People are COMPLAINING about trading for Hill?

The only question to ask is do you have faith in Coach Smith and the front office?

I have complete faith in them and the fickle crybaby whining of people on here disgusts me.

Remember before Smith and TD? Before Ryan and Turner? That was Harrington and Dunn.

All they have done from day 1 is bring in underrated talent who go on to exceed expectations.

In free agency they started with Turner, the most productive back in the league last season with 1699 yards 17 TDs, 900+ yards after contact and 44 broken tackles, both ranked 1st in the NFL. We rode him to the playoffs last season.

We also signed Coleman, an under the radar move and he emerged as one of our best defenders last season. His production also leapt dramatically from his previous team where he had been on the decline statistically from his rookie season, kinda like Tye Hill.

Oh yeah, then TD drafted our franchise quarterback, left tackle, and middle linebacker in succession. Then we got Chevis Jackson, Harry Douglas, Thomas Decoud and Kroy Biermann. This will be remembered as the greatest draft class in Falcons history.

I could go on.

My point is simple. I trust this teams staff. All they did was take a team destined to be the Detroit Lions to the playoffs, and not by gimmicks, but by laying the foundation for a dynasty.

And you're telling me we got Tye Hill for a 7th round pick?

AND PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING?

He's played 3 seasons and missed time with injury the last 2. You think TD would trade for him if he thought aggravation of the same injuries was probable? Does he strike you as the type who doesnt do their homework?

Tye Hill was the 15th overall pick and because we traded for him (the least you can trade for someone other than a garbage player) we inherit his contract, 2 years, 2 million dollars.

You think this player would sign with us for 2 years and 2 million dollars if he were a free agent? At worst, Hill gets injured or is one of our top 3 corners and most likely a starter, at best we have our #1 corner for a long time.

Time for some scouts to speak

Grade: 67 | Key

Comment: Hill is a third-year player who only started four games last year due to injury. He is an athletically gifted player with good agility and straight-line speed. He has smooth hips with quick feet and good acceleration. He excels in man coverage due to his ability to flip and run without giving up much separation. He has very good speed to run deep. He's an aggressive player in man coverage who will challenge receivers early in routes and is not afraid to try and make plays on the ball down field. A confident player in his speed to close quick and make up ground as the ball arrives. When playing off the ball he will often shuffle to gain depth. He has a good short burst to close on an angle but is somewhat inconsistent as a tackler. Against the run, he will give effort to make plays but not a consistently physical force on the outside. Hill is a solid starter when healthy who still has upside and hasn't reached his full potential yet.

Tye Hill Clemson 5'9.5", 185

4.30 40 yard dash

1.52 10 yard

2.59 20

4.01 short shuttle

11.17 long shuttle

6.63 3 cone

41" vert

10'9" long jump

Everyone of these numbers was at or near the top of the results of all the DBs at the combine, Hill is a ridiculous athlete.

PLAYER WHO WILL PERFORM BETTER IN NFL THAN MANY DRAFTED BEFORE HIM

Hill is another first round pick who isn't getting his props. Hill is a better prospect, in my mind, than Pacman Jones a top ten pick last year. While a but short, Hill has sprinter speed, excellent quickness, and can sky. With the premium placed on corners, he will be one of the stars that comes out of this draft and is a top 10 talent. Congratulations in advance to the team that drafts him.

CB

Jay Goldberg, 900FootballLinks.NET - Hill may have had the best week of practice of all players at the Senior Bowl. He didn't have much of a chance to show his stuff in the game, but made one nice tackle which was the only thing that couldn't be evaluated in practice.

Jay Goldberg, 900FootballLinks.NET - Hill is a short, quick cover corner with excellent speed and terrific ball skills. He catches like a wide receiver. I will be interested in seeing his vertical leap. He can cover anyone, but can he go up and challenge a high throw?

TD made the trade because the San Diego game exposed that our short corners would get abused by tall receivers like San Diego's 6-5 ones. Chris Houston continues to be in position to make the play or close but never seems to get his hands on the football and Brent Grimes showed even if he has ball skills he cant use them from down there. Our defense wasnt getting beat over the top with receivers getting behind our safeties, it was beat by corners in man coverage just having passes thrown over them.

I knew this would happen and when it did I knew TD would do what he does, cause that's who he is.

So what does he do? Theres no one with the right combination of healthy young and good available on the free agent market. We already traded next years 2nd to get the best receiving TE of all time (Amazing trade for us, terrible for KC, they wont win many games) so we gave up a 7th for the rights 2 a 2 year deal with a 1st round pick with amazing athletecism that excels in man coverage and has exceptional BALL SKILLS. Something our corners have shown they do not.

I understand why people might not be jumping up and down for this trade because the upside is a based on a little hope/luck.

But I fail to see how this trade is bad for us. At worst we gave up a seventh round pick (who probally wasn't going to make the team any way who knows) and traded one hurt coner for another.

But the upside is huge to say the least if we can retap his potential.

Vance Walker

Wilrey Fontenot and Keith Zinger

Jason Snelling

D.J. Shockley

Darrell Shropshire

Do you know these players? They're our 7th round picks over the last 5 years, and they haven't won any games for us.

None of them ever had the potential of a 1st round pick either

Another great move by the front office

I think you will find vance walker BEFORE this years draft was projected as a 1st round DT

apart from that I agree!

Jason Snelling has been a beast for us. DJ Shockley has held his own as a third QB, and there is no telling what may become of Zinger and Walker. Snelling in my view has been our best pick of the 07 draft. He is a special teams ace, he comes in at Running back and eats the clock when needed too. He can make big plays off the screen pass. The guy is a blocking machine. What else do you want from Snelling?

There are experts who said that it would take us three years or more just to get in this situation we are in right now. TD and Smitty have done an excellent job in bringing in new guys that have contributed to this team, from Pro bowlers to rookie of the year. A lot of fans are trying to jump ship because of one pre season game. I feel like people complain more during the pre season than the actual season. Whats wrong with some of the people on here?

To the so called "experts" that get on the message board and criticize the trade, I have one question, what's YOUR plan? It's so easy to criticize and play baby GM. To those that don't like it, I want them to explain to me how they would've upgraded the cornerback position, with whom, telling me how they would do TD's job better than him. This is a message board, we all have a right to post our opinions and that's fine. However, I just want to see what some people's solutions are who seem to always have something negative to say about the moves we make.

Vance Walker

Wilrey Fontenot and Keith Zinger

Jason Snelling

D.J. Shockley

Darrell Shropshire

Do you know these players? They're our 7th round picks over the last 5 years, and they haven't won any games for us.

None of them ever had the potential of a 1st round pick either

Another great move by the front office

Snelling is still here a ST player. Shockley, well the jury is still out on him and Vance Walker is just a rookie. So we don't his potential just yet.

Oops, I almost forgot Zinger is still hanging on. The only real busts here were Wilrey Fontenot and Darrell Shropshire.

To the so called "experts" that get on the message board and criticize the trade, I have one question, what's YOUR plan? It's so easy to criticize and play baby GM. To those that don't like it, I want them to explain to me how they would've upgraded the cornerback position, with whom, telling me how they would do TD's job better than him. This is a message board, we all have a right to post our opinions and that's fine. However, I just want to see what some people's solutions are who seem to always have something negative to say about the moves we make.

So who are these experts. List the links to their posts.

Why would I have to have faith in the FO over a 7th round pick? That is just stupid. TD basically just picked up a player from out of a van parked behind a second-hand shop. If he doesn't work out we haven't lost much of anything. This could have been an idea TD got from a psychic hotline for all I care.

Jason Snelling has been a beast for us. DJ Shockley has held his own as a third QB, and there is no telling what may become of Zinger and Walker. Snelling in my view has been our best pick of the 07 draft. He is a special teams ace, he comes in at Running back and eats the clock when needed too. He can make big plays off the screen pass. The guy is a blocking machine. What else do you want from Snelling?

I don't think he was discounting any of those players. He was merely pointing out that none of them had been huge factors in us winning games(regular season) since they were drafted. Tye Hill on the other hand, has that opportunity, and all we gave up was a seventh round pick.

I read the Rams fans comments that almost all were putting Hill down as a bust.

Are they serious, The entire Rams organization is a bust.

Apparently, they think they have had a winning record lately, think again Ram's fans!

Your entire Team is a BUST!

When he is on the field, his numbers are good. He's just been injured....A LOT! That is the big key. He needs to stay healthy. If he is injured, we are in big trouble.