Grimes is not 5'10

Clark Kent™

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. Some guy on a message board knows exactly how tall Brent Grimes is. Jesus, why have I paid attention the the websites that report this stuff when I can just ask Joe Shmoe since he has all the answers. There is a mass conspiracy on the internet by all of these sports sites to trick us that Brent Grimes is 5'10".

You're right. Some guy on a message board knows exactly how tall Brent Grimes is. Jesus, why have I paid attention the the websites that report this stuff when I can just ask Joe Shmoe since he has all the answers. There is a mass conspiracy on the internet by all of these sports sites to trick us that Brent Grimes is 5'10".

Hey better late than never. Now you understand how this stuff works. Internet is serious business :D

;) Everything I've seen online has him listed at 5'10", EXCEPT Wikipedia which any of us can edit... I might go change to list him at 6'4"

Yeah, well i dont have to have a website to tell me his height. I can look at the dude and tell he is a couple inches shorter than pretty much all of our CB's. I don't let websites determine my opinion. They might influence it, but they don't make it for me. JMO though.

Yeah, well i dont have to have a website to tell me his height. I can look at the dude and tell he is a couple inches shorter than pretty much all of our QB's. I don't let websites determine my opinion. They might influence it, but they don't make it for me. JMO though.

Our QB's are like 6'5"

No need for that kind of explicative, it's highly offensive and serves no purpose.

However, if you're one who believes that Brent Grimes is ACTUALLY 5'10, you may need to step away from whatever drug you are on. Grimes is truly about 5-8, max of 5-9. He's a short guy, if he was 5-10, like many great CBs, or playmakers, he'd be top flight, those 2 inches truly are a huge difference, a 6'4 guy with a 35inch vert, vs a 5'10 guy with a 40" vert, that height difference on jump balls is nearly nullified, however, with Grimes his 40 inch vert still leaves him significantly shorter, and his short wingspan really hurts in that area too, where the 5'10 CB could potentially interrupt the pass with just a very tip of the fingers on a well thrown ball, that 2 inch difference truly does leave him wanting. This is assuming he's ACTUALLY 5-8, where. Also, some real short guys play big, Alphonso Smith for instance, that's just not the case for Grimes, he plays hip pocket coverage, not physical enough to use leverage to his advantage in the bump scheme, so when he's beat even by just mere inches, it leaves the door open, where a taller CB's wingspan will allow him to be 2 inches later...which on the football field is sometimes the difference in a touchdown and an INT.

What did I say that was highly offensive?

Show me a picture of him standing next to another player, of course is Brent Grimes' height is wrong, whichever player you compare him to, his information might be wrong.