Tye Hill

Falconsfan110

I am someone who visits these boards consistently, but hardly ever makes or responds to threads. However I have got to type this due to all of the talk over the trade today.

For all these people saying that this was not a good trade, think about it. We didnt give up a major draft pick or a player for Hill.

WE ONLY GAVE UP A 7TH ROUND DRAFT PICK!!!!!

We didnt lose any players and we gave up a draft pick that we would have used next year on someone who might not have even made the team.

Best case scenario: We got a very good corner in his prime for a steal

Worst case scenario: We traded away our 7TH ROUND DRAFT PICK.

This may not make us a whole lot better, but it does make us better and it definately doesnt make us any worse.

my answer is the worst case scenario no other NFL team wanted him... <_<

What do you mean? It's not like he was a free agent. The Rams thought he was expendable to them. One man's trash is another's treasure, and in this case, I don't think he's trash.

I think there's tremendous upside here. And, like you said, worst-case scenario is that it simply doesn't work out.

Sounds like the Rams were looking to dump his salary and clear some playing time for their younger corners. It also sounded like they were not interested in Hill eating up playing time and then getting injured. They want guys out there who can play 16 games so they can grow as a unit.

The Falcons really just needed a veteran CB and happened upon a recent top 15 pick. When Hill plays, he is productive. I think that is a perfect fit for us. Were not asking him to play every down as a shutdown CB, but he can work his way into that role by staying healthy. Its a win-win.

The Rams felt like they HAD to play him if he was on the roster, so they would rather dump the player/salary and clear room for a starter who could play 16 games. We have the luxury of Tye Hill playing spot duty for our defense in the event that he cannot play a full 16 game season. The reward for that risk is the possibility that Hill overcomes early injuries to the play he showed his rookie year.

I am someone who visits these boards consistently, but hardly ever makes or responds to threads. However I have got to type this due to all of the talk over the trade today.

For all these people saying that this was not a good trade, think about it. We didnt give up a major draft pick or a player for Hill.

We didnt lose any players and we gave up a draft pick that we would have used next year on someone who might not have even made the team.

This may not make us a whole lot better, but it does make us better and it definately doesnt make us any worse.

Your first sentence is the one you should stick with.

The rest of your post was late for dinner, and the dogs

were fed the scraps!

I'm mad at the fact that we could have waited a week or so and puck him up off of waivers.

I'm mad at the fact that we could have waited a week or so and puck him up off of waivers.

I KNOW!!!

the less time he has to learn our Defense before the season the better chance he will help us out right? <_<

WRONG

the earlier we got him the earlier he started in regular season. so we did the right thing.

7th round draft picks are future Hall of Famers that just dont get the chance to show what they can do!