Jose Valdez

Curveball

I am following Valdez during this free agent process. I read alot of the posts on this message board and have noticed that alot of you have Jose Valdez making a roster spot or at least a practice squad. Yet, I also notice that Butterworth isn't on alot of poster rosters. During the preseason games Butter gets the playing time and Valdez sits. Are they playing the money men over the free agents or do they like the Slippery Rock flash? Just curious.

I am following Valdez during this free agent process. I read alot of the posts on this message board and have noticed that alot of you have Jose Valdez making a roster spot or at least a practice squad. Yet, I also notice that Butterworth isn't on alot of poster rosters. During the preseason games Butter gets the playing time and Valdez sits. Are they playing the money men over the free agents or do they like the Slippery Rock flash? Just curious.

Butterworth has shown a lot of potential. My guess is that they are giving him every opportunity to make this team. But I have noticed Valdez and think if Butterworth doesn't impress, he'll take Butterworth's spot.

It's about value at this point and Valdez can play LG, RG, and RT (well, I might add). But Butterworth has potential to play all this plus LT. That alone makes him more valuable potentially.

But as for their play, Valdez has played better IMO.

Way better, actually.