I would keep only 2

mc

I would keep Matt Ryan and Chris Redman.Put Wilson on the PS and release Shockley. Many teams only carry 2 qbs and we could just run the wildcat all game if both qbs go down, better chance of winning that way.

Many teams only go w/ 2 qb and that would allow an extra WR or DL or DB, which the falcons could really use for SP and depth.

The 3rd QB does not count against the 53 man roster, so you won't get an extra player for putting a QB on the PS.

That's not true. The 3rd QB does count on your 53 man roster. On game day, the 3rd QB does not count against your 45 active players, that is what you are thinking of.

Many teams had only 2 qbs on opening day the last 2 years including the colts, titans (before VY was hurt and went nuts), chargers, giants, seahawks (07 not 08), cowboys, etc.

It has been a growing trend for awhile now.

If you are down to your 3rd string qb, you are toast anyway so I waste a spot?

I would keep Matt Ryan and Chris Redman.Put Wilson on the PS and release Shockley. Many teams only carry 2 qbs and we could just run the wildcat all game if both qbs go down, better chance of winning that way.

Many teams only go w/ 2 qb and that would allow an extra WR or DL or DB, which the falcons could really use for SP and depth.

A lot of people will probably flame you but I'm with you!

Ryan took every single snap last season. Plus, if Ryan and Redman went down, the season would be over anyway AND in the aforementioned scenario, we would more than likely pick up another QB before starting Shockley or JPW.

I would prefer to carry 6 WRs (White, Jenkins, Finn, Booker, Ferg, Weems) or maybe an extra D-Lineman; however, the thought of giving up a roster spot for an extra scrub DB makes me cringe.

That's actually not a bad idea.

Ryan and Redman have both showed that they are capable of taking a beating through the season. If I am not mistaken, Norwood took some snaps last year when we ran our version of the wildcat.

This could free up a roster spot for a rotating defensive linemen to keep those guys fresh or keep another CB on the roster...PS is iffy if you have a guy that you don't want to risk being signed by another team. As stated before - the 3rd QB doesn't count toward the 45 Active, but they count towards the 53.

A lot of people will probably flame you but I'm with you!

Ryan took every single snap last season. Plus, if Ryan and Redman went down, the season would be over anyway AND in the aforementioned scenario, we would more than likely pick up another QB before starting Shockley or JPW.

I would prefer to carry 6 WRs (White, Jenkins, Finn, Booker, Ferg, Weems) or maybe an extra D-Lineman; however, the thought of giving up a roster spot for an extra scrub DB makes me cringe.

Yeah, we would sign a vet QB AFTER the game if Ryan and Redman went down, but what if Redman doesn't happen to get injured as time expires and we actually have to replace him DURING the game. Wildcat the rest of the way? I suppose we could do that. Carolina did it to us once. What if we're in a tight game with chance at the division and Ryan and Redman go down? I always hear people say "our season would be over anyway," and maybe that's true, but what if they've already given us a season and we just need someone not to lose it? They may not both be getting injured in week 1.