Falcons coach Mike Smith said LBs Robert James, Spencer Adkins and Jamie Winborn are likely competing for one or two spots

atljbo

i think its one spot and of the 3 winborn is higher on the current depth chart. who is the best STer? if someone cuts a better STer i say the last spot could be none of them.

with 9 DL, 6 CB's, 4 S's, that leaves room for only 6 LB's unless we keep only 2 QB's which is possible. then we could keep 7 LB's or 5 S's. sounds like they are contemplating LB over S. 10 DB's is fine since they cross dressed middleton, 7 LB's would make two openings.

Who do you think will get those last 2 roster spots ?

I am suprised two will make it ????

Curtis Lofton - MLB - starter

Stephen Nicholas - SLB - starter

Mike Peterson - WLB - starter

Coy Wire - SLB - backup

Tony Gilbert - MLB - backup

Jamie Winborn - WLB - backup

that is 6 linebackers - I think Spencer Adkins makes the PS and Robert James meets "the Turk" :)

6th and 7th rd picks have been practice squadders for us in the dimitroff era. simply not good enough to make our 53 man roster. zinger developed on PS for one year and made the team this year though. adkins and walker could do the same and contribute in 2010 unless someone else claims them. that is why trading our 7th rd pick for a LCB the last two years was brilliant. the first 5 rds have been good to us except for robert james with TD at the helm. i would like to see the 6th rd pick traded for a 5th rd pick in 2011 come draft day next year like the patriots do.

i think its one spot and of the 3 winborn is higher on the current depth chart. who is the best STer? if someone cuts a better STer i say the last spot could be none of them.

with 9 DL, 6 CB's, 4 S's, that leaves room for only 6 LB's unless we keep only 2 QB's which is possible. then we could keep 7 LB's or 5 S's. sounds like they are contemplating LB over S. 10 DB's is fine since they cross dressed middleton, 7 LB's would make two openings.

I think we keep 5 CBs

Hill, Houston, Grimes, Owens and Jackson. Middleton is far from ready for NFL ball IMO.

Coy Wire - SLB - backup

that is 6 linebackers - I think Spencer Adkins makes the PS and Robert James meets "the Turk" :)

I agree. Atlanta's defense is young and inexperienced. To keep Atkins or James over veteran Winborn would be crazy IMO. Winborn is a playmaker, and I think he is better in pass coverage defense than Peterson. If Winborn had been playing against the Chargers, I don't think that they would have converted all of those screen passes. BTW Winborn is also a very good special teams player to boot.

Freudian slip or something? "they cross dressed middleton" :rolleyes:

Coy Wire - SLB - backup

Have to agree with g-dawg. That's the way I see it playing out.