Congrats to John Parker Wilson

Jedi-Falcon

He hasn't impressed me yet.. not at all. He MAY have the potential to be better than Shockley, but he isn't there yet. And last night's game only impressed me enough to show he could actually make some plays, which I was worried he couldn't do. As I stated, i'm he sure he has potential, but, he's not "all that", not yet.

I would be suprised to find JPW signed to the PS

So would I. He'd never clear waivers.

To be signed to the PS, you first have to cut the player. Some team without the amount of talent at the QB position we have will pick him up before we'd have a chance.

The only way we could have kept him on the PS was to not play him at all and sneak him through waivers. It's too late for that.

So would I. He'd never clear waivers.

To be signed to the PS, you first have to cut the player. Some team without the amount of talent at the QB position we have will pick him up before we'd have a chance.

The only way we could have kept him on the PS was to not play him at all and sneak him through waivers. It's too late for that.

Sorry it was a typo, dang you caught that quick, usually you are slow :P :lol: I said I wouldnt be suprised to find him on the PS, he aint that good for a team to pick him ok, he did better than Shockey but he didnt do all that well.

He secured his roster spot tonight. He had an excellent game.

Wilson was floating a lot of passes that got his recievers hit pretty hard, against sarting DBs he would have been picked off 3 times. I watched JPW his whole career at Bama and Hoover HS. He can manage the game most of the time but don't look for him to make plays. In a couple of years maybe. I would rather go with DJ if the situation called for it. On that long pass JPW waited to long to make the throw not only giving the Db time to get ionto posion but also caused the WR to run out of room in the endzone. It was also at the limits of his arm strength, defenses would play much closer to the line on him than they do with Chad Pennington it would shut the run game down.

Sorry it was a typo, dang you caught that quick, usually you are slow :P :lol: I said I wouldnt be suprised to find him on the PS, he aint that good for a team to pick him ok, he did better than Shockey but he didnt do all that well.

He's shown plenty enough to be considered a 3rd string developmental player. Remember, we have loads of talent at the QB position. Not every team is as lucky as we are. Some team would certainly grab him.

And yeah, I have my moments of quickness. :lol:

^this.

If you sign a guy off someone else's practice squad, he has to be added to a 53-man roster, right? I can't see any team signing an undrafted rookie QB to their 53-man roster based on a mediocre preseason.

He's shown plenty enough to be considered a 3rd string developmental player. Remember, we have loads of talent at the QB position. Not every team is as lucky as we are. Some team would certainly grab him.

And yeah, I have my moments of quickness. :lol:

I have seen a lot of preseason games so far and JPW is not the cream of the crop when it comes to developmental QB, honestly i would rather have Chase Daniel he has looked pretty good this Preseason.