NFL.COM Expert Predictions

ERIC_ATL

Click the LINKY for the article in it's entirity. We got the most first place votes of all the teams in the NFC SOUTH for what it's worth...

Vic Carucci

Last season was no fluke, and they've made strides. Still, the fact that opponents have a better handle on QB Matt Ryan will be felt.

Prediction: 9-7, second in NFC South

Steve Wyche

The Falcons will be able to score at will, but that might not be enough to overcome a young defense and a rough schedule.

Pat Kirwan

Run defense looks average, and the secondary has some weaknesses, but Falcons will stay on top because of Matt Ryan and his playmakers.

Prediction: 11-5, first in NFC South

Bucky Brooks

Falcons continue to ascend to the top of the NFC by riding their star QB and formidable rush attack to a division championship.

Jason La Canfora

We could see a long playoff run for the Falcons, who have a dominant offense and more-than-adequate defense.

Prediction: 12-4, first in NFC South

Projected Falcons defensive starters with fewer than three years of

NFL experience. The unit includes rookie DT Peria Jerry and three second-year starters -- MLB Curtis Lofton, CB Brent Grimes and FS Thomas DeCoud.

"I think we've got more respect now. I'm hoping it's still kind of like it was last year, so our heads aren't big and we still have to work for it. Last year, we were so bad the year before, people were like 'Oh, they'll win four, six games this year.' Hopefully they're saying the same thing this year. But I know they're not."

-- Falcons DE John Abraham

Click the LINKY for the article in it's entirity. We got the most first place votes of all the teams in the NFC SOUTH for what it's worth...

Vic Carucci

Last season was no fluke, and they've made strides. Still, the fact that opponents have a better handle on QB Matt Ryan will be felt.

Steve Wyche

The Falcons will be able to score at will, but that might not be enough to overcome a young defense and a rough schedule.

Pat Kirwan

Run defense looks average, and the secondary has some weaknesses, but Falcons will stay on top because of Matt Ryan and his playmakers.

Bucky Brooks

Falcons continue to ascend to the top of the NFC by riding their star QB and formidable rush attack to a division championship.

Jason La Canfora

We could see a long playoff run for the Falcons, who have a dominant offense and more-than-adequate defense.

Prediction: 12-4, first in NFC South

Projected Falcons defensive starters with fewer than three years of

NFL experience. The unit includes rookie DT Peria Jerry and three second-year starters -- MLB Curtis Lofton, CB Brent Grimes and FS Thomas DeCoud.

"I think we've got more respect now. I'm hoping it's still kind of like it was last year, so our heads aren't big and we still have to work for it. Last year, we were so bad the year before, people were like 'Oh, they'll win four, six games this year.' Hopefully they're saying the same thing this year. But I know they're not."

-- Falcons DE John Abraham

I definitely value Pat Kirwan's opinion and maybe also Bucky Brook's opinion as well as Jason La Canfora. I just hope our defense surprises everybody including us.

I think Wyche is about right. Have you seen the Saints this pre-season??? They have dominated.

The Saints admittedly have looked great. Offense 9/10 and defense 8/10. But hey, all of that can change once the REAL season starts. Their defense will have to come back to earth some. Plus, Mike f'n Bell will not dominate in the regular season either. Pierre Thomas MUST be healty for the Aints to even sniff the postseason. So you never know. Oh, the NFL...

I think Wyche is about right. Have you seen the Saints this pre-season??? They have dominated.

that they have.....but they have faced the bengals....suck.....raiders......suck......texans.......mediocre.

now we have faced the lions and rams.......but i think our starting offense played pretty well against a very good, experienced and fast chargers defense.

were these predictions before or after the Chargers pre-season game? Because I think the Chargers game word is out which has probably lowered national expectations of the Falcons

It was posted yesterday. And if you actually read the article, you would have found out that the "experts" realize that our defense will take some time to develop... :huh:

So the national media is freaking out less than you apparenty.

UGA 34 OK ST 28...What do you think?