Patience

FFFALCON

Long time reader, first time writer.

I think we need to show a little patience. I'm as excited and anxious as everyone else about this upcoming season, but I'm trying to back off and look at things in perspective. I've been a fan since our inception with Tommy Nobis being our first ever draft pick and Rankin Smith and Taylor Smith running the show, or should I say, circus. They didn't know the difference between a football and a tiddly wink. I am estatic about our organization now from top to bottom, and I believe that finally after 43 years we are going in the right direction.

It goes without saying that our offense will be even better than last year and in my opinion so will our defense. I think the D-line is as good, if not better. I think the LB's are better. The secondary "WILL BE" also. Yes, everyone's nervous because of the San Diego game, but remember last year. If we played the same schedule as last year, with what we have now, I believe we would have won 12-13 games. I believe, even with the tougher schedule we will accomplish something that Rankin or Taylor never saw...... back to back winning seasons.

Patience guys...........we're getting there.

Patience?????dude, patience isnt gonna help brent grimes grow 2 or 3 more inches so he can compete with jump balls. Patience isnt gonna help chris houston not get burnt or not turn his head around. Every single day, its another excuse for the bad play for the seconday. Stop making excuses and realize we need help in the seconday. Patience is not going to address the concern in the seconday.

Patience?????dude, patience isnt gonna help brent grimes grow 2 or 3 more inches so he can compete with jump balls. Patience isnt gonna help chris houston not get burnt or not turn his head around. Every single day, its another excuse for the bad play for the seconday. Stop making excuses and realize we need help in the seconday. Patience is not going to address the concern in the seconday.

Patience is giving our coaching staff the opportunity to correct the mistakes that are correctable. TD made a quick adjustment to the roster, now we have to let the coaches fix the scheme.

Patience is giving our coaching staff the opportunity to correct the mistakes that are correctable. TD made a quick adjustment to the roster, now we have to let the coaches fix the scheme.

Yes, I guess you are right, but it is so hard when most of us are expecting great things this year. TD did act quickly to address our problems, something we haven't seen in recent years.

I think we need to show a little patience. I'm as excited and anxious as everyone else about this upcoming season, but I'm trying to back off and look at things in perspective. I've been a fan since our inception with Tommy Nobis being our first ever draft pick and Rankin Smith and Taylor Smith running the show, or should I say, circus. They didn't know the difference between a football and a tiddly wink. I am estatic about our organization now from top to bottom, and I believe that finally after 43 years we are going in the right direction.

It goes without saying that our offense will be even better than last year and in my opinion so will our defense. I think the D-line is as good, if not better. I think the LB's are better. The secondary "WILL BE" also. Yes, everyone's nervous because of the San Diego game, but remember last year. If we played the same schedule as last year, with what we have now, I believe we would have won 12-13 games. I believe, even with the tougher schedule we will accomplish something that Rankin or Taylor never saw...... back to back winning seasons.

Even though I'm a Falcon AND Gator fan, I'll ignore your avatar :lol: and say I agree with you. I am one of the ones that nearly messed myself with that showing by the secondary last game, BUT I've been a fan for awhile now too (not as far back as Nobis, but Bartkowski), and have gone thru the ups and mostly downs with this franchise too. The thing is after I pulled myself together later on in the week I realized that this is a new regime and we are light years away as an organization than where we've been and trust that these guys will continue to get us going in the right direction and get this fixed eventually. As we both know, back in the day we could not have said that. So I'm still excited and actually glad in some sense that what happened last week came to light now as to temper some of our extremely lofty expectations and remind us that we still have some growing pains to endure and that this will not happen overnight. Like Coach smith said- "it's a process" and in the NFL rarely does two seasons a Superbowl team make. It may not be this season, it may be; who knows, one things for sure though- with Blank, Smitty, and TD in tow- IT WILL HAPPEN! GO FALCONS!! :D

Even though I'm a Falcon AND Gator fan, I'll ignore your avatar :lol: and say I agree with you. I am one of the ones that nearly messed myself with that showing by the secondary last game, BUT I've been a fan for awhile now too (not as far back as Nobis, but Bartkowski), and have gone thru the ups and mostly downs with this franchise too. The thing is after I pulled myself together later on in the week I realized that this is a new regime and we are light years away as an organization than where we've been and trust that these guys will continue to get us going in the right direction and get this fixed eventually. As we both know, back in the day we could not have said that. So I'm still excited and actually glad in some sense that what happened last week came to light now as to temper some of our extremely lofty expectations and remind us that we still have some growing pains to endure and that this will not happen overnight. Like Coach smith said- "it's a process" and in the NFL rarely does two seasons a Superbowl team make. It may not be this season, it may be; who knows, one things for sure though- with Blank, Smitty, and TD in tow- IT WILL HAPPEN! GO FALCONS!! :D

I approve this message!! Well written

I agree. If buying the best talent available was all there was to it, the Yankees would win every World Series.