Falcons release Hartsock and Hutchins

atljbo

Falcons release Hartsock and Hutchins

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Flowery Branch -- Tight end Ben Hartsock and defensive back Von Hutchins, members of the highly touted 2008 free agency class, were released by the Falcons on Tuesday.

Related Falcons stories »

With the trade for cornerback Tye Hill, the team had 76 players on the roster. They needed to get to the league-required 75 roster limit by 4 p.m. today.

The release of Hartsock and Hutchins puts them under the limit with 74 players.

The team had to be down to 53 players by Saturday.

Over the 2008 offseason, when the Falcons sign running back Michael Turner, they also added Hartsock and Hutchins.

Hartsock, a blocking tight end who caught only three passes last season, signed a four-year, $9 million deal with $2.25 million guaranteed. Hutchins, who spent last season on injured reserve after suffering a Lisfranc (foot) injury), signed a four-year, $9-million deal with $2.35 million guaranteed.

I saw both of these coming.... Ben Hartsock can not make 2+ million playing as the 3rd TE and we all know Von Hutchins is not healthy.

Dude I'm at a studio engineering and mixing music must of the time .... So I'm at computer ALLLLLL the time.... When i get in i keep the AFMB at the bottom of the screen at all times...lol

I keep it up on my computer as well. If I'm at work, or on the road on my phone (only if I'm riding). I just sit around and wait for different news updates.

Dude I'm at a studio engineering and mixing music must of the time .... So I'm at computer ALLLLLL the time.... When i get in i keep the AFMB at the bottom of the screen at all times...lol

Yeah I am on the computer at work too and i stay on the MB helps my day go buy faster, but still try not th steal the Mods Thunder, dont want to serve a 4 game supension like Jbo

Yeah I am on the computer at work too and i stay on the MB helps my day go buy faster, but still try not th steal the Mods Thunder, dont want to serve a 4 game supension like Jbo

**Jbo slowly backing off** .... I'm not stealing no one's thunder ....lol

For real you should let me hear some stuff, I'm actually going to start my project studio once I move in my apt. I have an extremely modest set-up right now, at the moment I'm just learning pro tools GUI by composing some stuff of my own. But yea, it would be nice to hear some stuff.

I saw the Hutchins cut coming due to the trade for Hill, but I don't understand the Harstock cut. He's a good blocking tight end. Do we just keep two tight ends? Because Gonzalez and Peele are the only ones we have that are worth crap. If so then okay I like this, but if we are keeping Rader or Zinger than I think this was a mistake.

I saw the Hutchins cut coming due to the trade for Hill, but I don't understand the Harstock cut. He's a good blocking tight end. Do we just keep two tight ends? Because Gonzalez and Peele are the only ones we have that are worth crap. If so then okay I like this, but if we are keeping Rader or Zinger than I think this was a mistake.

I think it was a money issue as well...there's no use in paying your 3rd string TE 2+mil just to block when u can pay Keith Zinger 7th round pick money to do the same thing. Zinger looked good this preseason IMO and perhaps has more potential...Hope he makes it over Rader