What Are You Looking For Tonight?

We know Bedwetter has his usual list of 5 things he's looking for in the game but what are YOU looking for? List your 5 things to look out for tonight....I'll start.

1. This is no secret and I actually agree with Bedwetter. I'll be watching our DB (particularly CBs, also key in on Decoud. The only solid player is Coleman) play. We need to figure out who will make what position. Let's hope last week's game spooked some of these guys and they bring it tonight. I'm also excited to see Jackson get some action on the outside to see what he has. I'll be watching the progress Owens shows and of course if Grimes and Houston improve or regress from last week

2. Pass Rush. We need to figure out WTF is going on with Anderson and also make sure that if we're not satisfied with him, that we are truly satisfied with Davis. I think Davis can have a monster season if he were to take over the starting role. That would give him some serious motivation. I also will be watching the BEERMAN and Sidbury. I think Sidbury provides some much needed disruption. Lastly the DT's will be watched closely too. Peria isn't the dominant force we saw in college, but that was to be expected and anyone thinking he was going to come in and dictate how opposing O-Lines play him were smoking too much bud and should have passed the blunt this way :lol:. Remember, it's puff puff pass, not PUFFFFFFFFFFF PUFFFFFFFFFFFF, PUFFFFFFFFFF, PUFFFFFFFFFFFFF. He still needs to get use to the power of NFL players and with more experience he'll get better. I also want to see how Trey Lewis does, he's shown some flashes.

3. Returner. We lost a valuable asset in the punt return game when Douglas was injured. Going into the 4th and final pre-season game we don't have a clear cut winner yet. I think Weems is in the best position but for some reason I don't quite trust him. Also, after that dismal showing at CB position last week Grimes needs to show that he can return punts.

4. 1st Team offense. I will not settle for a punt. Obviously, I don't have much choice over this and Baltimore has a great defense but we need to score. We will be playing some serious offensive teams this year and we need to keep up with them in terms of scoring. Ryan might only play 1 series so it's important that we end the pre-season on a high note by getting it up the field against a solid defense. I also NEED to see Turner able to pound and grind it out against a solid defense. The knock on him has been that he can't run against solid run defenses. We need to put that mess to rest and see him get some good gains on the ground.

5. 4th and 5th WRs. My current list is......White, Jenkins, Finneran, Booking with Ferguson and Weems battling it out for the 5th spot. I like what Ferguson has shown on special teams and also think Weems can be valuable if he can show some worth on punt returns. I like Troy because he's speedy and has good hands but even with Douglas out, this is one of our stronghold positions with depth the entire way down. Who knows, maybe we carry 6?

What about you? What are you looking for?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Looking at the CB's especially Houston to see if he can salvage his starting spot ( I doubt it). I am also keeping my keen eye on Owens

2. See what DL package can generate the most pass rush for us

3. Look and see what Decoud is doing out there

4. See who players better between shockey and JPW

5. I am looking for Taco-Mac so that i can get me some wings at the Dome.

What am I looking for? Not much.

If anything, I'll be looking at the guys who we drafted in the 5th through 7th rounds of last year's draft, just to see how hard they're going to play in order to impress the coaches.

That's about it. It's the last preseason game. It's mainly to see who wants to make special teams and the practice squad.

I disagree. When our CBs are getting torched left and right, we can't afford to overlook this opportunity to make a final evaluation of our starting line up for week 1.

I hear what you're sayin. Keep in mind our CB's aren't the first or the last set of CB's that Phillip Rivers has torched. The guy has been amazingly accurate since his days at NC State.

#1- The secondary- after last week's performance, I can not see how this would NOT be on top on everyone's list.

#2- Pass rush- after seeing the issues in the secondary, we all know the rush is going to have to work well to help them out.

#3- special teams- I just haven't been moved by the kick return/punt return game yet, I'm not worried but I will be watching for this.

That's pretty much it. I'm not really worried about the offense outside of Norwood's injury, but I would like to see my boy Snelling do something to convince the coaching staff that it would be a very good idea to keep him in the game plan this season.

We know Bedwetter has his usual list of 5 things he's looking for in the game but what are YOU looking for? List your 5 things to look out for tonight....I'll start.

1. This is no secret and I actually agree with Bedwetter. I'll be watching our DB (particularly CBs, also key in on Decoud. The only solid player is Coleman) play. We need to figure out who will make what position. Let's hope last week's game spooked some of these guys and they bring it tonight. I'm also excited to see Jackson get some action on the outside to see what he has. I'll be watching the progress Owens shows and of course if Grimes and Houston improve or regress from last week

2. Pass Rush. We need to figure out WTF is going on with Anderson and also make sure that if we're not satisfied with him, that we are truly satisfied with Davis. I think Davis can have a monster season if he were to take over the starting role. That would give him some serious motivation. I also will be watching the BEERMAN and Sidbury. I think Sidbury provides some much needed disruption. Lastly the DT's will be watched closely too. Peria isn't the dominant force we saw in college, but that was to be expected and anyone thinking he was going to come in and dictate how opposing O-Lines play him were smoking too much bud and should have passed the blunt this way :lol:. Remember, it's puff puff pass, not PUFFFFFFFFFFF PUFFFFFFFFFFFF, PUFFFFFFFFFF, PUFFFFFFFFFFFFF. He still needs to get use to the power of NFL players and with more experience he'll get better. I also want to see how Trey Lewis does, he's shown some flashes.

3. Returner. We lost a valuable asset in the punt return game when Douglas was injured. Going into the 4th and final pre-season game we don't have a clear cut winner yet. I think Weems is in the best position but for some reason I don't quite trust him. Also, after that dismal showing at CB position last week Grimes needs to show that he can return punts.

4. 1st Team offense. I will not settle for a punt. Obviously, I don't have much choice over this and Baltimore has a great defense but we need to score. We will be playing some serious offensive teams this year and we need to keep up with them in terms of scoring. Ryan might only play 1 series so it's important that we end the pre-season on a high note by getting it up the field against a solid defense. I also NEED to see Turner able to pound and grind it out against a solid defense. The knock on him has been that he can't run against solid run defenses. We need to put that mess to rest and see him get some good gains on the ground.

5. 4th and 5th WRs. My current list is......White, Jenkins, Finneran, Booking with Ferguson and Weems battling it out for the 5th spot. I like what Ferguson has shown on special teams and also think Weems can be valuable if he can show some worth on punt returns. I like Troy because he's speedy and has good hands but even with Douglas out, this is one of our stronghold positions with depth the entire way down. Who knows, maybe we carry 6?

What about you? What are you looking for?

I'm looking to see

1. Who out of Shockley and JPW make the roster.

2. DT and DE, heck the whole d-line at this point. I need to see something out of them to make me feel better. ( I'm happy with Jerry. He's gotten some penitration at times and a lot of double teams so I don't think he's doing his job. I agree he sometimes gets handled but he'll learn.

3. WR - I'd like to see Berdgeron (sp?) make the team, he played well last week and know how to catch in the middle.

4. Jackson and Owens at CB. I like Owens and if he and Jackson smack the reciever and not let him run off the line without some contact then I'll be happy

I hear what you're sayin. Keep in mind our CB's aren't the first or the last set of CB's that Phillip Rivers has torched. The guy has been amazingly accurate since his days at NC State.

Yeah, but I can not remember ever seeing it get as bad in ANY game (reg or pre-season) as it did last week. I haven't seen ANY qb, not even Brady or Peyton routinely convert 3rd downs with that much ease and they are the best out there. Well okay I take that back, maybe Peyton Manning,... :lol: but you know what I'm saying. Like the announcers said, it appeared at one point that a record for the most number of 3rd and longs in a single game had been broken. It was like someone was playing Madden or something. That can not be taken lightly.

That's pretty much it. I'm not really worried about the offense outside of Norwood's injury, but I would like to see my boy Snelling do something to convince the coaching staff that it would be a very good idea to keep him in the game plan this season.

This. Snelling impressed me with his hard running in mop up duty vs the Raiders last season. Would love to see him get a couple more carries per game this season to keep Turner fresh.

Yeah, but I can not remember ever seeing it get as bad in ANY game (reg or pre-season) as it did last week. I haven't seen ANY qb, not even Brady or Peyton routinely convert 3rd downs with that much ease and they are the best out there. Well okay I take that back, maybe Peyton Manning,... :lol: but you know what I'm saying. Like the announcers said, it appeared at one point that a record for the most number of 3rd and longs in a single game had been broken. It was like someone was playing Madden or something. That can not be taken lightly.

I agree. It was a debacle.

1) Our DB's - They need to play tonight after that miserable showing last week. Particularly I hope Owens, Jackson, or Decoud show something.

2) QB's- Alright SEC fans who will it be Shockey or Wilson?

3) PR/WR- Honestly, I think Weems might have this wrapped up, but we'll see tonight.

4) NO INJURIES.

Don't think Houston can regress from last week. And contrary to most peoples thoughts Grimes played a decent game last week. Gave up 2 or 3 catches and had tight coverage on other plays. Even stepped up in run support and gained a sack on a CB blitz. Don't think he did anything to hurt his chances of starting last week. Houston on the other hand has much to prove tonite as it looked like he started to give up out there last week and he also got down on himself after the first couple 3rd down conversions.

I think the acquisition of Hill as a replacement for Von Hutchins. He will see regular playing time by game 3/4 depending on how Grimes/Houston/Owens hold up.