Alot of People said Foxworth was offered more money by us

SWIFT HITTER

A year ago Dimitroff traded for Domonique Foxworth, who’d become extraneous to requirements in Denver, and he wound up being the best pass defender on a playoff team. He had such a good season that the Bronco castoff wound up wangling $17 million guaranteed out of the Baltimore Ravens, which is the reason Foxworth is no longer a Falcon. Too expensive.

The Dimitroff watchwords for 2009 — replacing “process,” last year’s mantra — are “urgency” and “consistency.” We just saw both attributes demonstrated by the man himself. He’s consistent in his approach: He won’t overspend to make this a Super Bowl team, but neither will he ignore a crying need. And it would be difficult to ask these players to exercise “urgency” if the general manager witnessed the misdoings of Saturday and sat on his hands.

Seems like I have to find this article about 5 times a month for threads like this. Straight from Sports Illustrated:

Foxworth offers Ravens silver lining to tough offseason

The Ravens lost Bart Scott to the Jets and their former defensive coordinator Rex Ryan on Friday, but Baltimore is pretty happy about landing ex-Falcons cornerback Domonique Foxworth on the first day of free agency. Baltimore reportedly gave the fourth-year NFL veteran a four-year, $28 million deal that includes $16.5 million guaranteed. He effectively replaces veteran cornerback Chris McAlister, who was a cap cut last week.

The Ravens identified Foxworth as a player they were intent on making a big push for early in free agency, and they were helped considerably by the fact that he's a University of Maryland product who played high school ball in Catonsville, Md., and whose grandmother lives just down the road from the Ravens' team complex. I'm told that both Miami and Atlanta were negotiating to stay in the hunt for Foxworth, but that the ex-Terp took less money for the chance to play in Baltimore.

"The guy really wanted to play here,'' said one Ravens source. "That's the great thing we had going for us.'' In the 2005 draft, Foxworth and fellow cornerback Fabian Washington posted two of the fastest 40 times at the scouting combine that year. Now both of them are Ravens, and along with Samari Rolle and Frank Walker, comprise Baltimore's contingent of cornerbacks.

-- D. Banks (2:30 p.m. ET)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...signings/2.html

Seems like I have to find this article about 5 times a month for threads like this. Straight from Sports Illustrated:

The Ravens lost Bart Scott to the Jets and their former defensive coordinator Rex Ryan on Friday, but Baltimore is pretty happy about landing ex-Falcons cornerback Domonique Foxworth on the first day of free agency. Baltimore reportedly gave the fourth-year NFL veteran a four-year, $28 million deal that includes $16.5 million guaranteed. He effectively replaces veteran cornerback Chris McAlister, who was a cap cut last week.

The Ravens identified Foxworth as a player they were intent on making a big push for early in free agency, and they were helped considerably by the fact that he's a University of Maryland product who played high school ball in Catonsville, Md., and whose grandmother lives just down the road from the Ravens' team complex. I'm told that both Miami and Atlanta were negotiating to stay in the hunt for Foxworth, but that the ex-Terp took less money for the chance to play in Baltimore.

"The guy really wanted to play here,'' said one Ravens source. "That's the great thing we had going for us.'' In the 2005 draft, Foxworth and fellow cornerback Fabian Washington posted two of the fastest 40 times at the scouting combine that year. Now both of them are Ravens, and along with Samari Rolle and Frank Walker, comprise Baltimore's contingent of cornerbacks.

Thank you sir. I was just about to ask why should we take his word for it when he had nothing to do with negotiations

I'm impartial either way, but i feel like i have to break out the lawyer speak. The article doesn't clarify wether the Falcons or Dolphins offered more money, just that both teams were interested in Foxworth. Foxworth could have accepted less money than the Dolphins were offering and/or more money than the falcons were offering or vice-versa. We don't know.

Okay, i'm done with my lawyer moment,

Ok.. glad to see the article from 'blacksburghokie' b/c I just stated in a thread earlier that we offered more money than the Ravens. It was a thread where someone was slamming the Hill trade and talking about Foxy. Like I said earlier... healthy Hill > Foxworth.

Now, it's completely possible that the Dolphins are the ones who offered more money but I think we matched the offer the Ravens gave him at the least and he chose to play there b/c that is where he is from. I would be willing to bet that if the Ravens had not had the success they did last year he would still be here. Don't think he would have been so quick to go to the Ravens if they only won lets say 7 games.

why are we still talkin about foxworth?? i swear u guys be actin like he was nnambi asomugha or champ bailey. <_<

he wasn't a pro bowler but he was very good for us last year, he rarely gave up a big play and he made big plays when needed. The one int he had was at a HUGE monent. he was constantly causing incompletion's