ESPN is really over hyping OKLA ST!

bigjmw84

The same team that ranked 91st on defense in the big 12. I know they hired a new DC who is supposed to be good, but it is not going to turn around over night. Didnt everyone pick osu acouple of seasons because of their O that included Pettigrew, Addarius Bowman, Dantrell savage, and their QB(his name escapes me).

UGA has a top 5 OL in the country.

Jeff Owens(all SEC DT) back healthy from injury lining up next to G.Atkins who already caused problems by himself.

our DE's are healthy and ready to go

We got a fiery 5th year senior whos a respected leader, has high football IQ, accuracy who has never lost a game in his football career

Oh yeah.....AJ Green

The Dawgs always get treated like the red headed step child when it comes to the media. Remember we were picked by a few media outlets to lose to Arizona State last year; Boise State in 2005 and Oklahoma State back in 2007.

Don't forget some of those jacklegs were saying Hawaii was going to beat us as well.... We couldn't handle Colt Brennan and that Run N Shoot offense :rolleyes:

The same team that ranked 91st on defense in the big 12. I know they hired a new DC who is supposed to be good, but it is not going to turn around over night. Didnt everyone pick osu acouple of seasons because of their O that included Pettigrew, Addarius Bowman, Dantrell savage, and their QB(his name escapes me).

UGA has a top 5 OL in the country.

Jeff Owens(all SEC DT) back healthy from injury lining up next to G.Atkins who already caused problems by himself.

our DE's are healthy and ready to go

We got a fiery 5th year senior whos a respected leader, has high football IQ, accuracy who has never lost a game in his football career

Oh yeah.....AJ Green

A really good DC can turn a team around pretty quick just like a bad one can ruin a defense fast. UGA does not have a top 5 O-line considering the season has not even started(that is just your hype). UGA has a very talented o-line that should be really good. **** GT had a fiery 4 year starter at QB a few years ago and we all know that means nothing. Cox is unproven at the college level so far. He could be really good or he could be below average; you just don't know. You're hyping the Bulldogs up with nothing to but your opinion to back you up. Same thing that you say ESPN is doing with Oklahoma State. Both teams are very talented and I am really looking forward to this game Saturday night.

You UGA fans gotta understand it goes both ways. Both teams have great players. Your going on the road against a top 10 opponent in the first game of the year. Yes Joe Cox is a 5th yr senior, but hes unproven. No one really knows how good this UGA team could be. All that stuff in the first post may be true, but Ok St. can also ask things like who can stop Dez Byrant? Your hyping up UGA to be an amazing team, ESPN can do the same with Oklahoma State.

I don't have an problem with them being overhyped. Until hype starts to give teams an advantage on the field, like starting them off with a 14 point lead, I don't care. At the end of the day the game will be decided on the field and the hype will mean nothing.

yeah same here.. not a big deal to me.. i laugh it off especially with some of the dumbest comments maybe ever spoken by commentators have been said this week.. some real morons out their covering sports.. rivals radio was talking about the dan patrick show and their breakdown of osu and uga and they couldn't even name uga's qb nor could they give any details or stats just generalizations and they talked about just how bad it's gotten with national pundits who just spew out garbage and don't even know the teams they are talking about.. i mean really knowing the teams.

People keep asking who UGA has to stop Dez Bryant. Well, who does OSU have to stop AJ Green? I just took a quick look at some of OSU's box scores from last year and numerous WR's had big days against their defense.

yeah i laugh at that.. oh no uga who actually has athletes on defense should be oh so afraid of dez who does a great job against non top 25 teams and oklahoma state's pathetic defense is now good and they can cover aj green easily.. LOLOLOL.. like i said the comments are ridiculous out there..

Lotta thin skin in here.

THe season hasn't started and already people are being offended by something an analyst or several analysts have to say. At this point every team can look great "on paper". Okie State being favored in the game is just as it should be. It's up to UGA to go out there and prove the "experts" wrong. Go to it!!

Lotta thin skin in here.

THe season hasn't started and already people are being offended by something an analyst or several analysts have to say. At this point every team can look great "on paper". Okie State being favored in the game is just as it should be. It's up to UGA to go out there and prove the "experts" wrong. Go to it!!

you need to remove the term experts.. the comments being said are not said by experts as pointed out.. I respect someone who knows the teams, the stats, and the players even if they pick the dawgs to lose.. however the comments being thrown out are being done by morons who don't know enough about the teams and make foolish comments like uga has no chance, uga will get killed, uga doesn't know what it's getting itself into, uga can't play in that big stadium full of those fans, etc.. i respect a guy who says uga will lose and here is why and gives good facts and stats to back it up, you can't argue with that.. you can however argue with the ridiculous statements above and guys who don't even know who is even uga's qb.. and it's not thin skin, uga is being trashed throughout the entire country by the national and the fans are sick of it. Even if uga loses at least don't say idiotic comments about the team. btw deuce staley must have eaten a lot of glue as a kid, his football commentary is as good as charlie brown's pitching.. :D :P

you need to remove the term experts.. the comments being said are not said by experts as pointed out.. I respect someone who knows the teams, the stats, and the players even if they pick the dawgs to lose.. however the comments being thrown out are being done by morons who don't know enough about the teams and make foolish comments like uga has no chance, uga will get killed, uga doesn't know what it's getting itself into, uga can't play in that big stadium full of those fans, etc.. i respect a guy who says uga will lose and here is why and gives good facts and stats to back it up, you can't argue with that.. you can however argue with the ridiculous statements above and guys who don't even know who is even uga's qb.. and it's not thin skin, uga is being trashed throughout the entire country by the national and the fans are sick of it. Even if uga loses at least don't say idiotic comments about the team. btw deuce staley must have eaten a lot of glue as a kid, his football commentary is as good as charlie brown's pitching.. :D :P

Well if people (fans) are upset about remarks being made by "morons" they're fighting a losing battle in the first place. There's always going to be an abundance of idiots who say and do just about anything to stir up a hornets nest; or in this case a dawg pound.

In part of your response you say "uga is being trashed throughout the entire country by the national and the fans are sick of it." Are you saying that they are being trashed by the "national" media or by people accross the nation? IF it's the national media, then surely some of those folks would qualify as "experts".

My point in this thread is that many fans of UGA seem to be getting upset by people thinking OSU should be able to handle UGA. Those assumptions are based on the prolific offense OSU had last year. Well the UGA fans who are upset are only upset because they have assumptions of their own that are at this moment no more valid that the assumptions of the Okie State supporters. Boiling it all down, nothing matters at this point because everyone is in the dark as to what is going to happen.

Plus you know that offense always in virtually every sport gets more consideration than defense in picking a winner. It's easy for people just look at the OSU offense and say that they will beat UGA because UGA lost two studs this year to the NFL. The UGA fans who are riled up by the people picking OSU are not really any better than the OSU supporters, they're just coming at it from a different perspective.

Oh yeah, I owe you a large apology. I thought the fantasy draft was going to happen on the 28th and I missed the actual draft. Sorry for screwing that up. I hope you guys were able to get it done.

Well if people (fans) are upset about remarks being made by "morons" they're fighting a losing battle in the first place. There's always going to be an abundance of idiots who say and do just about anything to stir up a hornets nest; or in this case a dawg pound.

In part of your response you say "uga is being trashed throughout the entire country by the national and the fans are sick of it." Are you saying that they are being trashed by the "national" media or by people accross the nation? IF it's the national media, then surely some of those folks would qualify as "experts".

My point in this thread is that many fans of UGA seem to be getting upset by people thinking OSU should be able to handle UGA. Those assumptions are based on the prolific offense OSU had last year. Well the UGA fans who are upset are only upset because they have assumptions of their own that are at this moment no more valid that the assumptions of the Okie State supporters. Boiling it all down, nothing matters at this point because everyone is in the dark as to what is going to happen.

Plus you know that offense always in virtually every sport gets more consideration than defense in picking a winner. It's easy for people just look at the OSU offense and say that they will beat UGA because UGA lost two studs this year to the NFL. The UGA fans who are riled up by the people picking OSU are not really any better than the OSU supporters, they're just coming at it from a different perspective.

Oh yeah, I owe you a large apology. I thought the fantasy draft was going to happen on the 28th and I missed the actual draft. Sorry for screwing that up. I hope you guys were able to get it done.

I wouldn't call guys like dan patrick, cowin cowherd, mark bradley as experts and it's those hacks I talking about. It's guys like that who couldn't tell you anything about each team enough for you take them seriously.. that was the point.. kinda of like mark may saying uga loses to hawaii due to the turf. it's a comments like that where I have zero respect for the person who is saying that. they have a microphone and give their opinion so as fans we have every right to give our opinion of those morons and their idiotic comments. like tonight why is osu beating uga? randy cross "they upgraded their stadium.". yeah..lol

No that is not correct IMO. Georgia fans aren't getting upset that there are people who believe uga can lose to osu. Most uga fans know we can easily lose this game.. There are question marks for both teams, it's just the stupid comments being said by those with a microphone that deserves a response. Again it's not the picking of osu to win, that has not been the issue period. We laugh at that, it's the dumb uneducated comments which is what is being talked about by most. I expect when someone comments on a game they at least know something about the teams in it, if they don't then they shouldn't comment on the game. osu is the flavor of the month as was hawaii, okie state in 2007, boise state, etc.. we saw what happened to them. Hopefully the same thing happens. As fans this is the one forum we have to voice our displeasure on that stuff. Does it matter what they say? Of course not, but it's the same rerun idiocy. CMR loves it thought as do the coaches. LOL It's a good thing that's why I laughed my tail off when mark bradley gave his prediction. Me personally i will comment on the idiotic comments, but i don't get upset with that stuff because i am use to uninformed comments by the national media. uga could very well lose this game, but we have a chance to win and shouldn't be dismissed.

No worrries we got it done.. Have you checked your team?

well I don't know alot about Okie State. But I do know my fair share of UGA since I live here. And like Sac knows, I'm not sold on Joe Cox. I just don't think he will be as good as the UGA fans hope for. The run game should be strong. I just think Okie State puts 8 men in the box and make Joe beat them. Yes they have all world A.J. Green. But if Cox can't get him the ball, than he won't make an impact in the game. I can see this game going either way. But I just got a gut feeling Okie State defense does enough for a close one.