Don't look for Tye Hill to be our saviour

Rev_Hal

Tye Hill coming to Atlanta is not going to solve all of our secondary problems, but he can be a piece of the puzzle that helps things get better. He showed promise in his first season, but has been injury prone since. He is coming off his second season ending injury, which made him the odd man out in St. Louis.

I doubt he will step up and be ain immediate impact player, Recovering from knee surgery and learnign a new system means he will produce down the road.

If he is healthy and returns to his 2006 form, he will contribute close to same level as Foxwoth did last year. If the injuries linger, he will be a special teams player at best. Either way, we are only gambling a 7th round pick.

Fresh start for Hill, small investment by Dimitroff - could pay off huge or fizzle out. Either way, it is a savvy move by TD.

Tye Hill coming to Atlanta is not going to solve all of our secondary problems, but he can be a piece of the puzzle that helps things get better. He showed promise in his first season, but has been injury prone since. He is coming off his second season ending injury, which made him the odd man out in St. Louis.

I doubt he will step up and be ain immediate impact player, Recovering from knee surgery and learnign a new system means he will produce down the road.

If he is healthy and returns to his 2006 form, he will contribute close to same level as Foxwoth did last year. If the injuries linger, he will be a special teams player at best. Either way, we are only gambling a 7th round pick.

Fresh start for Hill, small investment by Dimitroff - could pay off huge or fizzle out. Either way, it is a savvy move by TD.

I agree, but still could be an upgrade over Houston

I too agree, but you have to start somewhere. The front office seems to be trying to address our secondary issues. Him just making it on the field should be an upgrade over houston.

Denver was stacked at CB. Hill is much more of a damaged goods player. He is definately worth a 7th round pick though.

Not that this really matters, but since the team has to be at 75 players right now, who got released? I know it has to be someone who was going to get cut on the 5th anyway, just a few days early. Just curious......................... :huh:

nobody thought foxworth would do much either. he was denvers 4th CB before the trade.

Foxworth didn't play 12 games in two seasons. And Champ Bailey is still an elite corner, and Dre Bly was coming off of a 5 INT season and 14 Pass Def along with a sack. Foxworth wanted to start, and knew he wasn't going to with Denver so he wanted out and he came here. People who weren't expecting much out of him obviously didn't know enough about the Broncos situation to make that judgment.

Denver was stacked at CB. Hill is much more of a damaged goods player. He is definately worth a 7th round pick though.

Damaged goods perhaps, but his doctors misdiagnosed his knee problem. That's why he missed most of the 2008 season. I don't know if a Baker's cyst can be recovered from more easily than a torn ACL/MCL, but hey we can only hope. 'I Think I've had my share of down times'

Houston is better than people here are giving him credit for. While he is not a stud #1 CB, he is young and improving. I think he would be fine as our #2.

I agree, put Hill at #1 and Houston at #2 and I think we'll have a pretty good CB tandem.

Maybe he can turn his head on the other side this time.

Houston is better than people here are giving him credit for. While he is not a stud #1 CB, he is young and improving. I think he would be fine as our #2.

No i am giving him the right amount of credit and i would rather see Houston at FS then CB, IMO Grimes and or Owens will make a better option at #2, if everything works out with Hill and his injuries

I agree, put Hill at #1 and Houston at #2 and I think we'll have a pretty good CB tandem.

Maybe he can turn his head on the other side this time.

YOu really think that putting Houston on the other side is going to make that much of a difference, Houston is not that good at playing off man whether he is on the right or left side, and is still is not an aggressive enough so i really doubt that Houston is going to get much of a shot, especially with Grimes and Owens already breathing down his neck. The CB competition has gotten even more heated now.

Like someone else mentioned in another thread it sounds like he would have been cut but TD's connections allowed us to get the first shot at him. For a 7th rounder it is worth the gamble. Plus he has good speed and the team taked about "getting faster" I am sure after cuts we will bring in some other guys.

No i am giving him the right amount of credit and i would rather see Houston at FS then CB, IMO Grimes and or Owens will make a better option at #2, if everything works out with Hill and his injuries

Why do you want a guy at FS when the knock on him is he doesn't play physical enough?