No worries for Mosley, Tennessee and kiffin will take anyone..

SacFalcFan

I wish he would stop getting or trying to get rejects from other schools. He tried to get that QB Marve from Miami, and now he's got this guy. This TE may as well go play for Memphis, his hometown team. Knoxville is a good 6 1/2 hours from there...

I could understand UT wanting Marve. He's better than anyone else UT has at QB. And Marve isn't a nuisance off the field.

But to the go after the likes of Mosley, Moody, and Hood? UT is the new "Thug U."

UT has an extremely strict discipline policy, if anyone screws up they're gone. Every team in the nation has kids with character issues, it's about them turning their lives around and learning from their mistakes that we should measure them with. This is the first off season in a long time that Tennessee has not had a few players arrested for misconduct. I believe Kiffin is doing something right when it comes to helping these kids.

I could understand UT wanting Marve. He's better than anyone else UT has at QB. And Marve isn't a nuisance off the field.

But to the go after the likes of Mosley, Moody, and Hood? UT is the new "Thug U."

True, he is better than any of the others that UT has, but Marve was arrested and charged with criminal mischief and resisting arrest without violence, so it's safe to say that he's a nuisance off the field. Charges were dropped later, but he shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. Secondly, not long after announcing that he was going to Purdue, he had a serious knee injury and will miss til at least October. Obviously he couldn't have gotten game action, due to transferring, but he will miss alot of quality practice time. Keep in mind that he missed all of the 2007 season due to a really bad car accident.

Robert Marve Arrested

Robert Marve Injury

My hopes for the other guys are that they hopefully get their life back on track, but get kicked off the team if they get in the slightest amount of trouble. From what it seems, Coach Kiffin and staff have no issues with getting rid of troublemakers. The same can't be said for Coach Fulmer.

I could see this school being on probation in a couple of years

Why, from signing people with troubled backgrounds? Hasn't Florida had 24 arrests in the past few years.

UT has an extremely strict discipline policy, if anyone screws up they're gone. Every team in the nation has kids with character issues, it's about them turning their lives around and learning from their mistakes that we should measure them with. This is the first off season in a long time that Tennessee has not had a few players arrested for misconduct. I believe Kiffin is doing something right when it comes to helping these kids.

I'm glad that these changes have taken place. I also can't think of an off season without misconduct arrests. I remember alot of arrests before the 2005 season. The lack of discipline showed in the Fulmer era, especially the last 8 or 9 years and it translated a lack of discipline on the field. I also read where the players GPA at the end of last semester was their best since 2004

Kiffin's not trying to help anyone but himself.

If they get in trouble, he kicks them off the team. If they contribute and stay out of trouble, great! If they don't contribute, but stay out of trouble, it doesn't help Kiffin, but it could help the player. It's not like he's on pace to have the arrests that Florida has had in recent years.

Kiffin is trying to bring in players that he thinks will get Tennessee in the best possible spot to compete. If Kiffin was just trying to help himself he wouldn't of removed one of our best DB's from the team this past off season. Also Kiffin has yet to have a player arrested, and every player that has acted up or done something detrimental to the team or university has been removed from the program. Please tell me how he is on pace to have as many players arrested as Florida has?

Yet...

What Volunteer Falcon said:

Also Kiffin has yet to have a player arrested, and every player that has acted up or done something detrimental to the team or university has been removed from the program. Please tell me how he is on pace to have as many players arrested as Florida has?

Zero arrests since he was officially hired on December 1st isn't a very good start on catching up with the Gators. I don't remember who was Fulmer's last arrest, but it's probably been at least a year since UT had a player arrested...