, but those were too many screw ups for my taste. True enough, this is the preseason, but I'm looking at decision-making and play recognition. Those are abilities you can't teach and the youth in our secondary reared its ugly head...hopefully the coaches can knock those wrinkles out come Week 1. Our DL is looking good though...I think our LBs will fall into place as well.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie got burnt for like 3 or 4 big plays against Greenbay...I mean dude has been getting burnt this preseason.... My point is that mistakes are ok during the preseason...... Of course you don't want to see them but with a new Defense that's where you want to work on the kinks and mistakes (during the preseason) ..... They have their mistakes on film so they can work on them....... If this happens during the season then i could understand worrying...

everyone talks about houston & grimes.....what about VG'S lame playcalls?

former have skill sets which are limited to their natural abilities..........one CANNOT put onus on them.

They are operating if not 100% ......very close to their max. capacity.

What are your thoughts?

Thomas D. did say that. The mistakes were profound by Houston and Grimes. Middleton and Jackson did well enough. Owens will get better. He's not afraid to take risks it seems.

Houston or Grimes is gone.

I think Houston is gone. I think Chevis will start with Grimes untill Hill is ready and then it will be Chevis and Hill. The statement TD made was

directed towards Houston. I agree with DriveHomeSafely, TD has lost faith in Houston.

I think Houston is gone. I think Chevis will start with Grimes untill Hill is ready and then it will be Chevis and Hill. The statement TD made was

directed towards Houston. I agree with DriveHomeSafely, TD has lost faith in Houston.

If TD has lost faith in a player and cut him just over preseason.... THATS NUTS........ I can understand benching but not cut a guy... Thats crazy

If TD has lost faith in a player and cut him just over preseason.... THATS NUTS........ I can understand benching but not cut a guy... Thats crazy

Cut or trade jbo. Either way Houston has got to go. He is not the answer and pre-season is the time to find that out instead of the regular

season. They cut Jennings when he wasn't getting it done but we were lucky we already had HD on the team to step in.

I am wondering if that was a shot towards Chris Houston.

It was brought up about Chris Houston but TD never specified Houston. He wouldn't directly call his player out like that regardless but it was asked about Houston by Randy Walters. Still, TD did not say him specifically even though he did say they picked up Tye after what they saw last week. It was Houston who struggled the most.

When do you lose faith? After a few losses? No he's a Scout first and a GM next. There are certain things in a CB that cannot be coached and at least two players are missing those qualities.

Houston has everything that some CB's would love to have and make use of. He doesn't use it. Why? His hand eye reaction time is bad,

Grimes is a scrappy, fluid, athletic and fun guy to watch. Its great to root for the underdog, but not when it could cost you big plays and games. Grimes is missing something as well. Its not much different from Houston.

Pre-season or not - we have serious problems on defense defending the pass. Specifically our Secondary, and that includes the Safeties. Our CBs are bad, but our Safeties arent helping much either.

\

Very true. We need Moore to get ready in a hurry so Coleman can move back over to FS. Either that or seriously consider bringing Lawyer back for one more year. He already knows the system and should be able to step right in.

everyone talks about houston & grimes.....what about VG'S lame playcalls?

former have skill sets which are limited to their natural abilities..........one CANNOT put onus on them.

They are operating if not 100% ......very close to their max. capacity.

What are your thoughts?

You mean the vanilla play calls he has been calling in the PRESEASON? I think that in the preseason you put your players on all kinds of different positions to see what they are capable of handling and what they can't. You can never look at play calling in the preseason. It will be totally different from what is called in the regular season. It happens but is very rare for nay team to show it's hand in the preseason. You also see the players put in many different situations to see how they respond. Don't put too much in the play calling. After what we saw from the secondary, for all we know we might have to go back to the bend but don't break philosophy for another year which isn't BVG's fault either. You can only play a style according to the talent or lack there of what you got.

When do you lose faith? After a few losses? No he's a Scout first and a GM next. There are certain things in a CB that cannot be coached and at least two players are missing those qualities.

Houston has everything that some CB's would love to have and make use of. He doesn't use it. Why? His hand eye reaction time is bad,

Grimes is a scrappy, fluid, athletic and fun guy to watch. Its great to root for the underdog, but not when it could cost you big plays and games. Grimes is missing something as well. Its not much different from Houston.

Grimes and Houston are WORLDS apart my friend...If Grimes was 2 or 3 inches taller he'd be the closest thing we've got to a shutdown corner