Anyone here conceal carry?

achilles return

I've got a while to go before I can get my GFL, but I was wonder what kind of set up the guys here had. Do you IWB? OWB? Shoulder holster?

IWB. Do NOT use a shoulder holster. You will at some point want to remove the covering garment and it will be a cluster. You also cannot do a decent 4-point draw out of one, and you seriously risk covering your offside arm on the draw. For similar reasons, do not use a crossdraw holster. IWB or OWB, strongside right behind the point of the hip is the way to go.

P.S., the Comp-Tac, Sidearmor and Blade-Tech are good kydex holsters, and IMHO, the Milt Sparks Executive Companion is the gold standard for leather IWB holsters. I personally use the Blade-Tech -- it works the best for me and the particular gun I have (Glock 19). You'll love it -- it has the little Christian Ichthys (fish) on it (or at least they used to -- I bought mine about 8 years ago). But it is quality equipment, as are the others I recommended.

IWB. Do NOT use a shoulder holster. You will at some point want to remove the covering garment and it will be a cluster. You also cannot do a decent 4-point draw out of one, and you seriously risk covering your offside arm on the draw. For similar reasons, do not use a crossdraw holster. IWB or OWB, strongside right behind the point of the hip is the way to go.

P.S., the Comp-Tac, Sidearmor and Blade-Tech are good kydex holsters, and IMHO, the Milt Sparks Executive Companion is the gold standard for leather IWB holsters. I personally use the Blade-Tech -- it works the best for me and the particular gun I have (Glock 19). You'll love it -- it has the little Christian Ichthys (fish) on it (or at least they used to -- I bought mine about 8 years ago). But it is quality equipment, as are the others I recommended.

The handgun I want to use makes IWB more difficult, but I think I've found a good holster for it.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/

And yeah, I'm looking for a single action revolver. My roommate is giving me a lot of crap for it, but I figure - its reliable, has the inherent safety of the hammer, and it's pretty simple to maintain.

I'm really likin' this Ruger Blackhawk in .45.

344L.jpg

Advice is welcome, even if its something I don't want to hear, lol.

The handgun I want to use makes IWB more difficult, but I think I've found a good holster for it.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/

And yeah, I'm looking for a single action revolver. My roommate is giving me a lot of crap for it, but I figure - its reliable, has the inherent safety of the hammer, and it's pretty simple to maintain.

I'm really likin' this Ruger Blackhawk in .45.

344L.jpg

Advice is welcome, even if its something I don't want to hear, lol.

You'd better practice. A lot.

I agree IWB isn't the best option. I'd get a more appropriate carry gun, personally. DA revolver or a good self-loader (which also requires a ton of practice, BTW). But if you're wedded to the single-action, go with the best OWB strongside you can find.

Perhaps he would like to exercise some of his rights given through the constitution?

There are all sorts of rights in the Constitution. I have no problem with this particular one...though I am not sure that carrying a concealed weapon is specifically mentioned in the document. I was just wondering why he felt the need to arm himself.

There are all sorts of rights in the Constitution. I have no problem with this particular one...though I am not sure that carrying a concealed weapon is specifically mentioned in the document. I was just wondering why he felt the need to arm himself.

Fair enough, and I'm not certain if it implies whether the right to bare arms is included to concealed weapons or not.

I really can't fault someone for wanting to have one on their side though. It seems ever day we're reading more and more f'd up stuff in the news. I would probably do it as well, however, I'm not a fan of handguns.

Perhaps he would like to exercise some of his rights given through the constitution?

I have never understood that reasoning. Plus, I am not sure it explicitly says that in the constitution. In some states though, yes, it's not illegal to carry a gun on your person...sure. It's also not illegal to pick my nose and eat my boogers in public, but I am not going to do it just because I won't get in trouble.

while concealed carry is not covered in the constitution, what is covered that any right or restriction not specifically addressed by the constitution is left up to the states. so in that way, it is protected

Plaxico....

FLORIDA'S RECIPROCITY STATES

Alabama (1,3,5)

Alaska (1)

Arizona (6)

Arkansas (1)

Colorado (1,4)

Delaware

Georgia (1)

Idaho (3,6)

Indiana (1,3,6)

Kansas (1)

Kentucky

Louisiana (1)

Michigan (1,4)

Mississippi (1)

Missouri

Montana (3)

New Hampshire (1,3,4,6)

New Mexico (1)

North Carolina (1)

North Dakota (3,6)

Ohio (1)

Oklahoma (1)

Pennsylvania (1,6)

South Carolina (1,4,6)

South Dakota (1,3)

Tennessee (1,6)

Texas (1,3,6)

Utah (1,6)

Vermont (2)

Virginia (1,6)

West Virginia (1)

Wyoming (1,3)

New York doesnt even have one. these are the states that you can use the license in

Alabama (1,3,5)

Alaska (1)

Arizona (6)

Arkansas (1)

Colorado (1,4)

Delaware

Georgia (1)

Idaho (3,6)

Indiana (1,3,6)

Kansas (1)

Kentucky

Louisiana (1)

Michigan (1,4)

Mississippi (1)

Missouri

Montana (3)

New Hampshire (1,3,4,6)

New Mexico (1)

North Carolina (1)

North Dakota (3,6)

Ohio (1)

Oklahoma (1)

Pennsylvania (1,6)

South Carolina (1,4,6)

South Dakota (1,3)

Tennessee (1,6)

Texas (1,3,6)

Utah (1,6)

Vermont (2)

Virginia (1,6)

West Virginia (1)

Wyoming (1,3)

New York doesnt even have one. these are the states that you can use the license in

Touche

Alabama (1,3,5)

Alaska (1)

Arizona (6)

Arkansas (1)

Colorado (1,4)

Delaware

Georgia (1)

Idaho (3,6)

Indiana (1,3,6)

Kansas (1)

Kentucky

Louisiana (1)

Michigan (1,4)

Mississippi (1)

Missouri

Montana (3)

New Hampshire (1,3,4,6)

New Mexico (1)

North Carolina (1)

North Dakota (3,6)

Ohio (1)

Oklahoma (1)

Pennsylvania (1,6)

South Carolina (1,4,6)

South Dakota (1,3)

Tennessee (1,6)

Texas (1,3,6)

Utah (1,6)

Vermont (2)

Virginia (1,6)

West Virginia (1)

Wyoming (1,3)

I always thought the reciprocity laws were mainly for traveling.