JPW is the #3 DJ's QB rating was 2.8 tonight

JPWfan

If you truly keep the best 53 players, you gotta keep JPW and drop Shockley. But since JPW can slide onto practice squad, it may buy them some time to keep Shockley around and give him another chance.

Not gonna happen. You just don't give up a PS slot to a fourth quarterback. Shockley was done the minute Redman locked down the #2 spot, which by the way, was long before the San Diego game.

Did any of you see all the drops tonight? Shock threw the ball 6 times he completed 2. 3 were dropped and 1 was a pick so really he was perfect tonight if we dont drop those 3 passes.

Don't spend much time in the batting cages do you? If you go to the more fancier places they have a machine that will throw footballs as well. Get in the cage, set the dial for 90-100mph( that's probably the velocity of a Shockley fastball)stand about 5 yards away and try to catch some of those bullets. I bet most will bounce or ricochet of your hands or body.

Now I didn't see tonight's game but in the Rams game, Finneran ran a slant pattern, stopped 5 yards behind LOS, and had a Shockley rocket hit him in the left hand and bounce off landing behind the D-lineman's feet some 10 feet away. That is simply ridiculous to have to throw a ball that hard at that range. The only time a QB should heave like that is when the receiver is some 30-50 yards out so the receiver has a chance to make a play on the ball. I saw enough of this nonsense when Vick was here.

To me Shock's problem is simple. He doesn't know anything about putting touch on his passes, and he sure as heck can't read a defense. Maybe he is feeling the pressure somewhat, hearing JPW footsteps behind him, forcing him to make stupid throws.

Which might make the solution to the problem obvious. Maybe he doesn't belong on this roster or any at all. If he is making these mistakes in the preseason games, he'll definitely make them in the games that do count.

I think it's a toss up between the 2 for our staff, and that's why I would be surprised if we kept DJ ... he didn't really beat out a UDFA after spending 4 preseasons in the NFL ... it's time to say goodbye and see if the next guy can step up and become a #2 in the near future.

Don't spend much time in the batting cages do you? If you go to the more fancier places they have a machine that will throw footballs as well. Get in the cage, set the dial for 90-100mph( that's probably the velocity of a Shockley fastball)stand about 5 yards away and try to catch some of those bullets. I bet most will bounce or ricochet of your hands or body.

Now I didn't see tonight's game but in the Rams game, Finneran ran a slant pattern, stopped 5 yards behind LOS, and had a Shockley rocket hit him in the left hand and bounce off landing behind the D-lineman's feet some 10 feet away. That is simply ridiculous to have to throw a ball that hard at that range. The only time a QB should heave like that is when the receiver is some 30-50 yards out so the receiver has a chance to make a play on the ball. I saw enough of this nonsense when Vick was here.

To me Shock's problem is simple. He doesn't know anything about putting touch on his passes, and he sure as heck can't read a defense. Maybe he is feeling the pressure somewhat, hearing JPW footsteps behind him, forcing him to make stupid throws.

Which might make the solution to the problem obvious. Maybe he doesn't belong on this roster or any at all. If he is making these mistakes in the preseason games, he'll definitely make them in the games that do count.

He threw one at Bergeron that looked like someone had punted the ball the way it ricocheted off of his chest. It looked like Shock had fired a cannon with a rubber bullet at his chest, and he was only 5-10 yards away. I can't stick up for him anymore after that pitiful showing this preseason.

Perfect Assessment !

I think DJ is a great person, but he should be better by now. Throwing so hard when a player is close makes no sense. Use the cannon when you have to. He has potential, but he's declined. Tough as a DJ fan to say but, JPW should be given a chance.

Did any of you see all the drops tonight? Shock threw the ball 6 times he completed 2. 3 were dropped and 1 was a pick so really he was perfect tonight if we dont drop those 3 passes.

You have to be fair about this, if our mentioning Shockley's drops as a defense for him, you also gotta point out that JPW hit Robert Ferguson right in the hands in the endzone and it was dropped. If no one drops a ball all night, JPW still had a far better performance than Shockley.

All of that said I dont want either on the active roster. With all the D-Lineman we wanna keep, I think we should go with Ryan and Redman and try and sneak JPW onto the practice squad!

JPW looks so much better in the pocket and more of a team leader.

JPW looked like complete and total **** last night, and then in a way I never thought was possible Shockley looked worse.

Neither one of those guys should be on our roster. It would be a total waste of a roster spot.

This is Shock's 4th year, if he's not ready to be # 2 it's time for him to move on. JPW was undrafted for a reason. If we're going to carry a 3rd QB this year let's go find one that has been cut else where that actually has some upside.