former falcon turns down lions offer

WARIIRI

Free agent Lawyer Milloy turns down Lions' offer

0 Comment

August 31

Detroit News

Share Article

"It's clear the Lions need help at the safety position. But according to an NFL.com report, veteran free agent Lawyer Milloy won't be coming to the team's rescue.

Milloy reportedly turned down the Lions' contract offer Monday after visiting Allen Park, and now the 13-year veteran will look elsewhere for a job."

I think Larry Foote or someone from the Steelers went there,I guess he had enough rings, lol.

Foote has two rings and is a Detroit native. He saw the writing on the wall in Pittsburgh with Lawrence Timmons coming up to take his job. That doesn't necessarily mean that Foote is done yet. PGH has an insane track record with LBs, and sometimes don't hurt for letting them go with gas in the tank. Joey Porter was let go to make way for James Harrison, after all. I don't blame Milloy for turning down Detroit though. Where Foote is a Detroit native looking to wind down his career near "home", that doesn't need to be what Milloy wants.

I know everyone thinks he's too slow, but I always liked the way he played. He was a great tackler. He could teach these kids a thing or two.

I'm just a little sad that he's no longer a Falcon, but I understand getting younger. I just enjoyed his style - he was an all out player.

I know everyone thinks he's too slow, but I always liked the way he played. He was a great tackler. He could teach these kids a thing or two.

I'm just a little sad that he's no longer a Falcon, but I understand getting younger. I just enjoyed his style - he was an all out player.

He was definitely a great guy and could have a future ahead of him as a coach. But sometimes your head is healthier than your body.

I wouldn't mind having Milloy here. I still have questions about DeCoud myself.

DeCoud might still have questions, but Milloy's questions have definitely been answered with a very strong YES.

Yes, he's too slow now.

Yes, he's washed up now.

Yes, he should retire.

At least DeCoud has a possible future.