T Hill knee injury

falconcrest58

neither....I believe I heard it was a cartilage in his knee......No MCL,ACL problems

It was cartilage and not sure why he missed 12 games because of it. It normally is a 2 to 4 week injury that requires arthroscopic surgery much like Moore just had. It is not serious at all. I had that surgery before. I was playing basketball in a months time.

Here's the full scoop (I have been reading threads about Hill all day:) ). First he had a cartilage tear. As GhostRider says above, that should have a much shorter recovery time, and the team was expecting him back sooner. But after problems lingered for many months, they discovered that he *also* had a "baker's cyst" in his knee. That was then drained through a very simple procedure, and now he should be injury free.

However, during the preseason, he has missed more than one practice due to swelling in the knee, so he doesn't yet appear to be 100%.

Here's the full scoop (I have been reading threads about Hill all day:) ). First he had a cartilage tear. As GhostRider says above, that should have a much shorter recovery time, and the team was expecting him back sooner. But after problems lingered for many months, they discovered that he *also* had a "baker's cyst" in his knee. That was then drained through a very simple procedure, and now he should be injury free.

However, during the preseason, he has missed more than one practice due to swelling in the knee, so he doesn't yet appear to be 100%.

I didn't know he had a cyst. That explains the time frame for him being out so long. The swelling is normal for the first year or so of recovery. Every time I would tweak mine it would swell for a few days. It always went down and then I was OK. I was also vulnerable to hyper extensions for a while before my knee was back to full strength. I am sure he rehabbed his well so he probably has nothing to worry about. The swelling might be something he has to deal with from time to time for a while. Took me a couple years for it to stop getting tweaked. He should be OK. He might have to ice it down a lot this year but healthy wise he should be OK.

I didn't know he had a cyst. That explains the time frame for him being out so long. The swelling is normal for the first year or so of recovery. Every time I would tweak mine it would swell for a few days. It always went down and then I was OK. I was also vulnerable to hyper extensions for a while before my knee was back to full strength. I am sure he rehabbed his well so he probably has nothing to worry about. The swelling might be something he has to deal with from time to time for a while. Took me a couple years for it to stop getting tweaked. He should be OK. He might have to ice it down a lot this year but healthy wise he should be OK.

Well that's great to hear, because I've been worried about the occasional swelling he's been having during the preseason. So he should be good to go! Let's get him on the field and figure out what he can do!

Well that's great to hear, because I've been worried about the occasional swelling he's been having during the preseason. So he should be good to go! Let's get him on the field and figure out what he can do!

Yea, for a while it is easy to tweak. When I say tweak I mean a slight hyper extension or just turn it awkwardly or something. It will swell up and make you think you really did something to it but once the swelling goes down it is OK. Her'll get better but I will say it is something that can happen at any time so hopefully he just keeps getting it stronger and he'll be fine. I think it is easy to tweak until it gets back to full strength. That cyst probably really slowed the healing down. That is what Peyton had last year and it took him a while to get back to normal last season.