Comparing the Production: Tye Hill vs. Top CBs

xFalconLord

I found some of the better CBs in the league to compare how they hawk the ball at the corner position. The main point I am making here is that Tye Hill is good when he plays. I think we have corners who play a lot, but are not neccessarily good when they are on the field. Hill's problems are not related to his play on the field. He is very productive when hes playing.

I would much rather have a guy whose good when he plays, than a guy who plays but is not good.

Cornerback Comparisons

Tye Hill -- 28 games, 4 INTS, 16 passes deflected (0.71 deflections or ints/game)

Nnamdi Asomugha -- 92 games, 10 INTs, 52 passes deflected (0.67 deflections or ints/game)

Lito Sheppard -- 93 games, 18 INTs, 70 passes deflected (0.94 deflections or ints/game)

Ike Taylor -- 93 games, 8 INTs, 69 passes deflected (0.83 deflections or ints/game

Champ Bailey -- 150 games, 43 INTs, 155 passes deflected (1.32 deflections or ints/game)

Asante Samuel -- 90 games, 26 INTs, 103 passes deflected (1.43 deflections or ints/game)

good job falcon lord. Project Hill's stats out by tripling the games played and he and Asomugha are pretty close which is saying a lot about hills capabilities. What is the REAL word on the injury(s) to Hills knee...? Is it somthing that has a decent prognosis by the docs?

I wouldnt have any clue about Hill's knee. I would assume that Dimitroff put Hill through a physical before making the trade. Generally that is always a requirement in trade's and other acquisitions.

you should also put up Grimes and Houston's ..................just curious .

Houston -- 32 games, 2 INTs, 25 deflections (0.84 plays/game)

Grimes -- 14 games, 1 INT, 6 deflections (0.5 plays/game)

Houston seemed to get thrown at a lot last season with Foxworth on the other side. I think that led to many of his deflections last season. Either way, I was hopeful for his future before last weekend. I think he is never going to learn how to locate the ball in the air and make a play on the ball. That is something that Grimes and Hill do well.

CBs must be able to find and track the ball.

Houston seemed to get thrown at a lot last season with Foxworth on the other side. I think that led to many of his deflections last season. Either way, I was hopeful for his future before last weekend. I think he is never going to learn how to locate the ball in the air and make a play on the ball. That is something that Grimes and Hill do well.

Uh, did u say "find and track the ball"...? What an amazing concept. Easy to know in our CB's minds, but OH SO DIFFICULT to do in battle... But that is why they get paid the big $$...

Thanks , I agree on the find the ball , and it's like they don't understand that when the ball is in the air it anybodies ball , it's just as much thier ball as the WR .

How about the rate of times players get beat a game?

Houston gets torched for 2.7 TD per game with his 0.84 pd/int rate LOL

and Grimes gets torched for 1.9 TD Per game with his .5 pd/int rate.

:lol::lol:

Edit: this was just to show that although the ratio is up there they may get beat. and i know it happens its just keeping it down.

How about the rate of times players get beat a game?

Houston gets torched for 2.7 TD per game with his 0.84 pd/int rate LOL

and Grimes gets torched for 1.9 TD Per game with his .5 pd/int rate.

:lol::lol:

Edit: this was just to show that although the ratio is up there they may get beat. and i know it happens its just keeping it down.

1.9 TD per game X 14 games that 26.6 TDs I do not think Grimes has given up that many TDs all total.