If the NFL has NO salary cap...

thempizzle

Think about it...

If there is no salary cap in the NFL, it quickly becomes a money game.

It seems to me that Arthur Blank is very giving with his money and has no problem showing his faith in a player by handing out a ton of money.

This may not necessarily always be a bad thing, look at the Yankees in baseball, they are a dominating force because they pay alot of money, as are the Red Sox, Phillies, etc. All the great teams are big spenders.

This is going to change the NFL entirely, but I am wondering exactly how everyone thinks its going to impact the Falcons over the next however many years. Things will be much different.

Arthur gave Vick as HUGE contract. He gave Ryan a HUGE contract and he gave Roddy a pretty decent contract. He hasnt been here that long. If TD wasn't managing a salary cap right now, I think Arthur would let TD spend it where needed for the benefit of the team.

I don't think he's shy with his money, especially now that we have a young QB with so much potential and a team to work with.

It's pretty interesting to think about.

IF there is no salary cap next year there are all sorts of rules that kick in. I've read part of the collect barganing agreement, but dont understand all of it. A few reporters have had good stories on what ifs for next year (peter king had a good one several months back). Teams will still be limited by who they can aquire, or more specficially how many "top" players they can get. It's based on the previous years records and a few other things, but from what I can remember most teams will only be able to go out and get a couple of top end players. Where it will really kill teams is that there will not be a minimum that teams have to spend. Right now teams have to spend like 75 million minimum on players. THere are a few teams that will cut payroll down to nothing and basically field a college team. There will not be a max, but there will be a limit on who teams can get. I can't remember the specifics, but it will not be a free for all. That's why owners are not that concerned.