Trade for a SOLID CB

falcons4life

We need CB help and we need it NOW.

Maybe Hill will pan out like Foxworth....maybe not.

We need a proven player tomorrow.

Trade a 3rd and get someone who can actually play the position.

We are young enough across the board, we can afford to trade a pick for a proven player, even if its more than a 3rd.

This team has an offense with limitless potential but it will all be for naught unless the secondary can do their job. With our current stable of DB's that will not happen.

Pennington

Delholmme

Brady

Grimes and Houston against those guys the first 3 weeks.....it doesnt get much uglier.

We are young enough across the board, we can afford to trade a pick for a proven player, even if its more than a 3rd.

This team has an offense with limitless potential but it will all be for naught unless the secondary can do their job. With our current stable of DB's that will not happen.

Pennington

Delholmme

Brady

Grimes and Houston against those guys the first 3 weeks.....it doesnt get much uglier.

>Delholmme

Least they'll get some picks to get the confidence going.

Pennington

Delholmme

Brady

When did these guys start playing WR?

i think we already traded a 2nd for tony

not leaving us many picks

So to trade for a CB with our 3rd round pick... well there would need to be a "solid" cb thats on the block and a team is willing to trade for probably a late 3rd round pick

I dont think we're quite at the point where we should be trading picks for players to try to make teh perfect team yet. Our defense as a whole needs work, not just the corners

So to trade for a CB with our 3rd round pick... well there would need to be a "solid" cb thats on the block and a team is willing to trade for probably a late 3rd round pick

I dont think we're quite at the point where we should be trading picks for players to try to make teh perfect team yet. Our defense as a whole needs work, not just the corners

Was the Tony G pick for an upcoming 2nd in 2010 or was it one of ours from last year? I thought we gave that pick this past draft, but Im not 100%.

CB is our "Weakest link" right now and teams will be gunning those guys down all year unless something dramatically changes.

EDIT: You are right, Tony G was for a 2nd in 2010.

Our defense as a whole needs work, not just the corners

I beg to differ...I think the DL will begin to gel by mid-season, but our CB play will remain horrendous. I think we trade for a solid corner or just deal with it for another year...we're still in the "process". Honestly, I hope those guys prove me wrong...it just sucks to see them running around the field like chickens...losing their man in coverage, missing tackles...it's frustrating to watch...reminds me of the ol' Falcons.

Was the Tony G pick for an upcoming 2nd in 2010 or was it one of ours from last year? I thought we gave that pick this past draft, but Im not 100%.

CB is our "Weakest link" right now and teams will be gunning those guys down all year unless something dramatically changes.

EDIT: You are right, Tony G was for a 2nd in 2010.

It's a 2nd rounder from this upcoming draft.

I beg to differ...I think the DL will begin to gel by mid-season, but our CB play will remain horrendous. I think we trade for a solid corner or just deal with it for another year...it is still a "process". Honestly, I hope those guys prove me wrong...it just sucks to see them running around the field like chickens...losing their man in coverage, missing tackles...it's frustrating to watch...reminds me of the ol' Falcons.

Those are exactly my thoughts....I don't even know where to start really. I can see your point falcons4life, other than Ginn, Miami really dosn't have any receivers to speak of or worry about...but when Pennington gets on a role, look out...last year is proof of that. The next 2 is what really worry me, although Delhomme is very inconsistent...if him and Smith get hooked up early, we'll have to score 30 or 40 points to win that one. And as far as the Pats game goes....that may be a learning game.

can we please see how our first trade goes

you guys are seriously ridiculous

Well, if you are happy and confident with our current crop of CB's then I can see why you would make such a statement.

Many others see a glaring hole in the secondary and if we see it, so do opposing Defensive Coordinators, QB's and receivers.

Well, if you are happy and confident with our current crop of CB's then I can see why you would make such a statement.

Many others see a glaring hole in the secondary and if we see it, so do opposing Defensive Coordinators, QB's and receivers.

I would like to see how we play during the regular season

its just the preseason with pretty vanilla defense

and giving away all our draft picks is dumb and even if we were willing to give them up how many teams would give up a shut down corner?

I would like to see how we play during the regular season

its just the preseason with pretty vanilla defense

and giving away all our draft picks is dumb and even if we were willing to give them up how many teams would give up a shut down corner?

That vanilla defense was facing vanilla offenses as well. Yet BASIC coverage skills were pretty lacking.

I never said a "shut down" corner, just someone CAPABLE which at this point we dont seem to have.

Yes its preseason. Yes this team is young and I think most who are concerned about the CB's realize that they will gel and come together as the season progresses.

The question is, just how long will that take and how many games is the team willing to sacrifice until that happens?

This team is young, very young all over the place. Now I had forgotten about giving our 2nd next year for Tony G, but with so much youth on this team I think we can afford to skip acquiring yet another young player next season via the draft and try to grab a competent seasoned player now.

A strong corner now to keep the bleeding to a minimum while the young guys get better. I dont think that is such a crazy idea.

That vanilla defense was facing vanilla offenses as well. Yet BASIC coverage skills were pretty lacking.

I never said a "shut down" corner, just someone CAPABLE which at this point we dont seem to have.

Yes its preseason. Yes this team is young and I think most who are concerned about the CB's realize that they will gel and come together as the season progresses.

The question is, just how long will that take and how many games is the team willing to sacrifice until that happens?

This team is young, very young all over the place. Now I had forgotten about giving our 2nd next year for Tony G, but with so much youth on this team I think we can afford to skip acquiring yet another young player next season via the draft and try to grab a competent seasoned player now.

A strong corner now to keep the bleeding to a minimum while the young guys get better. I dont think that is such a crazy idea.

building through the draft is how it should be done and the tye hill move is exactly what you were asking for

THE MOVE HAS ALREADY BEEN MADE HIS NAME IS TYE HILL GIVE HIM A CHANCE

plus i wouldn't be surprised to see William Moore in the line up before the end of the season

Hill has not played yet. Kind of like complaining about a new racecar before it ever hits the track.

building through the draft is how it should be done and the tye hill move is exactly what you were asking for

THE MOVE HAS ALREADY BEEN MADE HIS NAME IS TYE HILL GIVE HIM A CHANCE

plus i wouldn't be surprised to see William Moore in the line up before the end of the season

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on this one. No Biggie.

I would love to see how Hill does but I read that he wont be ready for a couple of weeks at least.

His history of injury also is reason for concern.

If we brought someone else in now and Hill turns out to be a stud, we still benefit and end up with possibly two new starting corners.

Bottom line is that the current crop of CB's have myself and MANY fans concerned for the health of the secondary despite it only being preseason. I hope you are right, I really do. Nothing makes me happier than to see this team do well....even if it means I have to eat my words.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on this one. No Biggie.

I would love to see how Hill does but I read that he wont be ready for a couple of weeks at least.

His history of injury also is reason for concern.

If we brought someone else in now and Hill turns out to be a stud, we still benefit and end up with possibly two new starting corners.

Bottom line is that the current crop of CB's have myself and MANY fans concerned for the health of the secondary despite it only being preseason. I hope you are right, I really do. Nothing makes me happier than to see this team do well....even if it means I have to eat my words.

if you bring in another CB he isn't going to be ready for a few weeks either why waste draft picks one more elite corner isn't going to fix our defense. Its not just a secondary issue its a front 7 problem also. Wait till at least some regular season games before you start playing back yard GM

<_< why is the vick jersey on top of the ryan jersey?