Aaron Kelly

DGFALCON_LOFTON

I am really high on this guy. I think he can turn out to be a big sleeper. He was projected to be a 1st or 2nd round pick if he came out in the 2008 draft class- but due to mediocre numbers in 2008 compared to his 2007 numbers he dropped to be a fifth/sixth round pick in 2009-but didn't even get drafted at all. In a year or two he could be a solid number 2 receiver. I think he is going to take Brain Finneran's spot by next year if not later this year. He is 6'5 204lbs and runs a 4.49 forty. I hope TD stuck gold by getting him as a UFA. Do you guys think he will make the final 53 man roster?

Aaron Kelly, Clemson

Height: 6-5. Weight: 204.

Projected 40 Time: 4.53.

Combine 40 Time: 4.49.

Vertical: 38. Broad: .

Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

2/23/09: A 4.49 40 and a 38-inch vertical are both impressive at 6-5, 204.

1/4/09: Aaron Kelly struggled like everyone else on Clemson this year, garnering 61 receptions for 648 yards and three scores - a major dropoff from last year.

10/19/08: Maybe Aaron Kelly should have declared early. Kelly had his first 100-yard performance against Georgia Tech, but struggled at times with Cullen Harper tanking.

2007: After declaring for the 2008 NFL Draft, Aaron Kelly has decided to stay for his senior year.

Kelly put up great numbers with Cullen Harper emerging as an elite quarterback. Kelly had 88 receptions, 1,081 yards and 11 touchdowns. However, Kelly really needs to improve his 40 if he wants to get drafted in the first two rounds.

Aaron Kelly Highlights

Do you guys think he can develop into a good player on the practice squad and make the roster in a couple of years?

His only chance would be Finneran retiring. With Douglas, White, Jenkins and Weems here, all young guys with more experience than him, he may get picked up by another team, that is, if he doesn't show any better than he has.

Do you guys think he can develop into a good player on the practice squad and make the roster in a couple of years?

I've only seen him get one chance at a ball in a game and he caught it. Did I miss another? Just from his highlight vid, he showed me some pretty good raw talent. He's just a kid but I hope he sticks around. Five years from now I would hate getting beat by him with another team.

At this point, I dont even think he makes the PS.

Last week's final 2 drives would have been a good test for him...but he wasn't on the field...which means the team isnt THAT high on him.

Ferguson, Weems, Bergeron, and Williams all balled on that final drive in particular...but no Kelly in sight.

I think Kelly has a lot of potential to be something special, but he is just way too small right now. Every time I saw updates from camp they all said he was having trouble getting off the line because he isn't strong enough. That CAN be corrected, but not this year. It is going to take time.

I found this information on Kelly a while ago and thought it answers your question pretty well:

As of right now Kelly is said to be a 4th or 5th round pick and
scouting experts are worried about his elusiveness and ability to get off the line of scrimmage
against bigger defensive back. When I watch highlights of Kelly, I see a
gifted ball hawk
who is
not afraid to run over the middle, fights for every yard available, and when in open space, rarely gets chased down by opposition
. Kelly will be a great red zone threat in the NFL, and he also has the tools to be an every down receiver as well.

II found three other receivers in the NFL that have somewhat of the same physical characteristics as Kelly to compare him to:

Brandon Marshall
, 6’4” 230 pounds, ran a 4.55 at his combine with a 37” vertical jump. He was selected 119th overall in the draft.

Plaxico Burress
, 6’5 3/8” 233 pounds ran a 4.6 at his combine. He was selected 8th overall in the draft.

And
Chris Henry
, 6’4” 197 pounds ran a 4.50 at his combine. He was selected 83rd overall in the draft.

With the exception of Henry, All Aaron Kelly is lacking on these guys is about 25 pounds, or one year in the weight room.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/154500-...elly-wr-clemson

Kelly has the skills, he just needs to get stronger.

I think Kelly has a lot of potential to be something special, but he is just way too small right now. Every time I saw updates from camp they all said he was having trouble getting off the line because he isn't strong enough. That CAN be corrected, but not this year. It is going to take time.

I found this information on Kelly a while ago and thought it answers your question pretty well:

As of right now Kelly is said to be a 4th or 5th round pick and
scouting experts are worried about his elusiveness and ability to get off the line of scrimmage
against bigger defensive back. When I watch highlights of Kelly, I see a
gifted ball hawk
who is
not afraid to run over the middle, fights for every yard available, and when in open space, rarely gets chased down by opposition
. Kelly will be a great red zone threat in the NFL, and he also has the tools to be an every down receiver as well.

II found three other receivers in the NFL that have somewhat of the same physical characteristics as Kelly to compare him to:

Brandon Marshall
, 6’4” 230 pounds, ran a 4.55 at his combine with a 37” vertical jump. He was selected 119th overall in the draft.

Plaxico Burress
, 6’5 3/8” 233 pounds ran a 4.6 at his combine. He was selected 8th overall in the draft.

And
Chris Henry
, 6’4” 197 pounds ran a 4.50 at his combine. He was selected 83rd overall in the draft.

With the exception of Henry, All Aaron Kelly is lacking on these guys is about 25 pounds, or one year in the weight room.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/154500-...elly-wr-clemson

Kelly has the skills, he just needs to get stronger.

Yea he needs to gain about 20 lbs. That would put him at 224 or even 30lbs he would be Plaxico Burress /Brandon Marshall size. Maybe by next year he could put on at least 15 lbs. He already has a nice forty at 4.49. When he gains that weight he is going to be something special.

I've only seen him get one chance at a ball in a game and he caught it. Did I miss another? Just from his highlight vid, he showed me some pretty good raw talent. He's just a kid but I hope he sticks around. Five years from now I would hate getting beat by him with another team.
That is what I am saying

I'm still amazed at that line of thinking. Why the fear of him? Because of what he did at Clemson? He was an UDFA. If he was so talented, then other teams would have drafted him, right? If he was so talented, the coaches would have had him on the field more, right? He's just lucky the Falcons gave him a shot.

You guys are worrying about what may be and it doesn't make sense.

I'm still amazed at that line of thinking. Why the fear of him? Because of what he did at Clemson? He was an UDFA. If he was so talented, then other teams would have drafted him, right? If he was so talented, the coaches would have had him on the field more, right? He's just lucky the Falcons gave him a shot.

Im just saying if he does. Idk and you dont know what going to come of him.

Im just saying if he does. Idk and you dont know what going to come of him.

That what I'm saying. I don't and you don't either. No sense living in dread of what may or may not happen.

Ever since the Bret Farve trade and Deion Sanders leaving, everyone thinks that every player that we let go that they like is going to become a superstar with another team and take it out on us.

Do some work on getting the roster down to 53 and it appears Weems is the

guy we are keeping due to punt returning. I would prefer to keep Kelly and

let Hill or Grimes return punts. I don't think Kelly will make it to our practice squad

somebody will pick him up. Maybe he does something to make the team tonight.

At this point he is gone.

At this point, I dont even think he makes the PS.

Last week's final 2 drives would have been a good test for him...but he wasn't on the field...which means the team isnt THAT high on him.

Ferguson, Weems, Bergeron, and Williams all balled on that final drive in particular...but no Kelly in sight.

That could also be a matter of the coaches knowing he won't make the team, but they do want him to make the PS. They want a year to fully develop him, and don't want another team to pluck him off the PS. So they're not giving other teams any film against NFL caliber opponents to scout him.

I'm not sayin that's the case, I'm just saying the argument could be made either way.

Did you tell Glanville to cut Favre?

I believe he has a good shot at the PS since he is the only WR on the roster that is eligible.

I believe they will keep a WR on the PS if they only keep 5 WR on the roster.

It's my understanding that Bergeron is not eligible because of his time with the ATL Force (although I do not understand)

and C. Williams has already spent 2 years on PS. (although last year was not a full year)