Some of you just crack me up!

Section 111 fan

I am going to throw out some preseason records to help put this i9n perspective for some. Preseason means nothing.

49ers: 3-0 (play tomorrow)

Seattle3-0 ( beating Oakland)

St Louis 3-1 (lost to us)

AZ 0-3 (loosing big right now)

Lions 3-1 (4-0 last season then went 0-16)

Just wanted to show you guys that the preseason is to work on things and iron things out. Even for the starters. I am nervous about our secondary but I know we have no real idea what kind of defense we will be playing come week 1. Not sure what will happen but let's wait until we start playing for real before we start freaking out. This is ridiculous. I believe Pitt was 0-4 last preseason then won the SB.

I am going to throw out some preseason records to help put this i9n perspective for some. Preseason means nothing.

Just wanted to show you guys that the preseason is to work on things and iron things out. Even for the starters. I am nervous about our secondary but I know we have no real idea what kind of defense we will be playing come week 1. Not sure what will happen but let's wait until we start playing for real before we start freaking out. This is ridiculous. I believe Pitt was 0-4 last preseason then won the SB.

Not to mention, the rabid crowd on hand opening day. I like our chances.

We could be defending Super Bowl champions and the following year lose the first preseason game and some of you would react like the world was falling apart.

Stop trying to make assumptions about this team UNTIL the season starts. For God's sake do we have to go over this every year. IT"S PRESEASON!

There are those who are going to have a meltdown no matter what the team does. May as well accept it and go from there.

heyy mann! always good to read your posts....great way at looking glass as half full......

anway, what do you think about VG & his playcalls? will you rate similar skill sets of last years Pitt D crew to our young secondary of 09?

just asking you to weigh in 'realistic' projections...........but, no doubt initial games of regular season will be strong indicators.

no offense on your examples, but they go both ways The record doesn't count per se, it's how the players performed and showed promise or negative. Pitt went 3-1 last year I think. The game tonight is another example of the pre-season "record" not being indicative.

Ravens 4-0 in pre-season.

heyy mann! always good to read your posts....great way at looking glass as half full......

anway, what do you think about VG & his playcalls? will you rate similar skill sets of last years Pitt D crew to our young secondary of 09?

just asking you to weigh in 'realistic' projections...........but, no doubt initial games of regular season will be strong indicators.

I answered you in another thread but I'll answer here too. Play calling don't bother me because if has little to do with what will be called in the regular season. What does worry me is the secondary. I have a feeling we will have to play like last year. The bend but don't break. I hate that style and I think BVG and Smitty do too but you have to play a style that your talent or experience level will allow you to. I think this defense is at least one more year away from being a decent defense. I don't think BVG can be properly judged until he gets talent and then time to develop that talent. He actually did a heck of a job last year with how slow our defense was.

no offense on your examples, but they go both ways The record doesn't count per se, it's how the players performed and showed promise or negative. Pitt went 3-1 last year I think. The game tonight is another example of the pre-season "record" not being indicative.

Ravens 4-0 in pre-season.

Yes it does but I think it shows that it really means nothing. I can't tell you how many years the Falcons looked extremely good in the preseason and even against other teams starters but then come out and go 5-11 or something similar. Starters on starters in the preseason don't always shed light on what you can do either. I am worried about our secondary but our front 7 got better each and every week. Especially Peria. Hopefully Tye can stay healthy and man one of those corner spots and hopefully Moore can de3velop fast and take over at SS soon and allow Coleman to move back to FS where he is at his best.

Its not the record that matters so much but the weaknesses and vulnerabilities that are highlighted by playing the game that have some people concern. To be honest generally our Pass rush and pass coverage by 1st string D has not been impressive.

That being said, we had to replace alot of older players on D. I like the enthusiasm the younger players (rookies - 2nd year players) are bringing.