We still need another CB

Hatch

Well I'd like someone to tell who Smith HASN'T owned?
DeAngelo Hall. besides the emotional episode in 07 Smith was lucky to even make a reception against Hall let alone a TD. and once when he did Hall stripped him before the goal line and caused a touchback. Hall made Smith cry after that game lol

Yeah, cause there are a TON of #1 corners all over the streets just sittin around doin nothin waitin to get signed...

exactly, the ones that are, are sittin there for a reason and are has beens. Foxworth was proof we don't need a pro bowl #1 CB. we just need someone that can do his job, which Tye can do.

exactly, the ones that are, are sittin there for a reason and are has beens. Foxworth was proof we don't need a pro bowl #1 CB. we just need someone that can do his job, which Tye can do.

Tye can do? Last time I checked.... he was a bust in St. Lewis, hopefully he turns his career around but he would still be a #2 cb.

DeAngelo Hall. besides the emotional episode in 07 Smith was lucky to even make a reception against Hall let alone a TD. and once when he did Hall stripped him before the goal line and caused a touchback. Hall made Smith cry after that game lol

True, but I REALLY don't think that Hill is going to get pwned by Smith so easily.

Tye can do? Last time I checked.... he was a bust in St. Lewis, hopefully he turns his career around but he would still be a #2 cb.

So, you won't give him a chance? Do you or have you ever played football? How about CB? Its an extremely hard position and the deck is stacked pretty high against you. With a good enough p-rush and heads up play by the safeties, this will be good. Hill is usually step for step with his guy.

also he had a great rookie season and then the next 2 got injured......how do you know he can't comeback and ball it up.....also dimitroff scouted him and was high on him(that has to mean something)

So, you won't give him a chance? Do you or have you ever played football? How about CB? Its an extremely hard position and the deck is stacked pretty high against you. With a good enough p-rush and heads up play by the safeties, this will be good. Hill is usually step for step with his guy.

I never once said "I will not give this guy a chance" all I said is that we still need another CB.

also he had a great rookie season and then the next 2 got injured......how do you know he can't comeback and ball it up.....also dimitroff scouted him and was high on him(that has to mean something)

Which is why I said "I hope he can turn his career around"

Foxworth actually had skills and wasn't a bust the last time I checked... hopefully Tye can turn it around...still not a #1 cb imo though.

This is where I think you're going wrong... Tye Hill HAS the skills, the only reason he didn't do more in St. Louis is because he was hurt. Even the Rams fans who are calling him a bust have said he has the skills but they just didn't see enough of him on the field.

He was durable in college and has had two weird injuries in the NFL; a cracked bone in his back ... not exactly something that will reoccur... and torn cartilage/cyst in his knee. The cartilage is a relatively common injury and should have only kept him out a couple weeks, not all season. Problem was the doctors didn't find the cyst for weeks after the cartilage healed and he was still complaining of pain. At that point his season was pretty much done.