Former Falcons Coach Canned

Dedsquirl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TAMPA, Fla. -- In a stunning move 10 days before the start of the regular season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have dismissed offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski.

The team announced the move in a statement Thursday morning and also said quarterbacks coach Greg Olson will take over as coordinator. There was no reason given for Jagodzinski's firing, but coach Raheem Morris is scheduled to discuss the situation later in the day.

Jagodzinski was hired by Morris in January after a rocky ending to his time as head coach at Boston College. Jagodzinski was fired by the Eagles after interviewing for the head coach vacancy with the New York Jets against the wishes of the college's administration.

Olson came to the Bucs as quarterbacks coach last year under former coach Jon Gruden. He previously has been offensive coordinator for Detroit and St. Louis.

Pat Yasinskas covers the NFC South for ESPN.com.

Where's Bucman? Let's hear the positive spin he'll give on this. :rolleyes:

TAMPA, Fla. -- In a stunning move 10 days before the start of the regular season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have dismissed offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski.

The team announced the move in a statement Thursday morning and also said quarterbacks coach Greg Olson will take over as coordinator. There was no reason given for Jagodzinski's firing, but coach Raheem Morris is scheduled to discuss the situation later in the day.

Jagodzinski was hired by Morris in January after a rocky ending to his time as head coach at Boston College. Jagodzinski was fired by the Eagles after interviewing for the head coach vacancy with the New York Jets against the wishes of the college's administration.

Olson came to the Bucs as quarterbacks coach last year under former coach Jon Gruden. He previously has been offensive coordinator for Detroit and St. Louis.

Pat Yasinskas covers the NFC South for ESPN.com.

Where's Bucman? Let's hear the positive spin he'll give on this. :rolleyes:

Detroit? St. Louis?

Things are really looking up for the Bucs.

I don't think the bucs will be 2-14 bad.. I see them being anywhere from 6-10 - 9-7. Despite losing JJ the defense has been pretty impressive. Leftwich is in the negative but if they can run the ball they can have a little success.

I agree, the defense has played better than i expected them to play soo far, but the Run game has been pretty disappointing, I think they end up with our 2007 record.

I guess your that Jack azz who is calling our coach "radio" on TBBB?

Your a putz... do the world a favor aye?

Actually, I stole that straight from your boards.

No need for name calling.

Just dry your eyes, keep a stiff upper lip, and maybe Radio will do you a favor and Petrino out of town before the end of the season.